Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:56:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I prove I'm Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 2017 times)
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 10:11:32 AM

you need more than sign message,more unique proof,i think its complicated how to satoshi nakamoto proff that he is the original satoshi or bitcoin creator,we already have some fake satoshi,its why original satoshi nakamoto seems not important anymore.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 10:43:27 AM

Its easy actually, you just need to sign a message from the address holding that 1.000.000 bitcoins you are holding supposedly but since you are asking here, I guess you are not Satoshi and Gavin and Craig Wright are also not Satoshi and the latter one just ashamed himself with his latest lie that he was indeed satoshi.

Unless there is no signed message from the address holding 1 mln coins no one will believe anyone claiming he/she is satoshi. A simple proof can make him reveal his identity but since he has not opted to reveal himself so far, I think he will like to stay that way anonymous.

You seriously think Satoshi's coins are all put into a single wallet containing 1,000,000BTC? He was mining and receiving his 50BTC block rewards on different addresses. Which basically means that the majority of his wealth in Bitcoin sits in many many thousands of wallets containing 50BTC each.
The sad thing is that he may not even be able to convert or use his coins. Imagine if tomorrow, one of the genesis addresses spends some coins. It would mean that 1'000'000 coins were injected into the bitcoin ecosystem. The price would crash since much more bitcoins are available (they were considered as lost).

If satoshi spents some money, he might create one of the biggest crisis in the bitcoin ecosystem.

There's no reason bitcoin price could crash unless Satoshi or whoever has the private key dump 1 million bitcoin to exchange.
The real reason price could crash because people is afraid with Satoshi and some people share FUD Roll Eyes

yeah the only reason that can cause bitcoin price to crash is if satoshi moves those coins and not simply moving, selling them which can cause panic.

but important thing is that this crash would only be temporary and price would soon come back from it even if it was big.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 10:57:19 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 07:14:35 PM by cjmoles

Well, if you really wanted to prove you were Satoshi Nakamoto but you didn't have the keys with which to sign a message, then you could just do another build. You would have to create a more scalable system and a more efficient block chain ledger which implements a fractal based data structure. And, of course, you would have to utilize all the information extrapolated from the data collected during the first trial of the bloody experiment to achieve that task.  Duh!
twunkle

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:04:00 AM

The closest I guess would be a video of him/them talking about specific bitcoin details that can be verified to have been made before making it public and can be proven not to be false of course.

But there would still be doubt
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:06:56 AM

The closest I guess would be a video of him/them talking about specific bitcoin details that can be verified to have been made before making it public and can be proven not to be false of course.

But there would still be doubt

i don't think such details exist!

bitcoin is an opensource project so anybody can know every single detail about it and you can even see the history of commits and changes so all the details are known to the public.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
twunkle

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:10:00 AM

Of course but I said the video should be proven to be made before announcing it to the public, e.g. from 2007. And how well, I dont know Cheesy But I think you can get pretty far with video forensics. So stuff visible in the background and so on. Like I said can still be doubted, but could be very convincing depending what is in it.
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:13:52 AM

Not to be rude or anything but like what is always said...

PGP or GTFO

Satoshi may or may not have contacted us since his last proven communication but we won't know until a key proving his identity is provided.

twunkle

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:14:43 AM

a key is not a person
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:17:04 AM

a key is not a person

A key proves ownership

twunkle

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:20:24 AM

ownership can be taken.

Consider: The only way you will know me being me, is when you can see me and point at me (or in other words you would have had to be there, the second when it began until its 1st release), the 2nd best would be an army of witnesses that you trust
(It is just an example, not claiming any weird)
nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:44:32 AM

ownership can be taken.

Consider: The only way you will know me being me, is when you can see me and point at me (or in other words you would have had to be there, the second when it began until its 1st release), the 2nd best would be an army of witnesses that you trust
It is not the only key that requires verification of yourself, I think it will require more valid proof and it will really cost you time if you want to prove that you're satoshi.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:08:59 PM

It's impossible to prove, its too late, too much noise so the keys could have been stolen from satoshi. You could not prove that you aren't a theft that got satoshi's coin under his control. It's impossible to prove that you wrote the bitcoin code yourself. It's over, just buy and hold and enjoy being rich in 2026.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1222

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 12:15:08 PM

ownership can be taken.

It is not the only key that requires verification of yourself, I think it will require more valid proof and it will really cost you time if you want to prove that you're satoshi.

Strong proof is a must so we can really say he is satoshi because anyone can claim that they are satoshi and satoshi's identity is very mysterious maybe it contributed a littles success of bitcoins success, and also many claimants that they say they are satoshi some others proofed that they are not and i really think the real satoshi wont reveal himself he wants to remain anonymous just what like hes coin design its anonymous.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:00:08 PM

We do not need any owner for bitcoin we all are the owners of bitcoin so no one need to prove that he is the Satoshi, and if someone want to be Satoshi and want to prove it then they will have to at least one bitcoin to every person of the world. Now can you proof?
LiberOptions

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:04:31 PM

To prove that you are Satoshi you need to control the old addresses that are supposed to belong to him. As sson as you sign a transaction from one of these addresses you autometically prove that you are him.
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 01:11:27 PM

It's very hard to prove even for real Satoshi Nakamoto, cause people just don't believe to words, need to prove it by different actions.

nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:12:57 PM

We do not need any owner for bitcoin we all are the owners of bitcoin so no one need to prove that he is the Satoshi, and if someone want to be Satoshi and want to prove it then they will have to at least one bitcoin to every person of the world. Now can you proof?

We're not proving any owner here, we're just trying to identify the creator of bitcoin which will not happen because it might affect bitcoin confidentiality and safetiness.
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:25:08 PM

lol seven countries police are searching for Satoshi Nakamoto. and you says that you are the wanted person. he is in hit list of the seven countries police. let me tell them that here is a person who claim that he is Satoshi Nakamoto. i think then you will feel no need to prove your self that you are Satoshi Nakamoto. (just for fun)
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1497

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 03:45:39 PM

This thread got me thinking: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1530663.0

If I were Satoshi and I somehow misplaced my credentials (e.g. privkey to the first live bitcoin address, pgp key, etc.) and I wanted to claim the "satoshi" account on the forum, how do I prove that I'm Satoshi?

The forum account claim was only an example. As a general question, how do I prove I'm Satoshi if I lost/misplaced my credentials? For example: I could have burned them a few years ago over fears that I might be apprehended/for plausible deniability.

I have some simple questions...why do you want to prove yourself as satoshi nakamoto?? What would you gain from it??

DO you want to be detained for the rest of your life? DO you want all the regulatory authorities after you seeking your ass?? Dude, stop chasing Satoshi Nakamoto and live a happy life. Bitcoin is a path braking innovation so enjoy bitcoin without proving yourself as Satoshi Nakamoto.

Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 03:59:01 PM

This thread got me thinking: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1530663.0

If I were Satoshi and I somehow misplaced my credentials (e.g. privkey to the first live bitcoin address, pgp key, etc.) and I wanted to claim the "satoshi" account on the forum, how do I prove that I'm Satoshi?

The forum account claim was only an example. As a general question, how do I prove I'm Satoshi if I lost/misplaced my credentials? For example: I could have burned them a few years ago over fears that I might be apprehended/for plausible deniability.

I have some simple questions...why do you want to prove yourself as satoshi nakamoto?? What would you gain from it??

DO you want to be detained for the rest of your life? DO you want all the regulatory authorities after you seeking your ass?? Dude, stop chasing Satoshi Nakamoto and live a happy life. Bitcoin is a path braking innovation so enjoy bitcoin without proving yourself as Satoshi Nakamoto.
excatly,good question. and i think is people claim that he was satoshi and want to declare to all people,its just put his self on danger,people will get access to you to stole or doing anything to get your bitcoin,all people will thought that you are have so much bitcoin. not wise.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: