Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:01:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are bitfury miners for sale yet?  (Read 1165 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:29:04 PM

I was looking at the website and they appear to still be looking for people to sell their hardware and containers.
My question is if the sales of this hardware on the market has started.
If not, we have to wonder why it hasn't as they have no reason to not release te miners to the public?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:42:00 PM

To my knowledge they aren't. I know they have built substantial mines for themselves, but nothing yet for the public. I tried contacting them about purchasing their containerized data center and couldn't even get a call back.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:00:37 PM

Sales to public start shortly or Soon™  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:07:18 PM

But they've been saying that for (what feels like at least) 6 months!

It seems that they dont' want to sell them to the public. It also seems that after Bitmain released their 16nm chips with great efficiency, Bitfury are waiting to improve theirs!
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:30:08 PM

Sales to public start shortly or Soon™  Cheesy
Bitfury's 16nm chips will come out when Half-life 3 comes out... yep. Either they've given up but haven't announced it, or they're "researching" a new chip. Or it's so damn efficient that they decided to keep it to themselves. Bitfury's probably going to start running out of investors- even before this, Bitmain's been ripping away at them. We've been overly enthusiastic about Bitfury being the one company to take on Bitmain, and they're the next Spondoolies-Tech.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:38:37 PM

But they've been saying that for (what feels like at least) 6 months!

It seems that they dont' want to sell them to the public. It also seems that after Bitmain released their 16nm chips with great efficiency, Bitfury are waiting to improve theirs!

Uh...that was sarcasm dude  Cheesy

No one is getting any chips unless they made em themselves  Sad

In other words,chip makers get the chips,we get nothing,cept maybe to buy an overpriced miner from them  Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:43:59 PM

Bitfury's 16nm chips will come out when Half-life 3 comes out... yep. Either they've given up but haven't announced it, or they're "researching" a new chip. Or it's so damn efficient that they decided to keep it to themselves. Bitfury's probably going to start running out of investors- even before this, Bitmain's been ripping away at them. We've been overly enthusiastic about Bitfury being the one company to take on Bitmain, and they're the next Spondoolies-Tech.

I think they are keeping them for themselves, using their  immersion cooling technology. Located somewhere in the state of Georgia. I wonder if they give tours, I'd fly out just to see it.
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:18:47 AM

I think they are keeping them for themselves, using their  immersion cooling technology. Located somewhere in the state of Georgia. I wonder if they give tours, I'd fly out just to see it.

You'd probably need to invest $1m before you can go! (and this isn't a joke)!
I don't think they have great "immersion cooling technology" and Bitmain inbuild their cooling systems into their miners!
I don't think that they have completely given up either, they aren't a cloud mining company that doesn't have enough technology to cope and continuemining and earn a lot of money from it!
kellendil

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:47:36 PM

i will go to georgia. which miner should i buy?
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:01:32 PM

I don't think they have released the names.
Meaning, your question should be: which miner should I steal?
Unless you want to do a bulk buy of spending several million dollars, I don't think they will sell them to you yet (or let you into their HQ)!
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:56:44 AM

Bitfury's 16nm chips will come out when Half-life 3 comes out...

That was good for at least a small smile if not an outright chuckle.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
kellendil

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 02:16:20 AM

Unless you want to do a bulk buy of spending several million dollars, I don't think they will sell them to you yet (or let you into their HQ)!

Maybe i can get it. i have a few connections there but not bitfury guys.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:58:55 AM

Maybe i can get it. i have a few connections there but not bitfury guys.

The ONLY way to get anything from punin is to throw MILLIONS at him.Otherwise you are a worthless muggle to him & Bitfury  Sad

Just get a few vid cards & start looking at coins they can mine,less headache & you will make more btc by converting than mining it directly  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: