Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:03:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL 3-15-13 update...Testing to Shipping...in "days".  (Read 5638 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:27:39 PM

Shipping in days?  Wink

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:51:44 PM

Shipping in days?  Wink

Honest Abe.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:48:01 PM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-2.html

It's been a long couple days here at the labs! Trying to test the chip in the test rig has been exceptionally trying and it turns out it's due to a bad socket on the tester. Initially we were concerned there might be a problem with the bumping or substrate, but fortunately we had tested the chips prior with the wire bonding technique, so we knew they worked. Getting the test boards made proved to be fortuitous as well, since we were able to bypass the test rig completely and bring the chips up on the board. By doing so, we were able to finally identify that the problem was related directly to the test rig and not any intermediate process or step.

Bringing a chip to life in situ on a board is not the easiest thing, so it has been slow going. The chip was responding properly on the board late this afternoon and we will be picking up the process in the morning. We hope to have a more complete test by Saturday night or Sunday sometime. Meanwhile, we will also be hard soldering a chip into place for use in the test rig and replacing the socket to allow the bulk testing to finish. In some other positive news, we've not found a single bad chip yet, which could mean our yield rate will be exceptionally high... maybe we just got lucky out of the 50 chips we have available on boards so far, but it seems unlikely. So that may mean the vast majority of our chips will be usable.

So the good news is the boards work, the chips work, the bumping works, the substrate works. We just need to nail down a bit more with the firmware and we should be able to conduct a full test and start shipping.

I will be posting another update as soon as I have more information. Needless to say it's been a pretty busy and stressful last few days here, and some script kiddie deciding to DDoS our sites this morning didn't help matters. All connectivity problems should be resolved now and we will keep people updated as time allows.

I find it odd that BFL is going to go from testing to shipping in a matter of days (from the sound of it like a "few" days). This is where Josh keeps failing.

They dont even have a working prototype and it is MARCH......TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN. Back in November they were leading on making it seem they had a prototype then but couldn't ship until 30 days or more. So how is it that all of a sudden that they FINALLY get a "working" prototype that they are going to go from TESTING to SHIPPING in a few days?

Expect more delays people. Everything BFL made themselves out to be has come out to be false. They outsourced pretty much every part of the ASIC development process to a third party. And that is just to get started...

BFL is and will continue to be full of crap as long as they DONT disclose what actually went on during the time frame of October, November, December...

So fail... Cheesy

And again I was right. lol BFL still hasn't shipped out their customer units as they said they would...lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:07:13 AM

Check this:
However, I must warn you (Inaba), don't place trust in the wrong people and what they tell you; for when that moment comes you won't able to meet the advertised specifications, at no real fault of you own besides ignorance since you really believed BFL. Be ready to take the spear to the chest as you were their spoke person. I wish you the best of luck and hope BFL can ship on time for when that time comes this forum can go back into the ol' days of competitive spirit of reducing power consumption and increasing hashrate of each others product.

Amazingly prescient of BitSyncom at the time. It's clear who the pros are at this point.

I should have spread my risk with Avalon in retrospect. Live and learn.
PeZ

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:42:56 AM

Amazingly prescient of BitSyncom at the time. It's clear who the pros are at this point.

If you check out the Avalon threads, you see that people are receiving devices which have been used for months. They are dusty with melted connections, damaged capacitors and broken parts. One person has an unusable device due to damage. Avalon doesn't respond to return requests. Pay several thousands of dollars and there's a chance they'll ship you electronic waste.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:49:30 AM

If you check out the Avalon threads, you see that people are receiving devices that have been used for months. They are dusty with melted connections, damaged capacitors and broken parts. One person has an unusable device due to damage. Avalon doesn't respond to return requests. Pay several thousands of dollars and there's a chance they'll ship you electronic waste.

I've read reports of damaged or dusty units (Have you seen the air quality in China lately ?!), and returns that were repaired and sent out again, but have not heard anything about them being used for months prior to shipping out.

Curious indeed. It would seem that there are small handful of bad/problem units, and for the most part, the bulk of the shipments were handled reasonably.

Not getting responses to return requests is troubling.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:55:55 AM

If you check out the Avalon threads, you see that people are receiving devices which have been used for months. They are dusty with melted connections, damaged capacitors and broken parts. One person has an unusable device due to damage. Avalon doesn't respond to return requests. Pay several thousands of dollars and there's a chance they'll ship you electronic waste.

Gee that dusty Avalon hashing away at 67GH/s looks nasty compared to the pristine table I have over here.  It's also eerily silent - oh that's right, I don't have my BFL toaster over Single mining on the table.

I'm looking forward to my dusty Avalon and my unicorn delivered Single.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:58:26 AM

Back to the thread title - while it may be shipping in days, English allows for larger units like weeks, months, years that might be more appropriate.  June 23rd 1st day orders for Singles are still not shipped (60+ after this thread started).
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 05:46:05 AM

Back to the thread title - while it may be shipping in days, English allows for larger units like weeks, months, years that might be more appropriate.  June 23rd 1st day orders for Singles are still not shipped (60+ after this thread started).

... the shipping is what 7.5 months behind still?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:51:08 AM

... the shipping is what 7.5 months behind still?

Also LOL at my earlier posts in May. What a bunch of slimebags Avalon turned out to be afterall.
Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:35:58 AM

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:07:29 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 07:52:38 AM by YipYip

It's been a long couple days here at the labs! Trying to test the chip in the test rig has been exceptionally trying and it turns out it's due to a bad socket on the tester. Initially we were concerned there might be a problem with the bumping or substrate, but fortunately we had tested the chips prior with the wire bonding technique, so we knew they worked. Getting the test boards made proved to be fortuitous as well, since we were able to bypass the test rig completely and bring the chips up on the board. By doing so, we were able to finally identify that the problem was related directly to the test rig and not any intermediate process or step.

Bringing a chip to life in situ on a board is not the easiest thing, so it has been slow going. The chip was responding properly on the board late this afternoon and we will be picking up the process in the morning. We hope to have a more complete test by Saturday night or Sunday sometime. Meanwhile, we will also be hard soldering a chip into place for use in the test rig and replacing the socket to allow the bulk testing to finish. In some other positive news, we've not found a single bad chip yet, which could mean our yield rate will be exceptionally high... maybe we just got lucky out of the 50 chips we have available on boards so far, but it seems unlikely. So that may mean the vast majority of our chips will be usable.

So the good news is the boards work, the chips work, the bumping works, the substrate works. We just need to nail down a bit more with the firmware and we should be able to conduct a full test and start shipping.

I will be posting another update as soon as I have more information. Needless to say it's been a pretty busy and stressful last few days here, and some script kiddie deciding to DDoS our sites this morning didn't help matters. All connectivity problems should be resolved now and we will keep people updated as time allows.

[/quote]

...lolz

var stdStatement = ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;

var lisprods = new List<string> {Fgpa,65Nm,Monarch,AnalIntruder16nm};

do
{

foreach(var prod in lisprods)
{
     var bitpay = new bitpayProc()
     var forum=new forum();
     forum.postwithvar(stdStatement,prod,bitpay.RecAddy());

}

while (suckers >0)

Its funny... dates may change but some things stay the same ...lolz  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND