Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum help  (Read 674 times)
BBHex (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 10:25:59 AM

I have electrum wallet installed in my computer and my problem is it doesn't accept my password even i am 100% sure i am entering the correct password. What should i do to access again my coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 10:34:50 AM

You should have stored your seed when you first created your electrum wallet, you can use that to create a new wallet with the "restore wallet" option you can then access your coins again.
BBHex (OP)

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 11:09:41 AM

You should have stored your seed when you first created your electrum wallet, you can use that to create a new wallet with the "restore wallet" option you can then access your coins again.

Sadly i lost the copy of my seed. Is there any other way to recover my coins stucked in the wallet because of the password not accepted by electrum?

Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:45:24 PM

Sadly i lost the copy of my seed. Is there any other way to recover my coins stucked in the wallet because of the password not accepted by electrum?

There's no way to restore your wallet other than using the seed/password if you don't have the private keys backed up.  Both of those are pretty much the whole security of electrum.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:38:11 AM

you should only work on your password and be sure that your are entering something wrong. keep in mind that passwords are case sensitive so you may be forgetting to enter something uppercase.

also try this: type your password someplace else like a .txt file and try different combinations that you may thing by looking at it and then paste each in electrum and try it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:53:04 AM

i don't have experience brute-forcing electrum, but the earlyer versions seemed to use aes encryption:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170188.0

If you have a vague idear about what your password might have been, it shouldn't be to hard to write a little script to iterate trough your idears, add some letters, change some letters,...

Once again: the post above is for an old version, i have never attempted to execute this idear, so it might not work (anymore)
BBHex (OP)

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 07:03:11 AM

you should only work on your password and be sure that your are entering something wrong. keep in mind that passwords are case sensitive so you may be forgetting to enter something uppercase.

also try this: type your password someplace else like a .txt file and try different combinations that you may thing by looking at it and then paste each in electrum and try it.

i am 100% sure i am typing the correct password i just don't know why my electrum don't accept it. i am still trying to find ways on how to recover coins in the wallet or else im fucked Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: