Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:12:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alipay to Bitcoin?  (Read 2100 times)
lythinca (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:16:07 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently moved back home after living in China, and I have some money in a Chinese Alipay account. I can't transfer this into paypal or anything.

Do any of you know how I can send money from alipay to bitcoin?

Google says that a organization called "Bitconia" did it before, but apparently there was a theft and I can't find anything about the company anymore.

Thanks
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:12:45 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2013, 11:14:28 PM by Stephen Gornick

a organization called "Bitconia" did it before

Bitcoinica did use AliPay as a method for funding accounts but then AliPay (or whatever intermediary Bitcoinica was using) told them to stop.  Then Bitcoinica folded after a security breach.

Does AliPay let you send a payment person-to-person?  If so, then maybe you can find someone willing to sell you bitcons in exchange for your AliPay funds.  

BTC China at one time [Edit: never] took AliPay, but I don't speak the language so can't tell from their site if they still do:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BTC_China
 - http://www.btcchina.com

Other methods I've seen are three-way transactions.  An example is where you pay for the purchase in China using your AliPay and the item is delivered to the buyer who pays bitcoins to you.  Using an escrow for this lessens the risk, assuming the shipping and delivery information from the vendor can be trusted.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

macbook-air

Activity: 324
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 06:54:07 PM

a organization called "Bitconia" did it before

Bitcoinica did use AliPay as a method for funding accounts but then AliPay (or whatever intermediary Bitcoinica was using) told them to stop.  Then Bitcoinica folded after a security breach.

Does AliPay let you send a payment person-to-person?  If so, then maybe you can find someone willing to sell you bitcons in exchange for your AliPay funds.  

BTC China at one time took AliPay, but I don't speak the language so can't tell from their site if they still do:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BTC_China
 - http://www.btcchina.com

Other methods I've seen are three-way transactions.  An example is where you pay for the purchase in China using your AliPay and the item is delivered to the buyer who pays bitcoins to you.  Using an escrow for this lessens the risk, assuming the shipping and delivery information from the vendor can be trusted.

Alipay did not tell Bitcoinica to stop. It was the Bitcoinica's Alipay partner worried for the legal risk and told them to stop. BTCChina does accept Alipay from day one. And BTCChina does also have an English interface, so you do not have to speak "the language".

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 11:16:02 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2013, 08:36:50 PM by Stephen Gornick

BTCChina does accept Alipay from day one.

The wiki article could use an update then.   [Edit: Nope, it only mentions AliPay as a cash-out method.  Is that correct, AliPay is one of the way you can withdraw?]

And BTCChina does also have an English interface, so you do not have to speak "the language".

Ha, I'm lost then trying to use it then.  Are you saying I can register and navigate the site and the text and prompts are all in English?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

macbook-air

Activity: 324
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 06:31:48 PM

BTCChina does accept Alipay from day one.

The wiki article could use an update then.   [Edit: Nope, it only mentions AliPay as a cash-out method.  Is that correct, AliPay is one of the way you can withdraw?]

You should verify the fact from the website itself, instead of believing a poorly-written outdated wiki page.

And BTCChina does also have an English interface, so you do not have to speak "the language".

Ha, I'm lost then trying to use it then.  Are you saying I can register and navigate the site and the text and prompts are all in English?

No, you can't. Wise people won't stop by the language barrier. Like I didn't know a single word of Russian, but I got my train ticket at rzd.ru anyway when I was travelling in Russia. I don't know why you cannot do the same thing.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:15:26 PM

I don't know why you cannot do the same thing.

The wiki is open to all to edit.  I volunteer many hours of my time every month to do what I can to keep it current.

I don't know why you cannot do event a fraction of the same thing.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █