Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:02:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Units of Evil"  (Read 902 times)
Sir_lagsalot (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:40:48 AM
Merited by Timelord2067 (1)

Someone recently told me that if you log into bitcointalk through tor or a proxy, you will receive a hundred "units of evil". He told me that you can't use your account unless you remove them. Is this really a thing? Do you really have to pay 0.1 to remove a unit of evil?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2210

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:47:45 AM

Someone recently told me that if you log into bitcointalk through tor or a proxy, you will receive a hundred "units of evil". He told me that you can't use your account unless you remove them. Is this really a thing? Do you really have to pay 0.1 to remove a unit of evil?

Sounds very strange, have you looked in the FAQ's (I wouldn't even know where to look for that) - What would happen if you were using an internet cafe and someone else logged in before you?  Would you get their "Evil"?

Is this a recent thing?

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:54:22 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Sounds very strange, have you looked in the FAQ's (I wouldn't even know where to look for that) - What would happen if you were using an internet cafe and someone else logged in before you?  Would you get their "Evil"?

Is this a recent thing?

it's an old thing, actually. if the IP you're using have units of evil then you'll have to pay too.

yes for most tor exit node that have bunch of units of evil. and 1 unit of evil = 4023 satoshi so a hundred won't even get you 0.1BTC.

btw units of evils only takes effect when you register. if you registered using a clean IP before using tor/proxy/etc then you won't need to pay anything.

here's a link to theymos' post explaining it
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711968.msg8044683#msg8044683
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:00:03 AM

In reply to --Encrypted-- re a post from 27 July 2014, 14:08:57 by theymos

When you register, the IP that you used when you submitted the registration form is used to calculate your evilness. The more frequently this IP or its neighbors were banned, the more evil is associated with your account. The amount of evil associated with an IP decays slowly over time, but the amount of evil associated with an account does not. You must pay or be manually whitelisted to enable posting on one of these "banned" accounts.

Here are some stats:

Evil% new users
0-135
1-104.4
10-200.80
20-502.2
50-1001.3
100+2.9

Currently each unit of evil requires a payment of 4023 satoshi. You only need to pay something if you have 1 or more, though.

Am reading the thread, but what triggers the ban?  (Or, shouldn't I ask in case it is construed as being trying to find a work around?)  Roll Eyes

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 01:12:43 AM

Am reading the thread, but what triggers the ban?  (Or, shouldn't I ask in case it is construed as being trying to find a work around?)  Roll Eyes
I don't believe there is a specific trigger, the ban has to be applied manually by a staff member (if I'm understanding you correctly).

If I understand correctly, the originating IP of an account is what is used to calculate the amount of evil. If the account is banned, this IP then has a unit of evil applied to it (Not quite sure how much, 1 sounds like sensible to me however). If you then try to register* on an IP with a unit of evil >1, then you will have to pay a fee based on the unit of evil associated with that IP. This is why (AFAIK) it is expensive to register on a service such as TOR.

*I believe that this only applies to registering an account, not logging into an account. An account can be made on an IP with an evil unit <1 for free, then logged into from an 'evil' IP without any charge.

It's half true. It's not set that you will get 100 units of evil by logging in through TOR or a Proxy (though it is entirely possible depending on how commonly used the proxy is). Also, as I said earlier, I believe that units of evil are only applied to an account when it is being registered, not when it is logged into.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 06:54:01 AM

So technically if someone hacked into my computer or was routing his malicious bitcointalk spamming or ban-provoking posts through me (maybe I got hacked for whatever reason), as soon as I logged on through my home IP, I'd get an amount of "evil"?

However rare this might be, it's hardly fair.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
zojav

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:15:23 AM

No, only applies when registering.
Aceanyth

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:14:19 AM

Hmm, ok, appearantly this was offtopic:
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Quote from: Sir_lagsalot on June 30, 2016, 12:40:48 AM

So you were making another alt, Getting paid from Bitmixer, CryptoMixer and Sportsbet isn't enough. How many accounts are you aiming for my lady guy friend.

So she she reported  the comment and apparently got some juice with the mods. But guess who's back.
@The mods. Are you a group of children, helping each other for some lunch money.

Ontopic...
The mods here are corrupted

More ontopic
More specific to the retarded mod we removed it lauda?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1206112.0
Sir_lagsalot, Decoded, Funny

Or was she so stupid to remove it because of her own post,.

Fact sir lagsalot got many alots.These are just a few all in signature campaigns.
Bet online
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=504104
Bitmixer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=523317
Sportsbet
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=550371

So I reacted.. but it was not on topic enough...

Even nore on topic.
IF you use a proxy to Register you have to pay a fine. The fine is that your ip address is corrupted.

Edit: http://archive.is/ki9oT
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 03:33:32 AM

Is this still a thing?  Has it been put out to pasture?  If it's still going, how do account farmers manage to create so many UID's without being hit high fees?  (Better still, don't advertise the answer, just in case any of them have learned to read...)

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 04:13:19 AM

Is this still a thing?  Has it been put out to pasture?  If it's still going, how do account farmers manage to create so many UID's without being hit high fees?  (Better still, don't advertise the answer, just in case any of them have learned to read...)

Let's hope that they are too stupid to figure out the work around.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 727

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 05:15:02 AM

As far as I know you can't be able to register a new account when the IP you are using have evil units so once people created accounts there will be no issue.

VPN available easily at all the platforms so they can keep changing to create more accounts and even having multiple accounts is not against the rule right.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1758

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 07:47:33 AM

I have never experienced anything similar, about proxy vs VPN, bad ip,
Maybe, at least you can learn this: proxy vs VPN - One is much higher risk, which should you choose? before you enter through a proxy, Hope this helps you in this matter.

Or you can learn this too:What Are the Dangers of Using Proxy Servers?

Good luck.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 08:14:10 AM

I sometimes use a Tor window in the Brave Browser, and the only disadvantage I have is that I have to complete a Captcha when I log in.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 16316

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 08:54:22 AM
Merited by malevolent (1)

If it's still going, how do account farmers manage to create so many UID's without being hit high fees?
Units of evil are collected when an account gets banned, not when many accounts are created from an IP that isn't evil yet.

I sometimes use a Tor window in the Brave Browser, and the only disadvantage I have is that I have to complete a Captcha when I log in.
Unless the Captcha is coming from Cloudflare, you can use https://bitcointalk.org/captcha_code.php to bypass it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████