Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:06:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious Question - Nullc, are you Satoshi?  (Read 4207 times)
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:28:02 PM

There's something really spooky about this for some reason.

Who is this guy? are you saying this guy is satoshi or something? what's the backstory? Also I think that no matter how much you ask, whoever satoshi is will admit being satoshi.

very true. satoshi would even just say nothing if asked if he is the real satoshi. but turned to somewhere else.
and i mean the guy had created a valuable invention that threatens banks and governments. he should shouldn't come out else bitcoin bag holders are doomed.  Grin

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:35:47 PM

Who is this guy? are you saying this guy is satoshi or something? what's the backstory? Also I think that no matter how much you ask, whoever satoshi is will admit being satoshi.

very true. satoshi would even just say nothing if asked if he is the real satoshi. but turned to somewhere else.
and i mean the guy had created a valuable invention that threatens banks and governments. he should shouldn't come out else bitcoin bag holders are doomed.  Grin

This is why it's a waste of time. Sure, gmaxwell could be satoshi, but so could be a couple other devs, ultimately it doesn't really matter since no one of them will ever admit it since they are too smart and know it would be a disaster saying it.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 02:54:40 PM

Looking at his face i can call him Satoshi Nakamoto, but any proofs that this guy and Satoshi is really one person. People like to call someone a Satoshi Grin

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:00:41 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2016, 03:25:41 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

I doubt this game is a coincidence, but it's probably like the calculus, discovered at the same time in different places; I guess lots of people had been working on these problems. When an idea's ready to be born, it will squeeze its way into the world any which way it can.

https://soundcloud.com/listentothispodcast/findsatoshi

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Mr Felt (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:15:40 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2016, 02:36:06 PM by Mr Felt

There are tons of people named Satoshi.  Don't lose the forest for the trees.

Mr Felt (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 02:37:34 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 01:16:41 AM by Mr Felt

I retract the inference or suggestion that nullc = midnightmagic.  Further research on the matter at the Tahoe site has led me a different direction.  

Example: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.tahoe.devel/1365

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 12:31:00 AM

There are tons of people named Satoshi.  Don't lose the forest for the trees.

That is true....But, how many people are named Satoshi who are also involved with groups researching technology to create distributed ledgers associated with brute forcing cryptographically hashed data, which coincidentally, went dark mid-stream just prior to the publication of the original bitcoin white paper?  
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 12:53:48 AM

I doubt this game is a coincidence, but it's probably like the calculus, discovered at the same time in different places; I guess lots of people had been working on these problems. When an idea's ready to be born, it will squeeze its way into the world any which way it can.

Absolutely...that is basically how it happened.  However, in this case, research was covertly being conducted to take advantage of the wisdom of the masses without the masses knowing that they were contributing to a larger project.  So, what appeared to be a game was really a concerted effort to mine "brain power" to solve contemporary problems associated with distributed networking.  It's no coincidence that the game was ended before the last solvable puzzle was completed.  Nor is it a coincidence that the last solvable puzzle was card #256 (allusion to a newly standardized 256 bit hashing algorithm?) which was captioned, "find me" and who's clue was, "I am Satoshi!"
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:17:54 AM

Absolutely...that is basically how it happened.  However, in this case, research was covertly being conducted to take advantage of the wisdom of the masses without the masses knowing that they were contributing to a larger project.  So, what appeared to be a game was really a concerted effort to mine "brain power" to solve contemporary problems associated with distributed networking.  It's no coincidence that the game was ended before the last solvable puzzle was completed.  Nor is it a coincidence that the last solvable puzzle was card #256 (allusion to a newly standardized 256 bit hashing algorithm?) which was captioned, "find me" and who's clue was, "I am Satoshi!"

Do you mean to say that this game contained the actual cryptographic problems needed to be solved for Bitcoin? And that they were solved this way? What cards were they? Huh

I just meant that Satoshi was probably familiar with the game.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 05:08:03 AM

Do you mean to say that this game contained the actual cryptographic problems needed to be solved for Bitcoin? And that they were solved this way? What cards were they? Huh

Yes....

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14122

Read thru that thread....realize, though, that forum was just one of many venues where this problem was being worked out.  Bitcoin hadn't been created yet....but this game "perplexcity" went dark right in the middle of solving card 251, just prior to the publication of the original white paper.....many references to the development of the ledger has been pruned, decommissioned, or diluted....the development of the ledger system made a brute force attempt more efficient because it distributed a record of the eliminated attempts and allowed a client to access and append to the ledger across the network. ..<----Turn that function around and there's part of the solution to the double spend problem which plagued many decentralized digital cash proposals....
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:18:10 PM

These questions are pointless if you have a brain and consider the following:
1) If he is Satoshi, he will deny it.
2) If he isn't Satoshi, he will deny it.

What is the point of such article? To waste time? To get agencies to investigate Maxwell?

True, if you could read minds, predict the future or be 100% sure of an outcome. You can do neither (I think). So I would say ask/research away  Cheesy
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:26:41 PM

Yes....

Read thru that thread....realize, though, that forum was just one of many venues where this problem was being worked out.  Bitcoin hadn't been created yet....but this game "perplexcity" went dark right in the middle of solving card 251, just prior to the publication of the original white paper.....many references to the development of the ledger has been pruned, decommissioned, or diluted....the development of the ledger system made a brute force attempt more efficient because it distributed a record of the eliminated attempts and allowed a client to access and append to the ledger across the network. ..<----Turn that function around and there's part of the solution to the double spend problem which plagued many decentralized digital cash proposals....

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 06:39:01 AM

Yes....

My friend I must admit that your explanation sounds so fascinating.
I do not believe that those coincidences are not connected, they simply are. The #256 card as the algorithm is simply mindblowing.
The timing tells more than it says, definitely
nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:02:20 AM

You're right and by revealing himself, he is just making his life into risk because government will surely catch him and kill him for threatening the greedy lifestyle of the government.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 06:43:47 AM

To reply to non sensical posts, after a thread was considered over is the thing we hate the most. You have probably not read anything before that and you decided to write this simplistic statement to raise your post count.
thanks  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: