Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:46:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you sick of Monero trollers?
Yes! - 21 (34.4%)
Of course! - 10 (16.4%)
Who wouldn't be? - 7 (11.5%)
It really is harming their coins reputation... - 23 (37.7%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash Enthusiast  (Read 7391 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:31:45 AM

I'm confused... If we are trolling, then what are you doing? Just being a dick?

Showcasing that trolling is going to cost and does nothing but hurt peoples feelings and hurt crypto as a whole.

And yes this was a dickmove, clearly.

morale of the story, stop trolling before it costs Monero a whole lot more than $600-$700 USD...

Yup.. if it wasn't for all them Troll's FUD'ing we'd have mass adoption world wide by now  Cry

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 02:33:28 AM

Dash turned out to be an absolute gutter of a community.

Technically sound individuals wont be impressed by soda selling machines

Imagine looking forward to a nice cold soda on a hot day then finding out you have to buy Bitcoin AND convert it to Dash first.  

This is the thought process of Dash pumpers: It's like buying a soda...but with Dash!  Fucking enhanced baby!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:33:41 AM

LOLOLOL XMR GOT OWNED - REVERSE TROLLED.....

Sucks to be the guy that gave TheDashGuy a few hundred $$$ for thinking he defected hahahahahahaha - how does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine!

So you condone such behavior by one of your own supporters?

wow
Not normally. Read the op and my post. A taste of your own medicine.

A taste of my own medicine?

What are you talking about?

So are you going to answer the question directly or continue to deflect away from condoning such behavior?

Well do you condone the monero community toxic trolling strategies all day long look at ice breaker etc. Dash just gave the Xmr community a taste of what it feels like in reverse. I do not normally condone these activities but in this instance it's well warranted. Maybe the Xmr community will gain a sense on humility and understand that we are all in this together rather than the sick trolling campaigns that are ongoing.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:40:52 AM

Sucks to be the guy that gave TheDashGuy a few hundred $$$ for thinking he defected hahahahahahaha - how does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine!

wow

So are you going to answer the question directly or continue to deflect away from condoning such behavior?

Well do you condone the monero community toxic trolling strategies all day long look at ice breaker etc. Dash just gave the Xmr community a taste of what it feels like in reverse. I do not normally condone these activities but in this instance it's well warranted. Maybe the Xmr community will gain a sense on humility and understand that we are all in this together rather than the sick trolling campaigns that are ongoing.

I guess by your own inability to answer that speaks to your intensions and mindset.

@TheDashGuy,

Your actions are just noise and will ultimately make no difference in the end.

Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 02:47:19 AM

I'm still waiting, Riccardo.

Ok, fair enough. Let me ask YOU this, then. Do you condone the behaviour of these individuals? Do you think that is the direction that Monero (and crypto as a whole) should be taking? I've got my Twitter account waiting for your answer, either way...
Do you condone trolling of other coins by members of your community? Is that what you want Monero to be known for?
Take a stand, man!
*crickets*

Is this the caliber of people you would like to invest in? If not, there's room for you in Dash Nation:

www.dash.org
www.dashnation.com

How is anyone supposed to participate in Dash Nation if you suppress free speech?

TheDashGuy enjoyed the freedom to roam around the Monero subreddit to pull off his little prank.

That is not possible to do with Dash because of their policy on speech restrictions and banning dissent.
Who's suppressing free speech? The Dash ANN is unmoderated, as is the Dash Nation thread. I got ambushed by 5 or 6 detractors over there all at once, and debated them all on Dash's merits and shortcomings. Debate and crtiticism is what leads to a stronger coin and we welcome it in Dash. Unlike the Dash Nation Civil War thread, which I have had my posts deleted from...

I am amazed, the Dash turned out to be an absolute gutter of a community.

Btw Technically sound individuals wont be impressed by soda selling machines
Respectfully disagree on that one. The InstantSend technology that goes into the machine's software prevents double spends, and can be used in situations where the object being purchased costs far more than a can of Mountain Dew. It's just the showcase. Merchants can adopt it, and not be in fear of double spends, while the customer can pay and go. Dash truly is digital cash.

I look forward to Dash's peer-reviewed white papers that contain no mathematics.
And I look forward to Monero's leaders standing up and publicly denouncing the wretched behaviour of their band of trolls that serve to make all of crypto look bad, not to mention hold Monero back. Alas, that will never happen either.

We need to end this. I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. I hope you are in agreement on that point.

I will absolutely not denounce anyone. They are intelligent individuals who are welcome to say whatever they want. If I am to denounce them because they are critical of some other project, where does that end? What if some community members decide they don't like sushi, which I love - should I denounce them too? What if they have different moral beliefs, or religious beliefs, or they don't love dogs as much as I do?

Your call for "Monero's leaders" (such as they exist) to denounce members of the community for this is a disgusting attack on free speech.
Ok, fair enough. Let me ask YOU this, then. Do you condone the behaviour of these individuals? Do you think that is the direction that Monero (and crypto as a whole) should be taking? I've got my Twitter account waiting for your answer, either way...

Have you denounced TheDashGuy? No, you celebrated his pretending to be someone else and taking people's money based on this false information. Once a house of scammers, always a house of scammers.
I ask you to show me a post where I celebrated his endeavor. I merely said earlier that the force is strong with him as he saw an opportunity to make a point, and followed through with it. And there you go with your incessant "scam" mantra. I'm still waiting for facts in the Dash Nation thread, and am still hearing crickets, surprise, surprise. Don't make me post the Allen Iverson video again...

eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:50:39 AM

I guess by your own inability to answer that speaks to your intensions and mindset.

@TheDashGuy,

Your actions are just noise and will ultimately make no difference in the end.

Smiley

That was my first and only thought. Some people have a very exaggerated view of their own renown or impact.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:51:41 AM

wow

iCEBREAKER did nothing wrong.

Except probably donate 240xmr to the dash guy rofl rofl

Supporting the coin you are supposed to be trolling. Fail much???
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:56:58 AM

Who's suppressing free speech? The Dash ANN is unmoderated, as is the Dash Nation thread. I got ambushed by 5 or 6 detractors over there all at once, and debated them all on Dash's merits and shortcomings. Debate and crtiticism is what leads to a stronger coin and we welcome it in Dash. Unlike the Dash Nation Civil War thread, which I have had my posts deleted from...

You know full well that /r/Dashpay bans anyone that the moderation team doesn't agree with, as well as censoring material it doesn't agree with.

You can't just turn around and distance yourself from the Dash subreddit just because you're not in charge.

If you're going to attack isolated trolls as being representative of the entire Monero community, then at the very least show some backbone and take responsibility for the actions of your fellow Dash administrators.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 03:00:06 AM

I ask you to show me a post where I celebrated his endeavor. I merely said earlier that the force is strong with him as he saw an opportunity to make a point, and followed through with it. And there you go with your incessant "scam" mantra. I'm still waiting for facts in the Dash Nation thread, and am still hearing crickets, surprise, surprise. Don't make me post the Allen Iverson video again...

So you are condoning it? And at the same time asking Fluffy to renounce critics (who mind you, never asked for a dime from the dash community). Do I need to spell out the H word for you?

Also, a scammer is someone who passes themselves, a product, or a business KNOWINGLY as something it is not--so, TAO, when I write that TheDashGuy is a scammer for pretending to be a Monero convert and asking for donations, I can assure you that the English language agrees with my usage. But thanks for illustrating again that you have no idea what a scam is or when you are actively condoning one.

aerbax

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 03:09:57 AM

So my takeaway from this is that you manipulated the goodwill of several members of the Monero community to make a point about how we're infected with a troll problem?

Then you called us gullible.

I personally would have preferred to have the person you pretended to be in our community.  That guy was really nice and seemed to genuinely want to help us.

If you ever find that guy again, I'd love to have him on our team.  Call me gullible.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 03:31:34 AM

So one of the first lessons you learn as a junky is how to wait. Not patience, it isn't that, more fidgety than stand-stillish; no one would ever mistake a junk man for a patient man...But you learn, try to find some weed to calm you down, that's what we did on Las Ramblas before Evan beat that hippie to near-death. Evan, I said. You have to confess to this thing you did.

Reading ^this in William S. Burroughs' voice....  Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 03:52:55 AM

The stretch around the villa had a nightmare flatness, a peripatetic wasteland covered in overpriced tourist blow by Evan and that child, to this day I don't know who that kid was, but he took him everywhere, like a pederast in heat, that's how the waitress described him to the one with the hair-lip. It was just blow tho, I guess the kid brought it in with the tea.

dude, you must be confused... you're looking for 4chan.org/b/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 03:57:30 AM

^But he was on short time, that's just how he put it, short time. There was an electric rush running through him he hadn't felt since the stocks. The interview went great, spot on, liek a modern Leonardo describing masterpieces, splendid. Line after line, he rambed in half-lucid thoughts about his fintech surprise. I just got propositioned by a queer he said to me, as he ran past me to the streets..

The Evan's Gate graphic novel is going to be E.P.I.C.

Now we just need to put in a FFS request for an illustrator.

Can we get Dave McKean and Bill Sienkiewicz to team up?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 04:27:40 AM

The waitress said, "what about masternodes?" Coke machines! Coke machines! Lined white is the way to heaven! One long drag smoking white poles of Peruvian god dust. Those mountains soar like an eagle fidgety with living--what! Who was that! Fuck, fincen and the horse they rode in on. Damn bloggers just keep ranting 'bout the effects without knowing the effects--take another run up the mountain and fly! That's effect.

TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:56:23 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 05:09:39 AM by TechorMarketing

"With that being said, I am a 26 year old crypto enthusiast who's been into Bitcoin since mid 2011 if I can remember correctly.. it's been far to long honestly and I had hope of Bitcoin passing the moon by now....but here we are!

I have always been a guy who likes to push the envelope since I was a youngster, from running the woods with my hand-carved stave that said "faster than a cheetah", to my years spent skipping class in middle school to play Final Fantasy 7 (still my favorite game ever), my choice to dropout of highschool."

https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@thedashguy/thedashguy-is-on-steemit-aka-the-new-reddit-aka-decentralized-social-media-aka-hell-yea-finally

Instead of taking the time to learn from research papers written by PhDs (https://lab.getmonero.org/), this typical DASH user and high school dropout decided to scam those who were attempting to help him:

And I hope after reading this the Monero trolls will calm their asses down...because the only reason this story is being written is out of the pure hilarity of it. Otherwise I would have just kept it to myself and giggled all the way to the bank!

Anyways, I'm not the best writer as you can see, so I will just jump right in to the funnies and life lessons.

TheDashGuy,

With all due respect you may have successfully gained 300 XMR in your confidence game, but it is you that missed an important lesson here:

Lao Tsu said "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

You just stole a few fish in the middle of a fishing lesson. Eat well now because you are setting yourself up to be hungry for life.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 06:55:13 AM

You know full well that /r/Dashpay bans anyone that the moderation team doesn't agree with, as well as censoring material it doesn't agree with.

You can't just turn around and distance yourself from the Dash subreddit just because you're not in charge.

If you're going to attack isolated trolls as being representative of the entire Monero community, then at the very least show some backbone and take responsibility for the actions of your fellow Dash administrators.

The actions of some individuals in one social media site does not equate to Dash suppressing free speech. I can't speak for the individual you speak of (I would need examples) but I can for myself and I am perfectly OK with criticism and debate. Dash.org, the Dash ANN, the Dash Nation thread are all either unmoderated or slightly moderated for BS like spam. Plenty of avenues to get valid opinions and criticism in.

So you are condoning it? And at the same time asking Fluffy to renounce critics (who mind you, never asked for a dime from the dash community). Do I need to spell out the H word for you?

Also, a scammer is someone who passes themselves, a product, or a business KNOWINGLY as something it is not--so, TAO, when I write that TheDashGuy is a scammer for pretending to be a Monero convert and asking for donations, I can assure you that the English language agrees with my usage. But thanks for illustrating again that you have no idea what a scam is or when you are actively condoning one.

No, I'm not condoning it. The actions of The Dash Guy, while solely for the purpose of turning the tables on people who have been attacking Dash mercilessly for years, might not have been the best way to get his point across.

As far as the "scam" comments, just so we're clear, I'm talking about your "house of scammers" comment, which would certainly imply the whole Dash project. So I understand fine the meaning of your previous comment, and that is the one I took exception to.

Always nice to debate you, I always had a soft spot for you...

bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 06:59:32 AM

I'm a Dash enthusiast and also hold XMR and respect both projects. I also accept Dash for my businesses.

Only reason I haven't started accepting XMR is there isn't a way for me to do the USD pricing conversion to XMR easily and the lack of an official GUI (which I understand will be completed by year end) so hopefully this will change soon.

As much as I have also experienced XMR trolls, I don't think there's any need for Dash supporters to mud fling back. Doesn't help the cause in anyway.

@DashGuy: If you want to represent Dash and mean well (or any coin for that matter), do it with respect and argue on the facts. XMR's anonymity is solid that is not in dispute and Dash has decided to go for a different approach. I know you mean well and are ardently fervent about Dash (but yet unhappy with Dash's core team at the same time) and think that Dash are stupid for not taking up your suggestions, but things like these serve no purpose other than to

a) Get attention (the bad sort)
b) Make people pissed off.

Tell me, how does this help Dash's cause in gloating over making a swindle? How does 'trolling' the trollers make you any better? I would even say this makes you even worse. This doesn't "teach them a lesson" in anyway but just further builds distrust and hate.

I hope the donations you gathered for DashNation are returned to the original donaters or at least given to Monero as a show of good faith.

To the Monero supporters, I apologize on behalf of DashGuy. He is not representative of a great many of us. I once made a similar comparison of Monero's community (after receiving some nasty messages when I accepted Dash) and was given the response that they are not representative of Monero's community either and hope the same benefit of the doubt can be given to the Dash community. I think even on the reddit post, many Dash enthusiasts are frankly embarrassed (as am I).

So my takeaway from this is that you manipulated the goodwill of several members of the Monero community to make a point about how we're infected with a troll problem?

Then you called us gullible.

I personally would have preferred to have the person you pretended to be in our community.  That guy was really nice and seemed to genuinely want to help us.

If you ever find that guy again, I'd love to have him on our team.  Call me gullible.

Please do take him.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 07:08:01 AM

TheDashGuy,

With all due respect you may have successfully gained 300 XMR in your confidence game, but it is you that missed an important lesson here:

Lao Tsu said "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

You just stole a few fish in the middle of a fishing lesson. Eat well now because you are setting yourself up to be hungry for life.

Imagine being given 300 Bitcoins in 2011, when they were worth almost 2 dollars each.

Now imagine rage dumping them, Because [Something Offensive On Bitcointalk].

That's what TheDashGuy has done here.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 07:24:37 AM

No, I'm not condoning it. The actions of The Dash Guy, while solely for the purpose of turning the tables on people who have been attacking Dash mercilessly for years, might not have been the best way to get his point across.

As far as the "scam" comments, just so we're clear, I'm talking about your "house of scammers" comment, which would certainly imply the whole Dash project. So I understand fine the meaning of your previous comment, and that is the one I took exception to.

Always nice to debate you, I always had a soft spot for you...

Typical muffled indignation I expect out of politicians and used cars salesmen. You have your goons also, so the turning the tables while getting paid is hardly justified by a "I don't like his methods, but it's about time" attitude.

As for dash being a house of scam, go ahead and take exception. Dash's media claims it is decentralized, yet it is designed to be centralized https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443867.msg14601018#msg14601018, and the media claims dash was fairly launched and has no premine without stating that it has the equivalent of one through the process of an "accidental" instamine--you can play naïve on your own time, but I know when semantical distinctions that are attempting to misguide and circumvent reality are being put into full force and creating obscene arguments of "well it's the truth because you can't prove otherwise."  

This is my time and I'd appreciate if you didn't waste it with fluff and false claims of indignation--while I can't prove that you know better and aren't the slimiest of the bunch (hiding under a veneer of chimerical enthusiasm) if you slip-up once and lose your actor's notes....

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 07:47:18 AM

The actions of some individuals in one social media site does not equate to Dash suppressing free speech. I can't speak for the individual you speak of (I would need examples) but I can for myself and I am perfectly OK with criticism and debate. Dash.org, the Dash ANN, the Dash Nation thread are all either unmoderated or slightly moderated for BS like spam. Plenty of avenues to get valid opinions and criticism in.

First up, the reason you had "crickets" from me was because I was asleep. I'm sorry I chose to sleep at 3am instead of continuing this discussion. I find it's always best to remember that people live all over the world, and long-form discussions don't need to occur when you happen to be online.

Now to the point: your quoted post is incredibly hypocritical. You're calling on me to speak for some individuals on one social media site, because apparently their actions equate to Monero's actions. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: