Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockChain.info Wallet 'Desktop Sync' stuck at 'Getting Balances...'  (Read 1182 times)
viper1092 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:46:56 PM

I'm fairly confident I'm doing every thing correctly. Essentially I am trying to sync my BlockChain.info Wallet to my local Bitcoin-Qt app.

I created a bitcoin.conf file with:
server=1
rpcuser=[user]
rpcpassword=[password]
rpcport=8332
rpcssl=0

(These are per BlockChain.info's instructions)

With that being completed, I go back to BlockChain.info and go to Desktop Sync feature. I then install the plugin for browser (on Safari) and it get to step 2! This is great so far, I am then asked for user/pass for RPC to Bitcoind.

I provide name and pass and it's accepted! I tested this by provided intentionally incorrect credentials to verify that it was even connecting properly. So, improper creds show 'user/pass wrong' while correct creds take me to the next page. Good

On the next page, I try to sync and BlockChain.info just reports 'Getting balances...' an that's that. For the fun of it I opened the JS console and it reports that 'balances' is not defined.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any tips?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: