Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new vers 0.3.22 -- list of recent changes  (Read 862 times)
perlstar (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:55:44 PM

I installed 0.3.22 yesterday.

Now I see that they hash rate number at the bottom of the GUI window is no longer there, and there is no "generate coins" selection. I looked for information here, and people are saying that this client doesn't even try to generate coins anymore.

However, my CPU usage is still at 100%, so if it's not mining coins anymore, what is it doing?

The real reason for this post, I am unsuccessful in finding information on what is different between 0.3.21 and 0.3.22, is there some kind of a README file, perhaps, that explains this? If there is some file that tells what changes have been made, can you please tell me where it is? Be gentle, this is my first forum posting.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:14:00 AM

Here is the thread which discussed the new release:

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8894.0

Catching up with the block chain and updating the database can consume a lot of CPU.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: