Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:54:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lifetime's supply of free range eggs. – FOR ONLY 10 MILLION SATOSHI.  (Read 1934 times)
Ghris

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:03:12 PM

Apart from this 1 sucessful trade, I haven't had much interest in the eggs. The point of the lifetime supply (150 eggs in 25 cartons of 6 supplied each month for a ONE OFF FEE of 0.1BTC) is for you to share them with your friends and family or maybe even at work. Perhaps they would like their own lifetime supply. Either way THIS is the only trade where I've actually traded eggs for BTC.

Please answer this: How is this economically feasible for you? And to not have any misunderstanding: I pay you 0.1 BTC ONE TIME, and you ship 150 eggs PER month, each month, for a very very long time?

If your response is positive, I would like to order 5 times the life time supply. Because I don't live in the UK, I would like it to be shipped to a refugee center (tbd which one, not sure which one is struggling with food). 750 eggs per month is good for 1 egg a day for 25 refugees, I guess that helps out a bit. I am not totally gullible though, so I would ask the refugee center if they receive them every month to check if our agreement is still fulfilled.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:22:36 AM

Apart from this 1 sucessful trade, I haven't had much interest in the eggs. The point of the lifetime supply (150 eggs in 25 cartons of 6 supplied each month for a ONE OFF FEE of 0.1BTC) is for you to share them with your friends and family or maybe even at work. Perhaps they would like their own lifetime supply. Either way THIS is the only trade where I've actually traded eggs for BTC.

Please answer this: How is this economically feasible for you? And to not have any misunderstanding: I pay you 0.1 BTC ONE TIME, and you ship 150 eggs PER month, each month, for a very very long time?

If your response is positive, I would like to order 5 times the life time supply. Because I don't live in the UK, I would like it to be shipped to a refugee center (tbd which one, not sure which one is struggling with food). 750 eggs per month is good for 1 egg a day for 25 refugees, I guess that helps out a bit. I am not totally gullible though, so I would ask the refugee center if they receive them every month to check if our agreement is still fulfilled.

I'm willing to donate 0.05BTC towards this Ghris if Creation can arrange it. I'm sure others would be willing to donate a small amount if this can be done.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
Ghris

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:34:58 AM

I'm willing to donate 0.05BTC towards this Ghris if Creation can arrange it. I'm sure others would be willing to donate a small amount if this can be done.

Awesome! The more the better Smiley Let's hope we get a response from Creation.
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:14:34 PM

Yep. I'm in the UK, so would make it relatively easy for me to follow up on his agreement to ship to a certain place.

Ghris

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:31:37 PM

Yep. I'm in the UK, so would make it relatively easy for me to follow up on his agreement to ship to a certain place.

Oh nice! It's good to have a local able to verify.
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:39:50 PM

Oh nice! It's good to have a local able to verify.

Agreed. I don't believe he would try to scam when we're trying to donate to charity, but stranger things have happened with money involved.
Balls in your court Creation!

BitcoinAccepted
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:31:55 PM

OK I'm a little unclear here

I pay you 0.1 now, once only and never make another payment to you?

You ship me 150 eggs in say a weeks time to my home UK address?

You then ship me 150 more eggs within 30 odd days of the first batch?

You then continue to ship me 150 eggs forever, every single month until I die?

I ship a lot of stuff UK to UK online and 25 egg cartons is at least a medium parcel with Royal Mail - standard 1st class medium parcel is £5.50 (0.01BTC currently) / £6.40 with tracking / signature required.

If you ship untracked then after 10 months your 0.1BTC has been spent on shipping. I'm mid thirties so assuming I've got another 40 years left (I hope) then you still need to cover shipping for 482 months at a cost of £5.50 a month.

At the end of our arrangement when I die you'll have spent £2,640 on postage costs assuming they never increase the price. Is your business model based on an assumed BTC price of £26,400 per coin by 2056?

If yes then I'm in - If no then I might be in anyway but 150 eggs a month is a shitload of eggs man - what am I gonna do start lifting weights and making omlettes? I love eggs but I'm pushed to get through 6 a week.

How much for a dozen  Grin

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:51:07 PM

OK I'm a little unclear here

You then ship me 150 more eggs within 30 odd days of the first batch?

You then continue to ship me 150 eggs forever, every single month until I die?

I ship a lot of stuff UK to UK online and 25 egg cartons is at least a medium parcel with Royal Mail - standard 1st class medium parcel is £5.50 (0.01BTC currently) / £6.40 with tracking / signature required.

If you ship untracked then after 10 months your 0.1BTC has been spent on shipping. I'm mid thirties so assuming I've got another 40 years left (I hope) then you still need to cover shipping for 482 months at a cost of £5.50 a month.

At the end of our arrangement when I die you'll have spent £2,640 on postage costs assuming they never increase the price. Is your business model based on an assumed BTC price of £26,400 per coin by 2056?

If yes then I'm in - If no then I might be in anyway but 150 eggs a month is a shitload of eggs man - what am I gonna do start lifting weights and making omlettes? I love eggs but I'm pushed to get through 6 a week.

How much for a dozen  Cheesy

Gotta say I laughed like a lunatic when I read the bolded part Grin

Grin You should definitely use eggscro if you're wanting the lifetime guarantee, you don't want to get short changed. Just time lock it to be sent to his address in several decades, hopefully by then you'll have grown feathers and wish to never see an egg again, and he'll get 0.1BTC which according to his excellent business model will make him rich  Grin

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16541

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 02:41:41 PM

There's no way this is profitable for the egg-supplier, so either it's a scam, a business losing a lot of money giving away eggs, or at best a pyramid scheme:

It makes me curious what's behind this.

The eggs may be fresh when you get them, but after keeping them for a month, they're about 3 weeks older than the average box of eggs in my fridge.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Ghris

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 03:20:04 PM

There's no way this is profitable for the egg-supplier, so either it's a scam, a business losing a lot of money giving away eggs, or at best a pyramid scheme:

It makes me curious what's behind this.

The eggs may be fresh when you get them, but after keeping them for a month, they're about 3 weeks older than the average box of eggs in my fridge.

Meh, eggs can keep a pretty long time. In the US they tend to keep a little bit shorter due to the protective layer being washed off. In most other countries we sell eggs not washed, and they can keep 1-3 months.
Creation (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:43:50 AM

It isn't economically feasible at all if I was to ship eggs and not expect anything but a one off fee. These 25 cartons of 6 eggs are a way of free advertising for me because I'd like to think your first thought would be let me share some of these because I can't possibly eat them all. This promotion is running for only a short while where as it has long term benefits so any losses made would be worth it over the long run especially where there is BTC involved. As to your order for the refugee centre, I can't include them in this lifetime supply although I would love to. This is a business promotion after all. But I am willing to send the same amount for 0.08BTC but that would be the cost of every order.
Ghris

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:31:58 AM

It isn't economically feasible at all if I was to ship eggs and not expect anything but a one off fee. These 25 cartons of 6 eggs are a way of free advertising for me because I'd like to think your first thought would be let me share some of these because I can't possibly eat them all. This promotion is running for only a short while where as it has long term benefits so any losses made would be worth it over the long run especially where there is BTC involved. As to your order for the refugee centre, I can't include them in this lifetime supply although I would love to. This is a business promotion after all. But I am willing to send the same amount for 0.08BTC but that would be the cost of every order.

Ah that makes some more sense. A lifetime is a long time though. I won't take the 0.08 deal per order, it's still a neat deal, but won't help as much as I would like it to.
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:33:26 AM

Ah that makes some more sense. A lifetime is a long time though. I won't take the 0.08 deal per order, it's still a neat deal, but won't help as much as I would like it to.

Thanks for your response Creation, at least you're honest! Smiley

Ah well Ghris, we tried!

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:40:01 PM

So I could put my address down as a refugee center? I am sure they will all share the eggs there and even speak to their friends and family about it. I doubt they will have the resources to purchase them. but ay
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:50:46 AM

What do you mean by lifetime. Till yours or till the person who placed order is there? And you will do same business till end?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:48:49 PM

I know a few leisure chicken owners. if there's one thing you can count on after hanging out with them, it's that you're gonna leave with a suitcase full of eggs. chickens keep on laying no matter what.

i think that howtobasic guy is a chicken farmer who couldn't take them piling up no more.
Ghris

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:58:51 AM

I know a few leisure chicken owners. if there's one thing you can count on after hanging out with them, it's that you're gonna leave with a suitcase full of eggs. chickens keep on laying no matter what.

i think that howtobasic guy is a chicken farmer who couldn't take them piling up no more.

Yea but its like almost every day one egg for 1, maybe 2 years. So you gotta have lots of chickens to fill orders like these
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:51:25 AM

What do you mean by lifetime. Till yours or till the person who placed order is there? And you will do same business till end?

OP - If you get time from supplying eggs to your lifetime customers do let us other know on this as well.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: