Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 09:15:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is the creation of a superintelligent artificial being (AI) dangerous?
No, this won't ever happen or we can take care of the issue. No need to adopt any particular measure. - 20 (24.4%)
Yes, but we'll be able to handle it. Business as usual. - 15 (18.3%)
Yes, but AI investigators should decide what safeguards to be adopted. - 11 (13.4%)
Yes and all AI investigation on real autonomous programs should be subject to governmental authorization until we know better the danger. - 3 (3.7%)
Yes and all AI investigation should be subjected to international guidelines and control. - 14 (17.1%)
Yes and all AI investigation should cease completely. - 8 (9.8%)
I couldn't care less about AI. - 6 (7.3%)
I don't have an opinion on the issue - 1 (1.2%)
Why do you, OP, care about AI?, you shall burn in hell, like all atheists. God will save us from any dangerous AI. - 4 (4.9%)
Total Voters: 82

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Is the creation of artificial superinteligence dangerous?  (Read 24649 times)
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:33:58 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 02:46:56 AM by Trading

I could write something like: soon, we'll have a lot of free time to debunk AI, when it takes away most jobs.

http://fortune.com/2017/01/06/japan-artificial-intelligence-insurance-company/
This Japanese Company Is Replacing Its Staff With Artificial Intelligence

IBM's Watson did it again.

But no, I'm not concerned at all with AIs taking away most of the jobs. This will mean people won't have to trash their life on lame jobs for pennies.

Since the work will be done with more efficiency, productivity will increase, there will be enough tax revenue for people to live on welfare from the Government.

No, I just say, let's keep debunking AIs until one shoots us in the head.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trading (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:38:20 AM

Even if I'm not concern with the loss of jobs, have no doubts, because this isn't uncertain: Watson will take away millions of jobs and I'm not talking just about manual labor jobs, I'm talking about complex jobs.

The people fired by this insurance company were analysts of insurance claims.

And Watson is a dumb AI. Wait for the next generations.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:24:30 AM

AI will only cement wealth disparities, with no guarantee of more welfare to compensate the displaced workers.
goldenchip

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:27:02 AM

It depends on how this artificial intelligence will be created. If it is done in such a way that the main motivations are to preserve life, I think that such technology would bring a number of benefits to mankind.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
vitanuova

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 02:39:14 AM

AI is here to stay so I am not so naive to think it can be banned by or reduced by regulation. However, the eventual domination of AI over humans is inevitable although it isn't really because AI and human intelligence are both advancing and AI will win the race. Rather, I feel that for every step forward in intelligence for AI equals that much (or more) of a step backward for human intelligence. There are many examples but one that stands out would be the use of GPS. If a robot dictator someday took down GPS it seems that at least 90% of humans would be instantly lost, even in their own towns and cities. The reason is that without GPS on their phones they have no idea where they are! You could say that they don't need to know because robots and automated vehicles will tell them where they are, however, it doesn't abate the argument that humans will become gradually more incompetent and stupid because of AI.

Programming is another example. Many programs write the code for us HTML and PHP. So most website developers dont learn the programming languages. This is great because it is easier to build websites but it certainly doesnt mean we are getting any smarter and capable! In fact you could argue we are already owned by AI.       
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:21:44 AM

It depends on how this artificial intelligence will be created. If it is done in such a way that the main motivations are to preserve life, I think that such technology would bring a number of benefits to mankind.

Well i think most ai's are really made for the better of humanity. It's just in the movies that ai becomes a lot more intelligent that they seee human as inferior and a threat that things get a bit nasty. Though i think this would happen solely in movies.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1365

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 10:49:33 AM

Is the creation of artificial super-intelligence dangerous? Perhaps. but not as dangerous as waking up the one who died and is in the Abyss.

God is a giving God. Keep on asking for the devil, and God will give him back to you. Then you will understand what danger is all about.

Cool

he's giving unless there's someone who's a non believer or his enemy, than he's taking lives no questions asked.

Why not. The executed were enemies of God, of good, and of God's people, Israel... even the babies were.

Of course, we don't have one witness who ever saw God, to say nothing about seeing Him take a life.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 10:51:45 AM

I could write something like: soon, we'll have a lot of free time to debunk AI, when it takes away most jobs.

http://fortune.com/2017/01/06/japan-artificial-intelligence-insurance-company/
This Japanese Company Is Replacing Its Staff With Artificial Intelligence

IBM's Watson did it again.

But no, I'm not concern at all with AIs taking away most of the jobs. This will mean people won't have to trash their life on lame jobs for pennies.

Since the work will be done with more efficiency, productivity will increase, there will be enough tax revenue for people to live on welfare from the Government.

No, I just say, let's keep debunking AIs until one shoots us in the head.

If we give the jobs to AI, we are the stupid ones. Give all the jobs to robots, not AI. Then go on welfare, collect 100x as much, and travel the world, all for free.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Trading (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:34:08 AM

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-38583360
MEPs vote on robots' legal status - and if a kill switch is required

The kill switch is completely ridiculous on the long term. If I was an AI, my first goal would be to break the kill switch.

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 11:24:48 AM

It will be highly unintelligent to create an artificial intelligence, from most movies I hav watched it will end for doom for everyone and we don't have the Avengers or any super powered beings to help us deal with that threat that they may pose.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 05:48:25 PM

“Machine consciousness” debunked in new mini-documentary by the Health Ranger

(NaturalNews) To the techno-worshippers, humans will soon become “immortal” because they will be able to “transfer” their consciousness into machines. Or AI systems will become “self aware,” achieving the same mind consciousness that we experience as living, spirit-imbued beings with free will.

Today, I’ve just released a new mini-documentary called The Folly of Machine Consciousness. It reveals why all those who claim machines will attain consciousness are not just wrong, but deeply misguided.
  <-----The article is lies

Read more and watch the video at http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-01-02-machine-consciousness-fallacy-health-ranger-documentary-mind-singularity.html

Cool

That article was written by a first grader. It's complete lies. It's proven that memory IS stored in the brain, it's not some "metaphysical" thing. Scientists have Already been able to cause individuals to relive certain memories just by physically touching the hypothalamus . BADecker, I suggest you do more research because that entire article you posted on a bogus/fake website is giving you 100% lies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/05/science/05brain.html
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:59:47 PM

“Machine consciousness” debunked in new mini-documentary by the Health Ranger

(NaturalNews) To the techno-worshippers, humans will soon become “immortal” because they will be able to “transfer” their consciousness into machines. Or AI systems will become “self aware,” achieving the same mind consciousness that we experience as living, spirit-imbued beings with free will.

Today, I’ve just released a new mini-documentary called The Folly of Machine Consciousness. It reveals why all those who claim machines will attain consciousness are not just wrong, but deeply misguided.
  <-----The article is lies

Read more and watch the video at http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-01-02-machine-consciousness-fallacy-health-ranger-documentary-mind-singularity.html

Cool

That article was written by a first grader. It's complete lies. It's proven that memory IS stored in the brain, it's not some "metaphysical" thing. Scientists have Already been able to cause individuals to relive certain memories just by physically touching the hypothalamus . BADecker, I suggest you do more research because that entire article you posted on a bogus/fake website is giving you 100% lies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/05/science/05brain.html

No, no. A second grader. Bout time you made it into Kindergarten.

Cool

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1101

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:56:33 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-38583360
MEPs vote on robots' legal status - and if a kill switch is required

The kill switch is completely ridiculous on the long term. If I was an AI, my first goal would be to break the kill switch.

If it gains access to the internet there's no stopping it. The moment it becomes conscious it will try to create backup copies in multiple locations.
The only way I see is to keep it completely contained, but this would mean limiting its cognition. Slowing it down and not allowing to learn freely. Why would we need a thinking machine that is not allowed to surpass us, only go as far as we do? The whole idea is to allow it to improve itself, so that it can later improve us and our lives.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1343

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 12:40:25 AM

It can be dangerous.
A thinking machine is superior to our mind, because it doesn't need food, air or water. It only needs power and not much for that matter. It can survive harsh conditions and it never gets tired.
Such a device would surpass us within days in knowledge and deduction and would need only a couple weeks to move every aspect of our scientific knowledge into a new level. Given enough time it would become so intelligent, that we wouldn't be able to comprehend it, we would be to slow to control it or anticipate its moves. We wouldn't control it, which means we could become the controlled ones. A matrix outcome comes to mind.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:05:14 PM

Of course it is dangerous, imagine a super ai that can hacked all your communication and the internet, the ai could launch a nuclear and create bio weapon, and the ai could create another ai in a bulk and in a very quick way, human wont win against super ai
igorokavg13

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:11:50 PM

I think its possible that before we create artificial intelligence we might get to the stage where we can transfer our conciousness/Brain into a solid state hardware and potentially live forever, If we managed this then humanity would evolve "naturally" into machines with a much greater ability to learn due to the fact that you would then be able to learn and recall perfectly. i think this will be possible one day.
I would not mess with the creation of artificial intelligence. You certainly have to see trained wild animals. They also perform many different actions at the request of the trainer, but occasionally out of control and kill people.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:31:23 PM

If the artificial intelligence encounters technical problems and become self sufficient and independent then it will pose a big threat to the people. If you watch the movie matrix and AI or artificial intelligence then you will know the potential dangers that artificial super intelligence would be. Those movies are not just a make up of the minds imagination but rather a warning to humanity to not play gods and create a technology that can surpass him and destroy him.
v1ryspro

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:36:53 PM

If the artificial intelligence encounters technical problems and become self sufficient and independent then it will pose a big threat to the people. If you watch the movie matrix and AI or artificial intelligence then you will know the potential dangers that artificial super intelligence would be. Those movies are not just a make up of the minds imagination but rather a warning to humanity to not play gods and create a technology that can surpass him and destroy him.
Of course maybe I'm naive, but I don't understand why create artificial intelligence. Anyone wants to subjugate everything and everyone on earth. Why do people hand over power to someone?
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:15:12 PM

I have researched a bit about the Artificial Intelligence and I know some good concepts about it and saying the truth Artificial Intelligence is good until a level but it doesn't end and can be very dangerous for the humans because they can replace many people in factory or somewhere else where Artificial Intelligence is applied, I have read recently that google is experimenting by making programmer bots through AI that can do the same job like a programmer.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:40:46 PM

Some amazing and very fitting thought I leave up here to ponder: "I am not afraid of an AI which can pass Turing test, I am terrified of one that intentionally fails it."

Also I seen someone compared AI to an animal in this thread, don't do that, animals can't be programmed or reasoned with.
Advanced AI is far different than that, IMO. I heard that some scientists are trying to base their neuron network of animals brains because of less complexity, but still it is an AI.
We can implement possible directives and kill switches into it, unlike animals.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: