Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:09:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Mining hardware for group buy and starting a LEGIT cloud mining  (Read 690 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RappelzReborn (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 09:51:14 PM

So i see a lot of people (sadly not only noobs) loosing all their money with those fucked up scammers of "cloud mining" websites. The latest one (hashocean) captured a very important part of BTCT users and again: not only noobs!
In the attempt to avoid this in the future (doesnt matter how many experienced members warned TO NOT invest in those scams), i am pondering to start a group buy which will lead to a small mining farm, opening the hash power to sale.
  • I have a nice location in Italy of about 3000sqm
  • The wharehouse is powered by solar panels, over a contiguous land of about 5 acres for a total power of 1500 Kw
  • The property is coming from a dismissing part of my company, which bought the solar panels some years ago, using government money as a loan, with the false illusion of a ROI that never came: in Italy you would buy solar panels and sell the generated power to the central authorities, and you can get a loan to do so. The problem is you will never ROI because the very high taxation
  • What i have in mind is: putting the solar farm off grid and use a part of the power for mining hardware: ant S7-S9 and above, included avalons or any upcoming 14-16 nm miners and least (but not the last) ATI RADEON video cards to mine altcoins.
  • BTC miners would point to the best lucky pools, like Antpool, Slush etc, while i would use rigs with nicehash miner to mine profitable algos like lyra32 and others and get paid in Bitcoins.
  • I would need the cooperation/interest of trusted members on this forum to build up a LEGIT, fair and straightforward honest environment: we would give out proofs of hardware buy with serial numbers from trusted suppliers (say Bitmain etc) as long as proof of mining using pool's API with public workers, proofs and detail of mining farm with pictures, videos and meets by person to whoever would come visit their investment location.
  • Security wont be an issue as the location is already served by a very strong security system connected with local police and private security company called Metropol
  • The location is near Rome so any visit from italian members of this forum is welcome and easy at any time
  • Posting in this section to start a call for all hardware sellers, even private/small sellers that want to get rid of mentioned hardware because not profitable anymore for them. Also posting here because, of course, everything would start as a group buy

Please understand this is a serious idea and if i will find enough interested people, i will start it without any delay, as the location is already in my hands.
Thanks for reading this and for your attention.
~RR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hacko86

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 10:20:28 AM

I would be in! (Italiano) But what about temperature?
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:38:45 AM

I would be in! (Italiano) But what about temperature?

Ciao! And yes, we were thinking about some isotermic cells like these http://www.cellafrigo.com/cella-frigor-usata
I contacted some of them and i guess a bulk order can give us a 10 feets cell for less than 1000 euro and hopefully up to 10 miners.
It's a serious matter tho...
Any specific skill you may have? Also, you can PM me for further details (in italiano Wink ) if your location is near Rome (or not) we might meet as well.
~RR

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16543

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 06:43:30 AM

• The wharehouse is powered by solar panels, over a contiguous land of about 5 acres for a total power of 1500 Kw
  • What i have in mind is: putting the solar farm off grid
How do you plan to do this? You want to mine 24/7 to utilize your mining hardware. If you have 1500 kW peak you'll need a huge battery storage system including power converters.
In all practical applications a grid-connection is cheaper.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hacko86

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 02:35:13 PM

Definitely it will need grid connection...
(p.m. sent Rappelz)

anyway imo a good small scale hosting opportunity!
RappelzReborn (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:05:23 PM

Yeah, actualy it is grid connected, we got just frustrated because taxation is eating all theorical earnigs that should come from solar panels.
Anyway at this stage i was just thinking loud: of course once we decide to start, we gotta do maths!
@hacko yep i think this is a good opportunity. (Got your PM i'm actually at a party, calling you tonight or tomorrow)
~RR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: