Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:38:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to me - Terraminer IV  (Read 3229 times)
LeviWalker (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:47:12 AM

Greetings!

I am just getting back in BTC and picked up two Terraminer IV units for $300 each. I really had no intention of starting mining again but the price was right and having Th/s just sounded cool. I managed to get the latest firmware, manuals, etc from the site, despite them taking it offline (thanks Google cache). I have not been able to find much recently on these and what I have found has not been too positive. I would have a different perspective had I purchased at retail when they came out but after seeing these I am impressed. Granted I only have old 60-110Ghs BFL hardware to compare but these seem solid. As soon as I got them I cracked the seals, cleaned them out and started to inventory the components. One was perfect and the other had a core that was not working. I was able to track that pretty easily to a pump that was not running and after a few minutes of highly technical, very sensitive, work with a specialized tool (removed pump and smacked it with the back of a screwdriver) it was once again pumping and all cores running. So I am currently hashing on Slush's pool and getting 3.2-3.6 Th/s between the two after 24 hours straight and overall I am pretty impressed with these units.

Does anyone have any experience or wisdom with these that you would care to share? How about pools? I used Slush's in the past, and I like the new beta site, but the luck has been bad since I joined the pool. Hopefully I don't have a curse on my miners.

TIA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flukeee

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:33:13 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if you could upload the manual somewhere so I could download it? I have a Terraminer IV I would like to have the manual. I am mining at BTC guild ATM, it's ok my luck hasn't been that great either.

Thanks!
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 03:41:26 PM

Greetings!

I am just getting back in BTC and picked up two Terraminer IV units for $300 each. I really had no intention of starting mining again but the price was right and having Th/s just sounded cool. I managed to get the latest firmware, manuals, etc from the site, despite them taking it offline (thanks Google cache). I have not been able to find much recently on these and what I have found has not been too positive. I would have a different perspective had I purchased at retail when they came out but after seeing these I am impressed. Granted I only have old 60-110Ghs BFL hardware to compare but these seem solid. As soon as I got them I cracked the seals, cleaned them out and started to inventory the components. One was perfect and the other had a core that was not working. I was able to track that pretty easily to a pump that was not running and after a few minutes of highly technical, very sensitive, work with a specialized tool (removed pump and smacked it with the back of a screwdriver) it was once again pumping and all cores running. So I am currently hashing on Slush's pool and getting 3.2-3.6 Th/s between the two after 24 hours straight and overall I am pretty impressed with these units.

Does anyone have any experience or wisdom with these that you would care to share? How about pools? I used Slush's in the past, and I like the new beta site, but the luck has been bad since I joined the pool. Hopefully I don't have a curse on my miners.

TIA

The Cointerra units do run well so long as you keep them cooled on the different stepping settings. I had 1 of them and could only hash it around 1.4TH each due to over heating (stepping 5 iirc).
You should check out the cgminer dev's pool: https://kano.is/index.php their thread here is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.0

LeviWalker (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:46:15 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if you could upload the manual somewhere so I could download it? I have a Terraminer IV I would like to have the manual. I am mining at BTC guild ATM, it's ok my luck hasn't been that great either.

Thanks!

You can still grab it from the site with a direct link.

http://cointerra.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/TerraMiner-User-Guide-1.pdf

What firmware version are you running? 7.56 was the last version released, AFAIK. I grabbed everything from the website before they went under so I do have copies of everything. Let me know if you need anything.
LeviWalker (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:21:03 AM

Actually, I also have a 0.7.6 firmware version, which was released 03/24/14 but the latest is 0.7.56 which was released on 09/04/14 and is the last.

I have the following versions:

I also have all of the PDF documentation from their website. The text below is from the firmware download page.

9/24/15:   CoinTerra is aware of the “Shell Shock” exploit in bash implementations lower than version 3.2.52(1)-release however our embedded firmware is not vulnerable because we are not running bash.

09/04/14 Firmware 0.7.56 MD5: 2ACCF7DE2603490128A2A3A8266CEECD

- More robust performance due to changes in USB interface, voltage algorithm, power monitoring, and more

- More accurate temperature sensor calibration

- Avahi/Zeroconf support to easily find Terraminer IP addresses with mobile app

- Diagnostic Report in web UI

- Reset cgminer.conf from web UI

- Heartbleed fix (cgminer 4.3.5 and openssl 1.0.1g)

- Store cgminer logs on MMC so that they are available after system reboot

- Fixed minor bug that caused a corruption of cgminer.conf when removing middle entry from pool list in web UI

03/24/14 Firmware 0.7.6 MD5: B2250250EB6EDFF1E2D85B9C3B4E0974

– The TerraMiner’s MAC address is now displayed in the web Control Panel page footer.

– Added Identify On/Off option to physically locate TerraMiner by flashing CTR1 LED orange.

– Added Restart System option to the Configuration screen to reboot the TerraMiner.

– Fixed potential issue affecting some units which were showing lower-than-nominal performance at the pool.

– Updated CGMiner to version 4.1.0.

– Miscellaneous code fixes.

03/03/14 Firmware 0.6.48 MD5: 186EE9BB38605B279BE20B098C6C7EE5

- Changed bootup DHCP timeout from 9 seconds to 60 seconds to allow for slow auto-negotiation of some network switches.

- Added the ability to disable/enable root user for SSH/FTP security. Default is enabled. Set to disabled if you don’t use SSH/FTP access to the TerraMiner.

- The CTR1 LED illuminates solid red if no Ethernet is found after booting. Reboot the TerraMiner with the Ethernet cable connected to the TerraMiner and your Internet connection.

- Updated CGMiner to version 3.12.3.

- Miscellaneous code fixes.

02/12/14 Firmware 0.6.32 MD5: FA3550B7044AFC7359DF3E455E0B74D5

– Updated CGMiner to version 3.12.0

– Miscellaneous code fixes.

For installation instructions and troubleshooting please see the TerraMiner User Guide
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:09:16 PM

Greetings: one will have the firmware version 0.7.6 thanks

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
samahan

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 05:18:42 AM

Does anyone have the latest Cointerra firmware they would be willing to email me?  I just got a Cointerra miner but it doesn't have any firmware.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 02:05:56 AM

Unless you have FREE power, those things are so inefficient by current standards that ANY price would be "wrong".

I ran on Slush's pool for a while when I was bitcoin mining, didn't have any issues with it and they have a good reputation.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: