Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:25:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Need Help] How do you know which coin is the most profitable?  (Read 1203 times)
rezours (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:51:20 PM

Hi all , thanks for reading my question.

i recently got very interested about mining and start reading forum/article to prepare my own rig.

i currently have a GTX 1080 & Radeon R9 290 , can anyone share how do you "Scan" which coin to mine will be the most profitable?
the only thing i came across that somewhat answers my question is nicehash benchmark system.

There are also many "profitability" calculator online....but it is not like you know what is your hash rate beforehand to calculate them (unless u try them 1 by 1)..

so yeah , i will be grateful if anyone can answer my doubt

Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:06:19 PM

whattomine.com
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:19:45 PM

currently most profitable are FTC, Mona, VTC and ETH, then you have some times Spreadcoin and you have a secret one called SIA, but this one has a huge variance if you don't have a proper farm, because there are no pool

at present SIA is the most profitable at least 50% higher than ethereum and other
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:49:06 PM

currently most profitable are FTC, Mona, VTC and ETH, then you have some times Spreadcoin and you have a secret one called SIA, but this one has a huge variance if you don't have a proper farm, because there are no pool

at present SIA is the most profitable at least 50% higher than ethereum and other

Siacoin? Have you actually moved from mining ethereum to mining siacoins with your GPU's? Pretty much interested in trying it, gonna try it today for sure.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 02:09:03 PM

Siacoin? Have you actually moved from mining ethereum to mining siacoins with your GPU's? Pretty much interested in trying it, gonna try it today for sure.

you need many rig, so no i didn't, with 1 rig, average per block is 8 days, which is crazy enough for me to give up
jpucela14

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:05:42 PM

whattomine.com
thats it, also coinwarz

Charloz24

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:11:00 PM

you need many rig, so no i didn't, with 1 rig, average per block is 8 days, which is crazy enough for me to give up

So you base your argument on what then when you say it's 50% more profitable than ETH?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:21:01 PM

So you base your argument on what then when you say it's 50% more profitable than ETH?

just look at the specs, price and network hash/your hash, you will be able to do an easy math

i'll save you time and i say to you that it is one block every 8 days with one rig of six 970, one block is 240k coin at 100(115 actually) satoshi each, this is 0.24 btc in 8 days, which is 0.03 a day

no other coin can earn you that with a single rig....
acaciosc

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 04:39:50 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2016, 04:56:21 PM by acaciosc

just look at the specs, price and network hash/your hash, you will be able to do an easy math

i'll save you time and i say to you that it is one block every 8 days with one rig of six 970, one block is 240k coin at 100(115 actually) satoshi each, this is 0.24 btc in 8 days, which is 0.03 a day

You mean solo mining only, right? What about pool mining? I'm dual mining with -dcri 70, which makes 15.x MHs for Ethereum and 532.x MHs for Siacoin with my HIS R9 280x. Am I better setting -dcri 45 with only one R9 280x? You said earlier that there are no pools for Siacoin, but I know at least one: Nanopool, which is the one I'm mining to.  

EDIT: My graphics card is getting too hot (~88 °C, auto fan @53%) in dual mode. What is the recommended -dcri value in my case? With -dcri 100 I'm getting 12.3 MHs/607.6 MHs. Mining only Ethereum I get 18.5 MHs.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 05:23:34 PM

You mean solo mining only, right? What about pool mining? I'm dual mining with -dcri 70, which makes 15.x MHs for Ethereum and 532.x MHs for Siacoin with my HIS R9 280x. Am I better setting -dcri 45 with only one R9 280x? You said earlier that there are no pools for Siacoin, but I know at least one: Nanopool, which is the one I'm mining to.  

EDIT: My graphics card is getting too hot (~88 °C, auto fan @53%) in dual mode. What is the recommended -dcri value in my case? With -dcri 100 I'm getting 12.3 MHs/607.6 MHs. Mining only Ethereum I get 18.5 MHs.

the pool was added recently, when i posted there was none or i was not aware of any pool at that time

yes sia is more profitable than any other, should be around 500k satoshi per gpu, 970 or 280, i don't know if your 280 can do 1giga
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 05:55:57 PM

Yea and the miners are dumping huge amounts of hash on sia, after a diff adjustment or 2 it will be no better then the other coins at present.  Still its the best to mine short term.
acaciosc

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 07:38:21 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2016, 03:34:35 AM by acaciosc

the pool was added recently, when i posted there was none or i was not aware of any pool at that time

yes sia is more profitable than any other, should be around 500k satoshi per gpu, 970 or 280, i don't know if your 280 can do 1giga

So I guess I am better solo mining sia by now?

EDIT: You are correct, Nanopool didn't has released Siacoin pool mining until 3 days ago AFAIK. I'm now trying gominer 1.0.0, downloaded from Nanopool. Getting ~847 MHs.

For those interested in mining Siacoin through Nanopool: American servers are giving errors (well, at least for me, located in South America). With eu1 server it's working smoothly.

EDIT (2): Siacoin pools don't seem to be so stable at this moment, so I really am not sure if it's worth preferring to mine Siacoin instead of Ethereum. Gominer was showing numerous duplicate/rejected shares for some odd reason.
Sindren

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

Love me tender

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 09:00:33 PM

I'm running 2x280x a 1x290x (ubuntu 14.04 fglrx) at sia.nanopool and have 3.0-3.1Ghs. Is it ok?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 06:43:23 AM

EDIT: You are correct, Nanopool didn't has released Siacoin pool mining until 3 days ago AFAIK. I'm now trying gominer 1.0.0, downloaded from Nanopool. Getting ~847 MHs.

For those interested in mining Siacoin through Nanopool: American servers are giving errors (well, at least for me, located in South America). With eu1 server it's working smoothly.

EDIT (2): Siacoin pools don't seem to be so stable at this moment, so I really am not sure if it's worth preferring to mine Siacoin instead of Ethereum. Gominer was showing numerous duplicate/rejected shares for some odd reason.

you can try other pool now http://siamining.com./help, it may be more stable and payout more steady
acaciosc

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 01:01:01 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2016, 01:39:22 PM by acaciosc

you can try other pool now http://siamining.com./help, it may be more stable and payout more steady

Yeah, I will wait for the minimum payout required, which is 5k Sia (quite high, I'd say), and try this mining pool.

EDIT: I was getting damn too much errors with Nanopool, so I lost my patience and started mining @Siamining. Much better.
navydude

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 01:13:14 PM

Whats best setup for claymore on this pool http://siamining.com/ ? Currently using nano but would like to try another.

acaciosc

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 01:03:02 AM

Whats best setup for claymore on this pool http://siamining.com/ ? Currently using nano but would like to try another.

My start.bat is

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool pool.alpereum.ch:4001 -ewal 0x920479b1b7583E71A195495bDbBdbc18850B76C7.rig1 -epsw x -dpool http://siamining.com:9980/miner/header?address=47d7c72fbcd2e27bd5f16f288616c7c7fdff69db298e468e19f8edca1889f456af93a7e66c61 -dcoin sia

I got few errors with Claymore as well (Siacoin's share were rejected a couple of times). I don't know "the best" config, though. I'm just sharing my config file because you are a newbie like me, so it may be useful.  Wink
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 02:15:49 AM

There are many coins which can be profitable..but there is no exat predictions in the coin..it depends on their volume and number of buyers and sellers..through searching you can find out which coin is very new..so you will have the chance to increase price of that coin definitely and  the miners are dumping huge amounts of hash different coins, many coins are there to mine for short terms.. but keep watching which coin is news..and do mining ...Happy MinningBTC
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 11:22:05 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2016, 02:04:21 AM by mirny

I tell you, how do you know, which coin is most profitable.
Do your own research!!!
That's it.
If you start to begging, a and asking on forums, and someone will tell you, what is most profitable,
you can make sure, in a day, or two, it's not profitable anymore.
By this way I'm saying hello to you, megaphone guys Smiley
You know who you are.
That's my 2c.
Cheesy

This is my signature...
Charloz24

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 02:01:11 AM

I tell you, how do you know, which coin is most profitable.
Do your ow research!!!
That's it.
If you start to begging, a and asking on forums, and someone will tell you, what is most profitable,
you can make sure, in a day, or two, it's not profitable anymore.
By this way I'm saying hello to you, megaphone guys Smiley
You know who you are.
That's my 2c.
Cheesy

Indeed, and I discovered by searching too what's profitable now.

Eth was an exception, was profitable for month even ifit's not a secret.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: