Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:58:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This forum is so cluttered with spam, impossible to post constructivly  (Read 824 times)
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:46:58 PM

As the title says. it is becoming impossible to participate in on-topic constructive posts. there are too many signature campaign spammers posting idiotic threads that have no substance in the OP (although some people are able to contribute even with a lousy OP. For me, a useless first post makes it harder to respond to the topic without being accused as spamming yourself.

let me break it down

• Spammer/bot posts nonsense new topics, with a flashy signature ad
  • More useless replies echoing the OP of the thread, hence no discussion
  • when a non-spamming sig campaigner attempts to respond to the topic, they have to effectively come up with their own substance in the post, since by the time they get to the thread there's at least 3 or 4 spammy posts.
  • That contributor's post can easily be deleted since it's a reply to spam. It's difficult to be constructive when replying to spam
Do you see my logic? This seems to be happening more and more with bots posting nonsense and braindead forum posters who are only herer to make a quick buck. I'm sorry to say that this forum is detraining into a haven of spam, and it seems as though not much can be done.

Thoughts?

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:10:25 PM

Thoughts?

You have a nice sig.
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:25:38 PM

That should be irrelavant. I am just pointing out that some people with sigs spam. There are plenty of sig campaigners who don't.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 07:03:09 PM

lol.

there are too many signature campaign spammers posting idiotic threads that have no substance in the OP
Then, why don't you report those "idiotic" threads?

although some people are able to contribute even with a lousy OP.
I don't know why do you even call those people contributing... they are likely an HQ spammer.
I mean, how can someone respond to a lousy OP with a "constructive" post? :O

For me, a useless first post makes it harder to respond to the topic without being accused as spamming yourself.
What is the point in responding to a useless/spam thread in the first place, anyway?

That contributor's post can easily be deleted since it's a reply to spam. It's difficult to be constructive when replying to spam
LOL. That is absurd. What is the point in replying to a spam post anyway?

Do you see my logic?
No.

it seems as though not much can be done.
You could help by reporting instead of whining, though.

Life sucks.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 08:23:31 PM

That should be irrelavant. I am just pointing out that some people with sigs spam.
Takes one to know one.

This type of thread has been made over and over and over again (not to mention several times by you alone) and almost every time people are told to do the same thing. Compile a list of these shit posters and send them to a mod to look at, or report them to the respective signature campaign manager. If they are in YoBit, post them here or send them to hilariousandco, if they are in Betcoin.ag then send them to roslinpl etc. Then again, how could you ever make money from your spam ridden signature campaign if you didn't post several threads about them? Roll Eyes

It's gotten to the point where threads about spam are becoming spam themselves. The solution is the same, either add them to your ignore list or report them and move on with your life. Making threads like this does nothing but clog up the Meta section (the exact same thing that you're complaining these spammers do).
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 09:52:48 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2016, 10:19:12 PM by tommorisonwebdesign

That should be irrelavant. I am just pointing out that some people with sigs spam.
Takes one to know one.

This type of thread has been made over and over and over again (not to mention several times by you alone) and almost every time people are told to do the same thing. Compile a list of these shit posters and send them to a mod to look at, or report them to the respective signature campaign manager. If they are in YoBit, post them here or send them to hilariousandco, if they are in Betcoin.ag then send them to roslinpl etc. Then again, how could you ever make money from your spam ridden signature campaign if you didn't post several threads about them? Roll Eyes

It's gotten to the point where threads about spam are becoming spam themselves. The solution is the same, either add them to your ignore list or report them and move on with your life. Making threads like this does nothing but clog up the Meta section (the exact same thing that you're complaining these spammers do).
very well, I'll stop whining and report sig campaign spam rather than "whine" about it. I'll stop cl;oging up this section and report a spammer when I see one to the moderator. I've already made a few reported. hopefully something gets done.

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6758

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:18:40 PM

I don't remember what OP's posts used to be like, but if they were bad enough to get booted out of Yobit's campaign, then he's obviously stepped up the quality.  Yes, this thread is completely unnecessary and redundant but he obviously has strong feelings about the issue, and he's right about these idiotic threads that get started that are silly and difficult to even comprehend because of the poor-quality writing.  I think I've started maybe 5 topics since I joined up last year.  Don't see the attraction to doing so.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:24:47 PM

"You have reported 52 posts with 100% accuracy" - Yee haw!

I personally believe that this forum is for the sole purpose of helping others with their bitcoin woes. Like the development of a new service/good (Collectibles and decentralized systems, etc. NOT PONZIIIISSS!!!), not just people posting for the sake of posting. (Call me a hypocrite, I may be using a signature, but I mean everything I say. And my sentences are legible :-/)

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 11:29:19 PM

Are we bragging with that number now, are we? (waiting for permission to throw my numbers <3)

Yes, this thread is completely unnecessary and redundant ~snip~
Like probably 50% of the topics created in meta.

Thoughts?
Don't contribute to it and start doing something against it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 07:00:40 AM

Just ignore potentially spammy threads with over 100 replies. They seem to be permanent fixtures.

ps. This is a brexit spam posting. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Aceanyth

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:27:50 AM

Since you are banned of signature A you keep crying.

First you are not a guy with ideals, you spam post while blaming others:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=511703;sa=showPosts;start=820
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=511703;sa=showPosts;start=760
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=511703;sa=showPosts;start=180

Secondly you are a webdesigner. Shouldn't you design instead of using templates:
Cover template for Bootstrap, by @mdo.

http://archive.is/bb9TU
Or are you one of those wannabe's

In a way you are close to the most idiotic person here on bitcointalk or perhaps you need special attention like Lauda in that case I apologize.
You can do it!

P.S Just found out it is Lauda (3 post deleted in board where wannabe cat woman is mod). Very sad behaviour protection your alts.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:57:15 AM

First of all, you have a bit of a reputation of being a spammer yourself, although I have not personally notice your crappy posts (I try to avoid threads that I can tell contain a lot of signature spam), so you are part of the problem, especially considering this.

Secondly, based on the OP, you appear to want to post for few reasons above the fact that posting will increase your post count. Although this kind of rule would be nearly impossible to enforce, you really should not be posting in a thread unless you are genuinely interested in a topic or you can add something to a thread that is useful/helpful to others (if you follow this rule, then you will probably naturally develop a reputation of being a good poster and will probably allow you to get custom signature deals). Based on what you are saying, it looks as if you are trying to force posts into threads when nothing more (useful) can be said. Again it appears that you are contributing to the problem.

Lastly, and probably most importantly, instead of complaining about the problem (that pretty much everyone is very much aware of), I would suggest that you think of a solution that will relieve the problem, and propose such solution. Otherwise, you are creating a thread whose purpose is to well, increase your post count.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:00:46 PM

What is the point in responding to a useless/spam thread in the first place, anyway?

idk. According to you all, you all just did. Grin
cryptohustla

Activity: 126

Look at the brighter Side

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 01:43:08 PM

That should be irrelavant. I am just pointing out that some people with sigs spam. There are plenty of sig campaigners who don't.

this made my day : Cheesy and pls i am not after post count or activity .. no .. not .. im not Tongue

Getline.in - "Bitcoin Loans. From one person to another"
Getline.in Community Manager - My service is for the Filipino people.
thesame12

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:23:59 PM

I personally believe that this forum is for the sole purpose of helping others with their bitcoin woes. Like the development of a new service/good (Collectibles and decentralized systems, etc. NOT PONZIIIISSS!!!), not just people posting for the sake of posting. (Call me a hypocrite, I may be using a signature, but I mean everything I say. And my sentences are legible :-/)
Um, yea isn't this the wrong thread Decoded?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 04:30:39 PM

Already had the OP on ignore, this thread demonstrates why I guess.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: