Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:45:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst mistake in gambling  (Read 42577 times)
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:20:07 AM

My worst mistake in gambling came when I was playing poker, I had a bad hand, but I was in the button position so I raised to try to steal the blinds but I got called, then instead of admitting defeat and fold my hand I keep betting and even raising the bet until I was all in, when it was the time of the showdown everyone in the table was surprise that I did not had anything and I lost.

Thats a very unfortunate mistake because that mistake cost you money. I made quite similar mistake as well but at least I didnt lose alot. Sometimes we made this kind of mistake because we are agitated when we play so it is better to calm ourselves so that we wont make any silly mistake like this

Sometimes happen in gambling, Not only you all gamblers did this kind of mistake in their gambling life. This is very hard to control we only think how to get back our loss. We will not think to save remaining money. If you have the capacity to control when you are in deep tension, then you can handle this situation. I too did this kind of mistakes many times but not too worst like you. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:16:00 AM

What are some the more idiotic and stupid mistakes that you know you shouldn't have made but did anyway. Yes this includes other none gambling stuff like sending btc to the wrong address. I'm interested to find out the stupid things other people do.  Roll Eyes
The worst mistake I think I've ever made was, When I started to played in the gambling site. Because, there many amusement or recreation that I could do but I chose to do gamble in the gambling site even I know most of the time I losses money in the end. So I think that the wrong thing. Which means, even it is just for fun and happiness it is still be called as waste of money and time.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:22:27 AM

My worst mistake in gambling came when I was playing poker, I had a bad hand, but I was in the button position so I raised to try to steal the blinds but I got called, then instead of admitting defeat and fold my hand I keep betting and even raising the bet until I was all in, when it was the time of the showdown everyone in the table was surprise that I did not had anything and I lost.

Thats a very unfortunate mistake because that mistake cost you money. I made quite similar mistake as well but at least I didnt lose alot. Sometimes we made this kind of mistake because we are agitated when we play so it is better to calm ourselves so that we wont make any silly mistake like this

Sometimes happen in gambling, Not only you all gamblers did this kind of mistake in their gambling life. This is very hard to control we only think how to get back our loss. We will not think to save remaining money. If you have the capacity to control when you are in deep tension, then you can handle this situation. I too did this kind of mistakes many times but not too worst like you. 
With gambling the risk is high, but the same can be overcome if the user has the ability to control emotions. Need to start gambling with small amount and when more knowledge is acquired the same can be increased. This will give the gambler more probabilities of winning.

RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:14:48 AM

The worst mistake in gambling is when you have enough profit, but you want even more and continue to play, but in the end it leads to a loss of all money and disappointment.

This is common in every gambler their greed towards money is high because they are not contented on their winnings. They continue playing even they know the risk of losing is very big. We or they should be happy with the winnings no matter how big or small is that. This can be prevented if we know when to stop and have a good self control on not betting again after gaining some wins.
That one isn't the worst i guess , imagine when you are rich already but become poor because of gambling.
I believe everyone here have seen something like that , and guess if it was bad and terrible enough?
I think it was , that kind situation for me considered as the worst mistake
Hipster999

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:34:35 AM

The worst mistake in gambling is when you already get enough profit, but you want even more and under the influence of emotions you can not stop yourself, which naturally leads to loss.

Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:59:04 AM

The worst mistake I did when gambling was when I won on a certain dice site and it made me profit more than twice the amount I bet the amount with, what I did was I bet all the money including the profits I gained all in and lost all of them at once. I was in shock and even rub my eyes to see if I lost it all or not, that was plainly stupid of me to do that. Regretted it up until now and still could not believe why I did it.

Wow! That was pretty immature, mind sharing the figures you lost? I have seen people trying to recover money and losing their bankroll but opposite happened here. YOLO? Or just immature move?

That is the beauty of gambling. It will tempt people to do all kinds of crazy things to earn more and more money. But at the end, the result will be losses. So we should consider all these things are learnings and shouldn't repeat the same mistake again and again. Also, don't ever try to recover your losses from gambling because it may lead to even more losses.

Also shows the worst of humanity, of what we have become and what we should have been. We are filled with greed, our society has somewhat made us like this, We can't have enough money that's how our brains work these days, Even if you win 1 million in gambling, The greed will kick in and make you gamble more to get more returns. Just kind of disheartens me a bit. 
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:49:41 AM

The worst mistake in gambling is when you already get enough profit, but you want even more and under the influence of emotions you can not stop yourself, which naturally leads to loss.

Thats a bad decision but you can do worse. I think you can bounce back from this mistake and unless you make gambling a vital part of your life, you will have an easier time to recover. If gambling though affects your attitide towards your family and you let it dictate what you'll do, then sometimes that is an irrepairable mistake. Its bad enough to make mistakes by yourself, its even worse if you drag other people along.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:06:24 PM

Thats a very unfortunate mistake because that mistake cost you money. I made quite similar mistake as well but atleast I didnt lose alot. Sometimes we made this kind of mistake because we are agitated when we play so it is better to calm ourselves so that we wont make any silly mistake like this
Even if it was a mistake, at least my opponents realized something, I can bluff to the end, some of my adversaries despite my defeat told me that they admired my balls to make the bet despite not having anything in my hand, after that I adjusted my play against those that saw me bluffing since they were calling me more often thinking that I was bluffing, so I was able to somehow take advantage of my mistake.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:57:27 PM

What are some the more idiotic and stupid mistakes that you know you shouldn't have made but did anyway. Yes this includes other none gambling stuff like sending btc to the wrong address. I'm interested to find out the stupid things other people do.  Roll Eyes
The worst mistake I think I've ever made was, When I started to played in the gambling site. Because, there many amusement or recreation that I could do but I chose to do gamble in the gambling site even I know most of the time I losses money in the end. So I think that the wrong thing. Which means, even it is just for fun and happiness it is still be called as waste of money and time.

Not exactly what you mean worst mate, that happened to you to make you learn how money is valuable to us. That time you play gambling is your first bets, so you feel very eager to win without self control and resulted of wasting money, and happened that you lose your betting amounts. It doesn’t change the fact that we may lose in gambling but if you don’t take it so serious you can still play gambling but for fun purposes and not really into profit sources.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:15:31 AM

My worst mistake in gambling came when I was playing poker, I had a bad hand, but I was in the button position so I raised to try to steal the blinds but I got called, then instead of admitting defeat and fold my hand I keep betting and even raising the bet until I was all in, when it was the time of the showdown everyone in the table was surprised that I did not had anything and I lost.

That is not the worst mistake that you've done, I guess, it was you tried gambling, even you don't have to, because of the lust to money, to win easy money, that is why you've enter the world of gambling and took the risk, but what happened was the opposite of what you thought, everything was all a lie, the false hope and the desire of ourselves to make big money on gambling is just for those lucky people on it, but sadly, you are not one of them, that is why you have lost, and lost your money instead of earning some.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:28:03 PM

My worst mistake in gambling came when I was playing poker, I had a bad hand, but I was in the button position so I raised to try to steal the blinds but I got called, then instead of admitting defeat and fold my hand I keep betting and even raising the bet until I was all in, when it was the time of the showdown everyone in the table was surprised that I did not had anything and I lost.

That is not the worst mistake that you've done, I guess, it was you tried gambling, even you don't have to, because of the lust to money, to win easy money, that is why you've enter the world of gambling and took the risk, but what happened was the opposite of what you thought, everything was all a lie, the false hope and the desire of ourselves to make big money on gambling is just for those lucky people on it, but sadly, you are not one of them, that is why you have lost, and lost your money instead of earning some.
Aghast! You have lost your precious amount in gambling just due to a little mistake of not considering the fact that you have an unlucky day. Your consistent tries and re tries is a proof of the fact that you had a great lust and greed for money and you were gambling only to earn capital and not for the sake of habitual needs. This is important that you must stop practicing such habits in future otherwise it would cause you to lose all of your belongings.
chris200x9
Legendary

Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:48:55 AM

What are some the more idiotic and stupid mistakes that you know you shouldn't have made but did anyway. Yes this includes other none gambling stuff like sending btc to the wrong address. I'm interested to find out the stupid things other people do.  Roll Eyes

Not exactly what you mean worst mate, that happened to you to make you learn how money is valuable to us. That time you play gambling is your first bets, so you feel very eager to win without self control and resulted of wasting money, and happened that you lose your betting amounts. It doesn’t change the fact that we may lose in gambling but if you don’t take it so serious you can still play gambling but for fun purposes and not really into profit sources.

Yes every bad experience is not worsted you should find what mistake you made in that decision. In your matter, you learned how the money is important in your life and how greedy you are to get free money. If you enjoy the game and have the capacity to afford that loss than what you spend money on gambling it is not waste it is worth. with that money you feel better and had fun. But if you can't afford that loss and still you try to play more gambling then it is your worst situation.
bhadz

Activity: 2408
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 09:55:39 AM

I hate this feeling and this is happening most of the time to me. I was confidently that I can recover the potential profit that I already made but because of my malicious emotion that I can win some more if I'll going to move forward and keep on going but this decision makes me me feel bad all the time.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:56:38 AM

I hate this feeling and this is happening most of the time to me. I was confidently that I can recover the potential profit that I already made but because of my malicious emotion that I can win some more if I'll going to move forward and keep on going but this decision makes me me feel bad all the time.
That's us being human and being emotional, we cannot eliminate that in ourselves but we can control it.
Prior to actual gambling we have to ensure we have that game plan to follow because without it, it's just like we are gambling without a purpose.
When talking about achievement of profit, it's a serious decision, therefore we should be clever to that and never let your emotion get into your system.

Sale_man

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:02:33 PM

I think that the worst mistake in gambling is getting greedy. It's a dangerous trap wich usually leads to addiction or loosing lots of money.

Flyyyy

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:01:18 PM

The worst thing in gambling is when I lost some money, but I'm still trying to recoup and continue to play with the feeling that just about now I'm so close to a big win Cry

wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:10:24 PM

The worst thing in gambling is when I lost some money, but I'm still trying to recoup and continue to play with the feeling that just about now I'm so close to a big win Cry
i think that is very normal to lose money in gambling, but if you have lost a lot of money that you feel difficult to afford then you made a mistake, i think these people are making mistake who are not playing gambling with limit and they lose money that they cannot afford. for me i made such kind of mistakes for so many times.
geegaw

Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:44:28 PM

What are some the more idiotic and stupid mistakes that you know you shouldn't have made but did anyway. Yes this includes other none gambling stuff like sending btc to the wrong address. I'm interested to find out the stupid things other people do.  Roll Eyes

Yes every bad experience is not worsted you should find what mistake you made in that decision. In your matter, you learned how the money is important in your life and how greedy you are to get free money. If you enjoy the game and have the capacity to afford that loss than what you spend money on gambling it is not waste it is worth. with that money you feel better and had fun. But if you can't afford that loss and still you try to play more gambling then it is your worst situation.
I think our worst mistake in gambling is that we always think we're lucky, sounds funny but it's true. Sometimes we win, we always think today is a lucky day, stop is a waste of opportunity to make money, continue to play still is better and the end result is we lose all. This is a regular thing happens, we have a lot of experience on this but we still can not control

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:34:59 PM

i think that is very normal to lose money in gambling, but if you have lost a lot of money that you feel difficult to afford then you made a mistake, i think these people are making mistake who are not playing gambling with limit and they lose money that they cannot afford. for me i made such kind of mistakes for so many times.
yeah lost money and looking for recover it faster as soon as possible due you'll never accept that you have lost. you would always expect to win as in your head before you play you have got lured with the huge winning potential. that is the biggest mistake indeed , as instead you have recovered your losses it's become worse everytime. an addiction would always there to make you become a poor guy when you have no control.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:28:06 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 03:02:08 AM by Paid Piper

I think that the worst mistake in gambling is getting greedy. It's a dangerous trap wich usually leads to addiction or loosing lots of money.
yes that is right to say that the worst mistake in gambling is to become greedy which can cause a big lost to us. i think we need to make a limit for ourselves and then follow it, because if we are not following it then there is no use of to set a limit, i think through this way we ca protect ourselves from a big lost.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: