Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:40:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-03-15 Goldmoney Podcast: Bitcoin: Just Another Fad?  (Read 827 times)
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 11:48:26 PM

Episode 106: GoldMoney’s Dominic Frisby talks to John Kay, one of Britain’s most respected economists.

They begin with a philosophical discussion surrounding Mr Kay´s most recent book that espouses the concept of “obliquity”. Obliquity is the idea of meeting a goal through indirect, rather than direct means.

In the latter half, Dominic tackles the economic issues of the day. Mr Kay, whom is currently a visiting Professor at the London School of Economics, espouses his views on bank regulation, whether central banks actually set interest rates, and the bailouts of 2008.

John questions whether government printing of currency is a problem, is dismissive of gold backing a currency, while finding Bitcoin faddish. Full of thought provoking ideas, the final discussion surrounding the financial system as an evolutionary system should give all listeners plenty of food for thought.

This podcast was recorded on 14 March 2013.

http://www.goldmoney.com/podcast/bitcoin-just-another-fad.html

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:27:53 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2013, 02:25:03 AM by hazek

...while finding Bitcoin faddish...

This video really pissed me off today. I started watching it when it turned up in my subscriptions because of the title and once I got like 3-4 min in and saw that they were talking about all kinds or random stuff except Bitcoin I started reading the descriptions and when I got to the above quoted part I just closed it in disgust.

I really don't need another technophobic old fart telling me why he doesn't understand the digital world.  Roll Eyes

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:31:29 AM

I really don't need another technophobic old fart telling me why he doesn't understand the digital world.  Roll Eyes

This.
Even if he might be doing a good academic job, at some point he should maybe get out and realize there's a revolution in the process.

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: