Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:45:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had suddenly 500 BTC  (Read 6364 times)
AngelDash

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:16:56 PM

selling them all one by one because mass selling will only make prices falling and will make the money which will get by exchanging getting lost

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:17:46 PM

If you didn't want to be asked about how do you have this amount, you will need to avoid banks, the only solution would be spend the bitcoins or save them, but not converting to fiat money.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:19:42 PM

If you didn't want to be asked about how do you have this amount, you will need to avoid banks, the only solution would be spend the bitcoins or save them, but not converting to fiat money.

You can also convert it to fiat money, avoid bank transfers, find a trader who can pay you in hard cash, as no one will be aware if you are transacting in cash.
shinscarlet

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:21:41 PM

you will lost point of having bitcoin because if you don't or can't exchange it to fiat,it mean you have nothing,people having bitcoin because it have value to fiat
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:23:18 PM

How would you transfer the btc to your bank account without making the Banks / OECD /  ask questions?

And even if you get cash from localbitcoins someday the efforoties may ask you from where this car or how you bought this house..
What would you do ?

I'm not sure that i would exchange all my bitcoins if i had 500 of them,there is not reason to do since i can already buy a lot of things using btc.i would exchange only a small amount of them in cash using in person method and i would avoid buying things like cars,houses etc.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:12:42 AM

How would you transfer the btc to your bank account without making the banks / OCED ask questions?

Hiring 250 people and then send they the money to you but it will still be noticeable if this happens at the same time with the same amount of withdrawal to the banks. Maybe buying something else withdrawing time by time not all in once etc.

This is not smart at all. too many people work with you, easy to track you down.

Well I don't know what is the source of these bitcoins but if it is legal then i wouldn't worry to much. Maybe up to 3k per person should not make your bank ask what you are doing or anything else. You can sell them for cash locally in your city or country and not being noticed. Also you can buy hardware things and then resell them.

of course it is. isnt it weired that to many people transfer you money and your not business ? what you give them in turn ?
in case of investigation the first thing to do is to investigate those people.

Nothing is free, and when you are dealing with lots of people then you should award them at least for their job what are they doing for you. Cashing out 500BTC is a not a small deal, I think you simply you cant without being noticed, you can try by going on bitcoin ATMs in different countries but still you have to pay for some fees that these ATMs have, you can't probably get exactly 500BTC but less because of the fees/award etc.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:19:01 AM

If i have 500btc suddenly i will buy house and fancy car, and in order to make less suspicion, i would exchange my coin little by little and then maybe i will borrow my friends and my family account to exchange the coin after that i will open 1 account abroad and put my coin in that account
coinzat

Activity: 434

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:22:39 AM

caching them would be easier as parts. not the hole amount in one time because one may get scammed. if someone asked about how you bought this or that tell him about bitcoin. but if you are in a third world country,  you better travel before they arrest you Cheesy
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:23:07 AM

500 BTC is a huge amount, and it's making anyone rich with actual Bitcoin's price, in my opinion. If i have this amount i will invest a small part in trading trusted platforms, and enjoying the remaining to buy my needed goods and services
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:50:31 AM

At the current price, that would already make the owner a rich guy. Much more if he is from a third world country. That would be enough for me to quit my job and just focus on putting up my own business, and buy a lot of other assets like land, stocks, and insurance.
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:53:26 AM

How would you transfer the btc to your bank account without making the Banks / OECD /  ask questions?

And even if you get cash from localbitcoins someday the efforoties may ask you from where this car or how you bought this house..
What would you do ?

If I have a 500 bitcoins suddenly I will invest it all to genesis mining. That way no one will question where does my bitcoin comes from. I will retire form my work and put up a business as a facade so nobody will question me. But it is all a dream since no one in their right mind will give me that amount of bitcoin especially with the current price at the market right now.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:03:16 AM

If I had suddenly 500 Bitcoin then I would wait until the price is $1000 and then I would sell them all at once because then I would have allot of money.
I would not even try to hold them for much longer because it is not even sure if that is going to pay off.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:13:29 AM

If i had that very huge amount of bitcoin i will just sell the 20 bitcoin after halving whether it's high or not because i just want some good amount of money to start building my own business so i can continue making money. The 480 bitcoin left i will hold it for a long term investment and just put it on a safe cold storage and after 4-8 years i will sell all the 100 bitcoin and continue holding the rest because i believe that it's great decision if i don't cash out or sell all the coins in the same year because every year the price is going up.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:15:42 AM

What would you do ?
I would do like this:invest 50 btc in hyips,100 btc in some safe sites and 100 btc gambling and i would withdraw the rest (250 btc Cheesy )
probably i would lose all these 250 btc invested but well... no pain no gain i guess Tongue
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:19:08 AM

What would you do ?
I would do like this:invest 50 btc in hyips,100 btc in some safe sites and 100 btc gambling and i would withdraw the rest (250 btc Cheesy )
probably i would lose all these 250 btc invested but well... no pain no gain i guess Tongue
it will be precious thing for me. i will hold it for prise rise and sell them to make good profits. and the remaining i will spend joyfully.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:53:53 PM

I really doubt it if there is a way to transfer 500 btc without getting "suspiciousness" from the people "around " you.
But even if they do ask about all of that.
Will they really say anything to you?
i mean its BTC.. you didn't steal or anything..
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:00:21 PM

What would you do ?

This is the definition of laundering money, ROFL. What criminals learned long ago is that it's easier to just spend the got money, instead of trying to legitamize it. Pay your bills and life expenses with the bitcoin, converted to cash via peer to peer exchange, and save your wages. No one can get mad at you for saving your paychecks.

If you found this useful, since you may have copious amounts of money, send me some. I am not kidding. I have more cogent advice where that came from.
Hohenn

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 12:16:01 AM

Don't worry about it guys. I just got two words for you: PARTY HARD!
akogwapo14

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:02:55 AM

What would you do ?
many people get interest in bitcoin you dont need bank account to cash out your money you just need more people who want it to change your bitcoin to fiat .
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:10:38 AM

I will not worry or even bother to cashout all of those bitcoin within one day. I will just keep holding them in different addressess after mixing them in fraction and keep proper backup of those addressess's private keys in safe place. I will sell them in portion of 5btc in one transaction and that is only from cash/face to face deals. I know interest in bitcoin is getting higher in everycountry so selling 5btc to one guy couldn't me hard in future.

But i don't think i could earn 500 btc in my whole life. Grin

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: