Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:11:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can i check if everything is working?  (Read 755 times)
Bourja (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:11:25 AM

Greetings fellow lads Smiley

I´m newbie to all this BTC farming and talking on forums but i wan´t to give it a try.!

Here is my question:

I created an account at bitcoin.cz and installed cgminer on a win7 laptop.
cgminer has been running for 1 day now and it says once or twitch an hour "stratum from pool 0 detected new block"
But when i go to the website "bitcoin.cz" and check my workers nothing changed and everything is still in zero.
Should i just keep cgminer running some more time or what did i properly do wrong?

Hope someone out there can help me out here.?

Best regards and happy farming Smiley

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:43:48 AM

What are you minig with?
Whats the system your pool pays you?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Tonka Branded Truck

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:18:59 AM

Stop mining btc with your laptop you will get nothing with it. You need asics to mine bitcoin. You better mine ripple go to computingforgood.org. After you have ripple xrp you can exchange it with bitcoin.

Peter882

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:37:23 AM

Welcome.

1. Please stop mining btc with CPU/GPU, it is pretty much meaningless.
2. It is pretty easy to overheat your laptop with mining.

durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:04:14 PM

stop mining bitcoin and try to find a coin thats relativly new and of value that you  can mine with your computer and make sure you keep switching coins to make sure your mining the most profitable one for your cpu

nthunder

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:49:37 PM

Welcome Bourja, Bitcoin uses SHA-256 (a cryptographic hash functions) and in the beginning it was profitable to mine using your computer's CPU and GPU. With time mining difficulty increased and specialized mining boards came out called ASICs (application-specific integrated circuit) designed specifically to solve SHA256 hashes and do nothing else. Since ASICs are much much faster compared to GPUs, mining bitcoins without specialized software has become a bit "obsolete" (although possible).

It is very likely that everything is OK with your system but it would just take a very very very long time to mine a BTC block on a standard computer (using just your CPU/GPU).

There are of course alternative cryptocurrencies that are based on scrypt rather than SHA256 which are more 'GPU friendly' if you will. The most popular scrypt coin is probably Litecoin. You could mine Litecoin with a good GPU using a Litecoin dedicated pool. Another option would be mine at a multipool. A multipool is a pool that has multiple currencies. Some payout in bitcoins like Easypool.me.

Happy mining!
keithcpaulk

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:43:02 PM

Stop mining any coins with laptop.
It will burn your laptop.
Mining bitcoin is very hard now. It is better you purchase the bitcoins.
ldh37

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:20:27 PM

Here is my question:

I created an account at bitcoin.cz and installed cgminer on a win7 laptop.
cgminer has been running for 1 day now and it says once or twitch an hour "stratum from pool 0 detected new block"
But when i go to the website "bitcoin.cz" and check my workers nothing changed and everything is still in zero.
Should i just keep cgminer running some more time or what did i properly do wrong?
  • "stratum from pool 0 detected new block" means a block was found on the network, not necessarily on your pool.  Slush's pool (bitcoin.cz) has only found 3 blocks in the past 26+ hours.
  • you need to see if cgminer shows that you are actually submitting shares

Slush's pool is the worst one you could use with a CPU/GPU because it uses his own score based payout system.  This means that shares you submit decline in value over time so if you are mining really slow (and you are) or you stop mining during a round then your shares can/will go to zero value.  You need to mine on a pool that uses PPS or PPLNS so that you actually get paid for the few shares you are submitting.  here is a link to compare pools - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

Donations Welcome - BTC: 1JUyXPSLgCtmp65LBJjN5MTFRQjWPhxExM
COINBASE - Buy/Sell BTC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: