Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:59:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing big really happened  (Read 2042 times)
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:51:36 PM

Even after 5 yrs after the invention of Bitcoin nothing outstanding happened so that we can be boastful about the fact that we are moving forward.

Ethereum - Marginal probability of long term survival
DAO- On the verge of extinction
Waves- No solid business plan.Uninformed practises.
Litecoin,Dogecoin and other  cryptocoins- No large scale adoption of these coins.Didnt attract the masses.

Bitcoin is the only winner in the crypto world.
Hail Satoshi!!

is it just me or the bolded parts (the first line and the last line) are contradicting each other. it is as if OP doesn't know what he wants to say himself.

and then the funnier part is the first line after that about Ethereum by calling it long term survival! which is not gonna happen

--signature space for rent; sent PM--

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rphk

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 03:00:12 PM

now bitcoin is the highest trusted  among all crypto currency , because it has gained more popularity , i hope it will grow bigger and bigger every year and also government should make it as legal digital currency, once that is done i believe it will be in high demand.

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 03:09:31 PM

None can deny that bitcoin is the leader of all of the digital currencies that have existed. I believe bitcoin is the only currency which has got the enormous potential and the innovative technology.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 03:09:40 PM

Nothing big happened? I think a lot happened. It is not a revolution that could happen over night.  Bitcoin is awfully similar to creation and propagation of Internet Network.

As you may know internet were created LONG time ago (in the IIRC 1960s), it was widely used by universities and military since 1980s. But normal people had no idea abut it back then!

But in the the last 20 years since 1996, Internet use has grown more than 100-times. And soon it will take over TV and all other types of media and communication.

I expect that we will see the same scenario repeated with bitcoin.

PS: After invention of bitcoin people created more than 600 altcoins - most of them are useless though.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 03:11:26 PM

It made a few people very rich.

Lots of businesses built around bitcoin, so I guess that's something.
You should have elaborated your point.The fact is,we're moving forward as people are using coins to convert them into fiats,making bitcoin as more of a digital asset rather than an innovative payment system.We still need to reach a point where bitcoins as payments will be accepted on all the major e-commerce platforms.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 03:15:25 PM

Actually so many things already happened and sadly most of them are bad things like scamming and ponzi projects.
But so many people earning lots of cash by just playing with prices in exchanges.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 03:15:38 PM

the fact that bitcoins been alive for 5 years is a pretty big deal. bitcoin still being valuable after 5 years shows it has amazing potential. once it gets adopted within everyday merchants we will see the real power of bitcoin.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:59:41 PM

None can deny that bitcoin is the leader of all of the digital currencies that have existed. I believe bitcoin is the only currency which has got the enormous potential and the innovative technology.
Then people will always believe that,bitcoin is the leader and the king of crypto currency,lead on price,on development,on algorithm,and on anything,yeah i'm agree that some crypto like Etherum,DAO,and waves cannot replace bitcoin,even they have better developer and team.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:17:36 PM

bitcoin is indeed the king of all the cryptocurrencies in the world and it is only getting better and better each day.

and soon after the halving when the price rises and new investors come bitcoin will be a lot bigger than this.

Buying the dip...
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1316
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 05:23:22 PM

bitcoin is indeed the king of all the cryptocurrencies in the world and it is only getting better and better each day.

and soon after the halving when the price rises and new investors come bitcoin will be a lot bigger than this.
Yeah its our main crypto ever altcoin is not enough to defeat bitcoin altcoin developers made altcoin to make a profit not to change the place of bitcoin.. they are just promoting and look for investors to increase the value of altcoin. but the truth they are just attracting people to buy so that if they have lots of altcoin you can sell it anytime to convert it into bitcoin..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:55:26 PM

Yes, Bitcoin is the leader among cryptocurrency, he has legs to stand on as opposed to others. Most altcoins rightly could be considered a bench. In fact, they do not provide any new features and available options can be easily implemented using the sidechain. Besides altcoins not particularly known.

I think to this day it is true that bitcoin is still the leader of the cryptocurrency, for Bitcoin is much better than the other crypto. But it is possible in the future leaders of the crypto will change in line with technological developments. So it is only temporary, and we don't have to worry because the future remains very bright bitcoin
I don't even think that there will be a cryptocurrency that will be better than bitcoin. Or at least nothing that I can think of. The other alts are just way too far behind bitcoin and the alts were probably originally created to support bitcoin trading.
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:37:59 PM

Yes, Bitcoin is the leader among cryptocurrency, he has legs to stand on as opposed to others. Most altcoins rightly could be considered a bench. In fact, they do not provide any new features and available options can be easily implemented using the sidechain. Besides altcoins not particularly known.

I think to this day it is true that bitcoin is still the leader of the cryptocurrency, for Bitcoin is much better than the other crypto. But it is possible in the future leaders of the crypto will change in line with technological developments. So it is only temporary, and we don't have to worry because the future remains very bright bitcoin
I don't even think that there will be a cryptocurrency that will be better than bitcoin. Or at least nothing that I can think of. The other alts are just way too far behind bitcoin and the alts were probably originally created to support bitcoin trading.
Monero does have other valuable features that BTC doesn't have. Please don't misunderstand: I am a big fan and user of BTC, but there are use cases for which BTC is not the best coin. Monero:

- came from a completely different codebase

- is untraceable, whereas BTC can be traced since all transactions are public. There are companies whose specialty is tracing BTC transactions. Coinmixers only obscure transactions. As the companies get better at tracing, the coinmixed transaction today that is "99%" untraceable could become easily traceable in the future since everything is in blockchain.

- is 100% fungible. BTC isn't because BTC coins can and have been blacklisted and/or blocked, making them worth less than other equal amounts of BTC. This can't happen in Monero.

- is private. There is a rich list in BTC. A rich list isn't possible with XMR. Any coin with a rich list can't say it's private.

I believe both BTC and XMR have very bright futures.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 09:32:01 PM

You make it sound like its all over. Its been 5 years but this year or next could be the real beginning . Even the market cap its at at the moment is pretty impressive, I dont know any other asset that would have made such big profits in so little time. Im happy with where were at but obviously its early days still.

Exactly its been 5 years, on wards and upwards from here....... Grin
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 10:46:18 PM

The thread starter implies that "something big" should have happened and that "something big" would mean another cryptocurrency replacing Bitcoin. I can't follow this argument.

First Bitcoin is in a constant evolution process, with many improvements added in the last five years. Bitcoin adoption and usage has greatly increased. I think what we've seen so far is more than we could have hoped for.

The reason the various altcoins are not successful is their lack of sufficient developer and user support. Bitcoin had a first mover advantage and has by far attracted the best developer talent. Bitcoin has all features a successful decentralized currency needs. So there is really no need for replacement.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████