Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:43:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed transaction  (Read 1344 times)
xy94087 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:58:42 PM

Hi, on June 15th I sent -1.94075318 BTC to 1DkjqUfJGhJ3oxEuHkATexSrvcohC8PWdD from my bitcoin core wallet.  The transaction comes up on Tradeblock but there are still no confirmations.  I was told that usually after 5 days the trade is cancelled and goes back to the sending wallet.  I made the mistake of not unchecking the "send as zero-fee transaction is possible" button and that may be why this happened.  What can I do to either have the trade confirmed or cancelled?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitterbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:12:17 PM

May I know which wallet did u use to make the transaction.Depending upon if u have the private key of the 19m2qu1PaKLUjtKJfL8gXDHbAwonyY2im5 U may be able to bump the fee of the transaction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:53:40 PM

Hi, on June 15th I sent -1.94075318 BTC to 1DkjqUfJGhJ3oxEuHkATexSrvcohC8PWdD from my bitcoin core wallet.  The transaction comes up on Tradeblock but there are still no confirmations. I was told that usually after 5 days the trade is cancelled and goes back to the sending wallet

You were given false information.  The Bitcoin Core wallet will remember the transaction and continue to re-broadcast it forever until it gets confirmed.  Since there is no fee, it is impossible to tell when it will confirm.  You are waiting for a miner (or pool) to confirm it for you out of the charity in their heart when they could instead confirm a transaction that actually increases their revenue.  This could happen in the next block, or it could take a VERY long time (days? weeks? months? years?).

What can I do to either have the trade confirmed or cancelled?

Depending on the version of Bitcoin Core you are running, you might be able to use "zapwallettxes" or "abandontransaction" to remove the transaction from your wallet so that it stops broadcasting it. Then you could turn on the coin-control features of Bitcoin Core wallet, and create a new transaction that uses the exact same input but pays a reasonable fee.

May I know which wallet did u use to make the transaction.

That's a silly question.  Take a closer look at the original post.
xy94087 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:06:40 PM

I am using v0.11.2;  Does this version have "zapwallettxes" or "abandontransaction"?  If not, should I back up my wallet, then remove the current version, and then download a newer version?  Thank you for your help DannyHamilton.  I appreciate it greatly.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:57:30 PM

I am using v0.11.2;  Does this version have "zapwallettxes" or "abandontransaction"?  If not, should I back up my wallet, then remove the current version, and then download a newer version?  Thank you for your help DannyHamilton.  I appreciate it greatly.

abandontransaction wasn't added to the wallet until release 0.12.0 I think, so you'd have to upgrade if you want to use it.

zapwallettxes was added in vesion 0.9.0, so you should have access to that.

To use zapwallettxes, you'll need to shut down your wallet software.  Then from a command line in your operating system, you'll need to start it back up with -zapwallettxes as a command line parameter. The method for doing that will depend on what operating system you are using (Apple OSX? Some version of Linux? Some version of Windows?)

The wallet will remove all transactions, and then scan the entire blockchain looking for confirmed transactions.  All the confirmed transactions will be found in the blockchain and will therefore be restored to the wallet.  All the unconfirmed transactions will not be found in the blockchain, and therefore will not show back up in the wallet. Any bitcoins that were sent with the unconfirmed transactions will therefore be back in your wallet and ready to spend again.

If you decide to upgrade to version 0.12.0 or newer, then in the "Debug Window" found under the "Help" menu, you can enter the following command in the "Console":

Code:
abandontransaction TXID

(Replacing TXID with your actual transaction ID)
xy94087 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 12:04:14 PM

I just got a message from my wallet saying that my version is obsolete and that an upgrade is required.  I have backed up my wallet; and will try to upgrade and use the abandontransaction command.  I am nervous that I will not know how to apply my backup to the upgraded wallet.  If I have a problem I will message again.  Thank you for your responses thus far.  I appreciate it greatly.
xy94087 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 12:27:55 PM

So, I upgraded and tried the abandontransaction fb7e13228449b67e09ee93c9214d106bd193ebeacc2583207262d6621c4aa976-000 command but I got this response "Transaction not eligible for abandonment (code -5)"

My next option is the zapwallettxes.  I am using Windows.  Do you need to know which version to supply the method of adding zapwallettxes as a command line parameter?
xy94087 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 12:36:28 PM

I have Windows 7 Home Premium on my computer
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:36:43 PM

So, I upgraded and tried the abandontransaction fb7e13228449b67e09ee93c9214d106bd193ebeacc2583207262d6621c4aa976-000 command but I got this response "Transaction not eligible for abandonment (code -5)"

My next option is the zapwallettxes.  I am using Windows.  Do you need to know which version to supply the method of adding zapwallettxes as a command line parameter?

Try the abandontransaction command again, but don't include the "-000" at the end of the transaction ID.

xy94087 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:35:51 PM

I dropped the "-000" but got the same response. 

steven0021

Activity: 629
Merit: 501

Experientia docet

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:46:54 PM

I dropped the "-000" but got the same response.  

Then try zapwallettxes. For windows just close bitcoin core, press win+r and enter something like the following:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -zapwallettxes

Change the path to wherever your bitcoin-qt.exe is.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
xy94087 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:32:41 AM

The rescan with -zapwallettxes worked!  I don't believe it!  Thank you so much!  I will try to resend the BTC again with the higher miner fee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: