Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:28:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] First-Day BFL ASIC Preorder #1769 Little-SC  (Read 1994 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:03:04 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2013, 08:30:00 PM by the joint

Hello,

I would like to sell my pre-order (#1769) for a BFL Little-SC.  This order was placed within ~2 hours of BFL announcing that ASICs were available for pre-order on June 24, 2012.  For serious inquiries, I have screen-cap proof of both the original order for 3 Jalapenos as well as the upgrade to a Little-SC.

Upon receipt of the machine, it will be shipped via overnight express to you the next business day (or Saturday, if possible).

Price:  125 110 BTC shipped.  I will consider all serious offers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:09:26 AM

I'll get the bidding going:

20 Bitcoins
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:13:25 AM

I'll get the bidding going:

20 Bitcoins

Thank you for your offer Smiley
abbeytim

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:32:26 AM

correct me if im wrong  but im a I thought the little singles weren't announced till later
origonaly it was 4.5 gh/s jalepeno $149  60gh/s single sc  $1299 and the 1500gh/s mini rig sc $29899

or was this day the first day they had the little sc that you ordered ??
abbeytim

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:37:53 AM

also they don't allow you to upgrade from the 800mh/s fpga to the $649.99 little sc

only to the $1299 sc
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 02:09:59 AM

correct me if im wrong  but im a I thought the little singles weren't announced till later
origonaly it was 4.5 gh/s jalepeno $149  60gh/s single sc  $1299 and the 1500gh/s mini rig sc $29899

I ordered 3 Jalapenos on June 24, 2012.

You are correct that the little singles weren't announced until later.  However, those who had already placed Jalapeno pre-orders were allowed to upgrade their order to the Little-SC.  I had to pay extra for this upgrade, and BFL promised that anyone who upgraded their purchase would retain their original spot in line.

So, to clarify, the order you will receive (and the place in line) is one from the first few hours on the very first day of all BFL ASIC pre-orders.  I believe the first order number was something in the low-mid 1600's, so my order is among the first 150 or so ever placed.  It's also likely that not all of these "orders" were paid for, so my true place in line may be even closer to the beginning.  Regardless, your place in the shipping line should easily be within the top 1% of all BFL orders placed to date.
abbeytim

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 05:33:49 AM

k thankyou for clarifying
iammagicmike

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 06:15:50 PM

You are correct that the little singles weren't announced until later.  However, those who had already placed Jalapeno pre-orders were allowed to upgrade their order to the Little-SC.  I had to pay extra for this upgrade, and BFL promised that anyone who upgraded their purchase would retain their original spot in line.

So, to clarify, the order you will receive (and the place in line) is one from the first few hours on the very first day of all BFL ASIC pre-orders.  I believe the first order number was something in the low-mid 1600's, so my order is among the first 150 or so ever placed.  It's also likely that not all of these "orders" were paid for, so my true place in line may be even closer to the beginning.  Regardless, your place in the shipping line should easily be within the top 1% of all BFL orders placed to date.

1. Have these started shipping yet?  The last time I checked BFL still had not given a shipping date (at least nothing more than an optimistic estimate)
2. You are selling the 60gh/s single sc for 125 BTC?
3. From BFL's faq website (see below) it appears that BFL plans on shipping 1/3 to upgrades, 1/3 to new orders, and 1/3 random selection.  So is there still a chance that if BFL ships at the end of march you may not receive the unit? 

I only ask because I understand the value of your price, you could optimistically hope to mine 125 BTC in as little as 3-4 months.  So if there was some sort of a guarantee that your preorder was going to be shipped in the first batch, then I would absolutely consider the purchase.  In the event that BFL delays shipping, yet again, or that your preorder was unlucky enough to be neglected in the first batch are you offering any sort of discounted fee?  or is this a take-it-or-leave-it deal?

Because of the potential for massive disruption that our ASIC units may cause to the mining ecosystem, we are instituting a 1/3 shipping method for our first shipment of products to individuals. So that no single person or handful of people are able to gain a material advantage over any other, we will ship all our available units at the same time to as many customers as we can. This means we will likely delay shipping on our first units until we have accumulated enough stock to satisfy a significant portion of our initial orders. This ensures that as many people as possible who are early adopters are equally and fairly treated when receiving our product. To that end we will be shipping our first orders as such: 1/3 of each product line (Jalapeno, Single SC and Minirig SC) will be shipping to new orders, 1/3 to upgrade orders and the final 1/3 will be shipped to a random selection of orders from the first two categories (both upgrade and new customers) received in the first month of orders (From 23 June 2012 to 22 July 2012).

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 06:35:16 PM

1. Have these started shipping yet?  The last time I checked BFL still had not given a shipping date (at least nothing more than an optimistic estimate)
2. You are selling the 60gh/s single sc for 125 BTC?
3. From BFL's faq website (see below) it appears that BFL plans on shipping 1/3 to upgrades, 1/3 to new orders, and 1/3 random selection.  So is there still a chance that if BFL ships at the end of march you may not receive the unit? 

I only ask because I understand the value of your price, you could optimistically hope to mine 125 BTC in as little as 3-4 months.  So if there was some sort of a guarantee that your preorder was going to be shipped in the first batch, then I would absolutely consider the purchase.  In the event that BFL delays shipping, yet again, or that your preorder was unlucky enough to be neglected in the first batch are you offering any sort of discounted fee?  or is this a take-it-or-leave-it deal?

Because of the potential for massive disruption that our ASIC units may cause to the mining ecosystem, we are instituting a 1/3 shipping method for our first shipment of products to individuals. So that no single person or handful of people are able to gain a material advantage over any other, we will ship all our available units at the same time to as many customers as we can. This means we will likely delay shipping on our first units until we have accumulated enough stock to satisfy a significant portion of our initial orders. This ensures that as many people as possible who are early adopters are equally and fairly treated when receiving our product. To that end we will be shipping our first orders as such: 1/3 of each product line (Jalapeno, Single SC and Minirig SC) will be shipping to new orders, 1/3 to upgrade orders and the final 1/3 will be shipped to a random selection of orders from the first two categories (both upgrade and new customers) received in the first month of orders (From 23 June 2012 to 22 July 2012).

1.)  BFL has not shipped the products yet, however they have posted pictures of completed chips and boards and they state the chips are working fine. 

2.)  I am selling the pre-order for the Little-SC which is 30 gh/s.

3.)  As you can see here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0  the first known order number according to this thread is #1656 while my order number is #1769.  Order numbers occurring around July 22 include up to at least order #3758.  This alone places me in the top 5% of orders placed in just the first month of orders.  If BFL plans to ship 1/3 of the units to "new" orders, then I would think my order should easily make the cut (though this is up to BFL, of course).

4.)  This is a take it or leave it deal.  I live in IL, so not only should I be among the first to receive my order due to my low order number, but I should also be among the first to receive the product in transit.  Shipping from Kansas City to IL usually takes a day or two, and if I wanted, I could even pick up the device in person.  However, this is a "take it or leave it deal" because there are simply too many unknown variables that could change between now and a few weeks from now which could alter my sale decision.  I am actually quite reluctant to let my pre-order go considering I've waited so long, and also because I believe that the premium its resale carries will remain high even after 2-3 months of mining with it.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:06:17 AM

Bump
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 04:29:21 AM

Read throught the thread and it appears that the "buy it now" price is 125 BTC but the highest bid so far is 20 BTC.  If my understanding is correct then I bid 21 BTC.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:33:11 AM

This thread makes me sad.. in a good way. Sad because you decided you had enough and broke your Stockholm Syndrome with BFL. Tragic.. Tragic. Knowing when to cut your losses is a good medicine to have.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:36:58 AM

Read throught the thread and it appears that the "buy it now" price is 125 BTC but the highest bid so far is 20 BTC.  If my understanding is correct then I bid 21 BTC.

It's not an auction, but I will consider serious offers.  Thanks for your offer.  I've had one semi-interested contact at my declared asking price, so that may give you some indication about what I think of the offers posted so far on this thread.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 04:42:35 AM

It's not an auction, but I will consider serious offers.  Thanks for your offer.  I've had one semi-interested contact at my declared asking price, so that may give you some indication about what I think of the offers posted so far on this thread.
Understood.  If you get 125 BTC for it then that would be fantastic.  My (obviously low ball) offer is on the table.  Carry on.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:38:30 PM

Bump.

So far, best contact offers have been:

1)  One semi-interested buyer at 125 BTC.

2)  One official offer of 40 BTC up front plus 50% of all Bitcoins mined during first 3 months of operation.  This offer appeals to me, though I didn't feel that the mined coins could be escrowed safely and I don't really want to keep track of the payments over that period of time.
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 08:01:41 PM

Bump...If only I had the money to buy this.  Cry

I'd be asking 150 if this were mine...screw that, I'd keep it and just generate bitcoins till I had to reflow the board, then I'd reflow it and generate more forever.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:37:26 AM

Jrock

Activity: 363

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:00:35 AM

What happens if BFL is a well played scam?

I don't like buying other people's risk   Grin

the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:12:26 PM

Bump.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:30:18 PM

Price Update!
bomboclat77

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:03:08 AM

PM'd

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 09:57:25 PM

I'll bid 50 BTC

five-fold premium seems reasonable.
bomboclat77

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:04:02 AM

I'll bid 50 BTC

Agreed. I believe the price is a bit absurd.

the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:06:32 AM

I'll bid 50 BTC

PMed counter-offer.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058