Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:01:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex bot program for lending section [#### new Release 1.6 version ####]  (Read 7322 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 09:01:13 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2017, 03:49:46 PM by cesmak

Hello to all the community.

I want to present a program that i made, to automate the managing of poloniex coins lending, P.A.L.M. Poloniex Automated Lending Manager.
Who am i : I'm an old school cobol coder, and cryptocoins fan.
By some months, i'm playing on poloniex exchange with some currencies, on the lending section of the site.
But as my managed currencies has grown a bit (now i loan five currencies), the time to follow the return of the lending orders, and its managing, had a huge increase, auto renew function on poloniex is also so simple and is not the best choice, to use the site in an unmanned way.
So i decided to try to write a bot to automate all the investing processes.
I choose python scripting, as it was a long time that i want to learn that programming language. It's also a wide known language, with a big community, and with a lot of documentation and tutorials available on-line. I've started with the Python 3.4 release a few months ago.

ACTUAL RELEASE 1.6

PREVIOUS RELEASE 1.5

ScreenshotS 1.6 release

link to screenshot if image above not visible : https://i.imgur.com/qZpNYrx.png

link to screenshot if image above not visible : https://i.imgur.com/wiccWAQ.png

The program, at the moment, is an executable for Windows only, and don't need other softwares to be installed to run.

WHAT'S NEW IN RELEASE 1.6

This is a minor upgrade.

• Added button to save settings without exiting the program, before, setting were memorized only when "EXIT" button pressed
  • Added The ability to limit the amount to put in an order for every currency

WHAT'S NEW IN RELEASE 1.5

• New improved page for settings to make better decision on new loan insertion
  • Added more info on window page of active loans, with average rate, total invested, net interests and APR%
  • Bug fixes

WHAT'S NEW IN RELEASE 1.4

• Added a new section on the window of the program with buttons to open lists for your active order for every currency you use, and for the order book
  • Improved algo for the choice of the better rate to put new orders on book
  • Finally Yes ! we got a user guide, you can find all, better explained in a ten page pdf manual (link to download above)

The program is free, also if donations are welcome Smiley at : 16Cj6GBLpe67oiS3bCbP2ZuwSapWts7yTB (BTC only at the moment)

Future plans for developing in my mind :

- A daily report (probably in csv format) with the total balance of the day for every currency
- New views to see lists for your active orders
- Another entry field for every currency to put a value for an eventually amount to keep uninvested from the total balance, if, passing the time you need to accumulate some funds to be withdrawn
- A more sophisticated way to find the best rate for new orders, considering last "x" rates on order book and the amount in every rate to find better rate opportunity to place a new loan request
- Better customization of the currency to permit a wider choice of coins, not with three fixed coins as now
- User selectable for the minimum rate lower percent
- Minimize to system tray request
- Linux version

All the above are not in the priority order, but only as they comes to my mind.... priority suggestions are welcome.

If someone find an undiscovered bugs or want to make suggestions and advice, please post here in the tread, it will be greatly appreciated.

IMPORTANT FOR USERS UPGRADING FROM RELEASE 1.5
Users who are running the previous version (1.5) of the program, can copy from the previous version folder (polobot_1.5) the ini file in the new folder, delete the polo_bot16.ini originally shipped in .zip file, rename the polo_bot15.ini in polo_bot16.ini, enter in the program, compile values on the new six fields "Max. ord. amount" (For example 0.0) save settings, with the new button and then start using the program.

All program infos and "what's new", are on the user manual in pdf, you can download and read it.

Cheers
Cesmak

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 09:05:21 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2017, 01:07:32 PM by cesmak

Known bugs

• Fixed Sometimes the thread that checks the balances stops, i'm monitoring it to try to find what is causing it, probably a timeout in responses from the site...
  • At the moment is not possible to set a range days x-y in "loan duration" field, give an error when checking to find the first returning loan, only single number allowed
  • Sometimes UI displays a negative balance, it affects only the displayed data, not the correct managing of lending orders (Still investigating...)
  • UI display problem, on the box "1st loan return" date, not correctly calculated the numbers of days of the loan, take last loan, but don't check the duration

Possible problems

A user reported problem connecting to poloniex site if using a VPN to surf the web, so if you experience that the program don't update data on screen, and use VPN, that, can be the issue.

JUST DISCOVERED.....
I just found that the minimum amount that poloniex sets for loans is not equal to all currencies, for example Clams has a min. ord. amount to 1 clam, (BTC is set to 0.001), i will check all the minimum order amount for every coin in lending section, and put a new set of controls in the next release to avoid invalid orders from the program, at the moment every user need to use the setting to manual adapt for every coin the minimum....

Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:35:16 AM

Cool program man, thanks for your hard work.
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:33:51 PM

Cool program man, thanks for your hard work.

Thank you ! Is a "working process" but seems (for a 1.0 release) in good shape... do you wan't to try it ? If yes send me a PM here and i will give you a link to download....

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 06:28:04 PM

Nice! Does it spit out the lending rates in a .csv file for charting, etc?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:41:19 PM

Nice! Does it spit out the lending rates in a .csv file for charting, etc?

It's something that i can think about, if you will give me some more in depth analysis of what you want i can see to implement in an updated release, is only the beta 1.0 now working, so i'm open to new ideas and functions, please tell me more of what you will .....

Thanks.

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:15:29 AM

Thread blocking issue patch, is under testing.....

Probably tomorrow i will release an updated program.

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:33:37 AM

I've uploaded on google drive a new version of the program, beta tester should download it.

Backup your polo_bot.ini before unzipping the new version, as in the zip folder there is also a base copy of it.

hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:42:49 PM

Hello to all the community.

I want to present a small program that i made, to automate the managing of poloniex coins lending.

Who am i : I'm an old school cobol coder, and cryptocoins fan.

By some months, i'm playing on poloniex exchange with some currencies, on the lending section of the site.

But as my managed currencies has grown a bit (now i manage BTC, ETH and FCT), the time to follow the return of the lending orders, and its managing, had a huge increase, auto renew function on poloniex is also so simple and is not the best choice.

So i decided to try to write a bot to automate all the investing processes.

I choose python scripting, as it was a long time that i want to learn that programming language.

It's also a wide known language, with a big community, and with a lot of documentation and tutorials available on-line.

I've started with the 3.4 release a few months ago.

Now i reached a first beta bot program that is running by some weeks on my computer, without issues.

At the moment i wrote code only for the three currencies mentioned above (BTC, ETH and FCT), as looking on poloniex site, i saw that this three currencies, have good movements and interest rates, all the other altcoins are very low both in interests rates than in volume movements.

The program is also ready (if poloniex enable it) to the new LISK currency.

If someone interested in beta testing of this bot, and to help me (with suggestions) to improve it, a group of ten people are welcome.

I made an executable that don't need anything installed on the computer, to run, at the moment for windows only.

What you need to do, is to create an Api Key, with trading and withdrawals disabled, as the program don't need that functions, and as a protection, to you account, (my program is safe) but we don't know each other, so is the right choice not to give to a program made by someone else, the capability to withdraw funds.

You only need to edit the polo_bot.ini file (in the folder of the program) to add Api Key and Secret, to start using it.

Here is a screenshot of the program.

I will briefly explain all the parts in which is made, and how they will function :

the program has 4 independent threads that watches and follow a group of task, to reach the goal of managing the loans.

The first thread, enabled by the check button "Ck.balance" as the name suggests, it's a thread that keep updated the info part of the program, updating the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th columns, with the total amount of coins in loans, eventually free balance not invested in loans, the 1st rate in the "loan offers" order book, The total interest in active loans gained till now, and the column (for every currency) when will be returned the first (in time order) loan.

The second thread, enabled by the check button "Enab. orders" activate the function that put loan request on order book, it watches the "Free balance" column, and when the total free amount of coins is major of the "Min.ord. amount" (5th column of entry fields where you can customize the threshold to start sending a new order to book, (remember that poloniex put a minimum order limit of 0.001 coin to put a live order, at the moment i don't have a check procedure in input fields to verify this) it will read again what is the lowest offered rate and put a new order for the free balance at "rate - 0.0001%" with auto renew enabled.

The third thread, enabled by the check button "Ck. opens" watches your orders that are stil open, and if they remains in that state form more than a defined time (customizable by the entry field "Min.ts stop open o." it cancels the ordfer to permit at the previous thread to reissue an order at a new % rate (I use 10 minutes to abort an open order).

The fourth thread, enabled by the check button "Ck. auto" watches all you active loans, and for the loans with the auto renew active, checks the actual minimum offered rate of the order book, and if the rate of you loan is plus or minus the market rate added or subtracted by the % (customizable by the entry field "Delta +/-% auto 0|1" it toggles to off the auto renew.

This is done, as i have noticed that often, in the first minutes your loan is picked, happens that the loan is closed quite immediately, so i enabled the auto renew, because, if the rates on order book are still near the same, there are good opportunity that the loan request is picked up again, passing the time, often happens that the rates changes a lot, so keeping the auto renew active, will put your loan, in order book, in a position that is difficult to be picked up in a small time frame.

So if the price swing more than a percent, that you can customize, the auto renew will be disabled, permitting to the thread, that put orders on the book, to reissue a new loan order with a rate competitive in the rank of the book.

Also the loan duration is customizable with the "Loans duration" input field.

I put also a field to set the time zone adjustment to calculate the real date and time when the first loan returns, for every currency, as poloniex stores on your active orders only the UTC time, in the future i will automate the code to find your time zone and set this variable automatically, but hadn't time now in this first release.

In my first stability test, i came to a conclusion, not to go down the 10 seconds polling time for every thread, as there can be site or program delays, so it's better not to force the program to work with polling intervals of only a few seconds, also i think that there is no necessity, as the loan market don't move so quick as the trading market.

If interested in my program, please send me a pm here on the forum, i will send you a google drive link to download the .zip file with the program, ready to work (only need to edit ini to insert api key infos).

The program is free, also if donations are welcome Smiley at : 16Cj6GBLpe67oiS3bCbP2ZuwSapWts7yTB (BTC only at the moment)

Future plans for developing in my mind :

- A daily report (probably in csv format) with the total balance of the day for every currency
- Another entry field for every currency to put a value for an eventually amount to keep uninvested from the total balance, if, passing the time you need to accumulate some funds to be withdrawn
- A more sophisticated way to find the best rate for new orders, considering last "x" rates on order book and the amount in every rate to find better rate opportunity to place a new loan request
- Better customization of the currency to permit a wider choice of coins, not with three fixed coins as now

All the above are not in the priority order, but only as they comes to my mind.... priority suggestions are welcome.

As i stated before, the program is the first release for a python newbie programmer, also if i have more than 20 years of experience in developing business programs and suites. So could have some undiscovered bugs and also better possible improvements, suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciates.

If the program will reach a minimum interest, after a brief beta running with some other persons, i will setup a permanent and public site page, also with a minimum of pdf manual.

Installing instructions :

- Unzip the folder of the program in your pc
- edit the polo_bot.ini file to put api infos
- run polo_bot01.exe

Cheers
Cesmak

A second screenshot with the bot fully active (with real data) in my 24/7 pc used also for staking wallets. It's a win10 pc, so the graphics looks different.

Jesus christ man!
I'm an atheist but i have to say that you just did goddamn good job!
I will use it surely,i trade at poloniex a lot and it is insane comfortable to have something like this,thanks!
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:55:07 PM

@hermanhs09

I sended you a pm with link to download..... Smiley

lightyard12

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 05:10:57 AM

Can you(or a buyer) get a virus scan of the program? We wouldn't want to be sent a keylogger(or other virus) now would we?

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 12:39:41 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2016, 08:33:31 AM by cesmak

Can you(or a buyer) get a virus scan of the program? We wouldn't want to be sent a keylogger(or other virus) now would we?

Your request is legit, so i decided to make the link public, so you (and whatelse persons want) can download and check my program with an antivirus, to verify that all is fine.

I've added in the first post. , at the end of it, the link.

Edit for 1.1 release changes in first post layout

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:01:21 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2016, 09:15:18 AM by cesmak

Release 1.1 is growing, window mask ready for the new version, with six fully customizable currencies to be managed...

here a screenshot of what will be.

At the moment i think to configure six currencies, and see what will be the performances of the threads that has to manage all the tasks.

Estimated time to complete the 1.1 release, between one to two weeks.

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:14:55 AM

i don't believe in myself Smiley i've completed the changes to parameterize the six currency in new release 1.1

Here is a working screenshot :

A couple of days of testing by myself, and i will release to the public.

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:30:07 AM

Release 1.1 available to download. Changes made on the first post of the thread to explain the new version.

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:21:06 AM

Release 1.2 available to download, updated the first post for link.

What's new in this release :

Added input column "Reserved amount" where you can put an amount that will be not invested in new loans to permit the exclusion of part of the capital, to transfer to other part of the site to trade or withdraw

When you put an amount in this column for a currency when some balance is freed, until you reach that amount, the part you specify here is not invested again.

Cheers
Cesmak

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:59:15 AM

Working on Release 1.3, new features, added.

Now under test for some time, if all fine, soon i will make it public.

A new possiblity to choose the way for, how a new order rate is calculated, some new parametrizations, minor bug fixes, but i will be more clear when i will make the release public.

I don't know why now images of the screenshots are not visible, and why there is the message of invalid image in the posts...... i'm trying to resolve the problem....

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 04:39:39 PM

Finally the release 1.3 is on-line, you can see all the new features explained on the upgraded first post.

Vinny1987

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 12:01:54 AM

dude cesmak you're the man!!
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:42:16 AM