Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2018, 03:44:02 PM *
News: ♦♦ Bitcoin Core users must update to 0.16.3 [Torrent]. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is the creation of a superintelligent artificial being (AI) dangerous?
No, this won't ever happen or we can take care of the issue. No need to adopt any particular measure. - 18 (26.1%)
Yes, but we'll be able to handle it. Business as usual. - 12 (17.4%)
Yes, but AI investigators should decide what safeguards to be adopted. - 8 (11.6%)
Yes and all AI investigation on real autonomous programs should be subject to governmental authorization until we know better the danger. - 3 (4.3%)
Yes and all AI investigation should be subjected to international guidelines and control. - 12 (17.4%)
Yes and all AI investigation should cease completely. - 8 (11.6%)
I couldn't care less about AI. - 4 (5.8%)
I don't have an opinion on the issue - 1 (1.4%)
Why do you, OP, care about AI?, you shall burn in hell, like all atheists. God will save us from any dangerous AI. - 3 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 69

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Is the creation of artificial superinteligence dangerous?  (Read 6783 times)
MYMM

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:49:51 PM

In addition to the benefits of promoting human capacity, they can also create many terrible risks of uncontrolled genetic change. The rapid domination of superheroes or robot combats will threaten the survival of society.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmfiore

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:52:58 PM

I definetly believe that AI devellopement can become a real threat to mankind, and real fast.

Big brother is definetly watching !

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1416
Merit: 1015

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:45:29 AM

AI better at detecting skin cancer than doctors:
https://academic.oup.com/annonc/advance-article/doi/10.1093/annonc/mdy166/5004443

My main posts and a few more are reposted here: https://oneskeptic.tumblr.com
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:53:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERwjba9qYXA

Watch around 53-54 minute mark, great example of what AI can do.

People think that humans are unique because evolution gave us consciousness, but guess what?  AI will achieve consciousness in few decades if not sooner.

The progress in AI is exponential, what took evolution millions of years to achieve is done in years if not months.

The emergence in action.

Is it dangerous?   Well, it depends, define "dangerous".

AI is just another step in the evolutionary ladder, IMHO.
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:30:17 PM

even on the field of conscious AI we are making staggering progress:

“three robots were programmed to believe that two of them had been given a "dumbing pill" which would make them mute. Two robots were silenced. When asked which of them hadn't received the dumbing pill, only one was able to say "I don't know" out loud. Upon hearing its own reply, the robot changed its answer, realizing that it was the one who hadn't received the pill.”
(http://uk.businessinsider.com/this-robot-passed-a-self-awareness-test-that-only-humans-could-handle-until-now-2015-7).

Being able to identify his voice, or even its individual capacity to talk, seems not enough to talk about real consciousness. It’s like recognizing that a part of the body is ours. It’s different than recognizing that we have an individual mind (self-theory of the mind).

I’m not talking about phenomenological or access consciousness, which many basic creatures have, including AlphaZero or any car driving software (it “feels” obstacles and, after an accident, it could easily process this information and say “Dear inept driving monkeys, please stop crashing your cars against me”; adapted from techradar.com).

The issue is very controversial, but even when we are reasoning, we might not be exactly conscious. One can be thinking about a theoretical issue completely oblivious of oneself.

Conscious thought (as reasoning that you are aware of, since emerges “from” your consciousness) as opposed to subconscious thought (something your consciousness didn’t realize, but that makes you act on a decision from your subconsciousness) is different from consciousness.

We are conscious when we stop thinking about abstract or other things and just recognize again: I’m alive here and now and I’m an autonomous person, with my own goals.

When we realize our status as thinking and conscious beings.

Consciousness seems much more related to realizing that we can feel and think than to just feeling the environment (phenomenological consciousness) or thinking/processing information (access consciousness).

It’s having a theory of the mind (being able to see things from the perspective of another person) about ourselves (Janet Metcalfe).

Trading
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:44:37 AM

Henry Kissinger just wrote about AI's dangers: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/06/henry-kissinger-ai-could-mean-the-end-of-human-history/559124/

It isn't a brilliant text, but it deserves some attention.

Carter_Terrible

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:02:58 PM

I believe it is theoretically possible for AI to become as intelligent as humans. This shouldn't be a great cause for concern though. Everything that AI can do is programmed by humans. Perhaps the question could be phrased differently: "Could robots be dangerous?" Of course the could be! If humans programs robots to destroy and do bad things, then the robots could be dangers. That's basically what military drones do. They are remotely controlled, but they are still robots.
Carter_Terrible

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:20:07 PM

People who say that AI isn't dangerous simply aren't in the know. Scientists even convened earlier this year to talk about toning down their research in artificial intelligence to protect humanity.

The short answer is: it can be. The long answer is: hopefully not.

Artificial intelligence is on the way and we will create it. We need to tread carefully with how we deal with it.
The right technique is to develop robots with singular purposes rather than fully autonomous robots that can do it all. Make a set of robots that chooses targets and another robot that does the shooting. Make one robot choose which person needs healing and another robot does the traveling and heals the person.

Separate the functionality of robots so we don't have T1000's roaming the streets.

That is Plan B, in my opinion. The best option is for human-cybernetics. Our scientists and engineers should focus on enhancing human capabilities rather than outsourcing decision making to artificial intelligence.
I think giving robots different roles is a good idea. If they truly had AI, I guess it wouldn't be that hard to imagine that they could learn to communicate with each other and plot something new. I don't think enhancing human capability should necessarily be a priority over robots. I think both should be developed. You could develop technology that would make it easier for a human to work in an assembly line. It's a somewhat useful tool, but it would be much better to just make a robot to replace the human. Humans shouldn't have to do mundane tasks, if they can create robots to do the same tasks.
Minerall

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:05:59 PM

I am in favour of using artificial intelligence in every field of life but there should be a limit. You should listen to Stephen Hawking and his fear of artificial intelligence. There are major disadvantages if the artificial intelligence goes out of hand. Be ready for a cyber war.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:06:21 AM

Major update on the OP.
I'm not dangerous.
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:24:36 PM

AI 'poses less risk to jobs than feared' says OECD
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43618620

OECD is talking about 10-12% job cuts on the USA and UK.

The famous 2013 study from Oxford University academics argued for a 47% cut.

It defended as the least safe jobs:
Telemarketer
Chance of automation 99%
Loan officer
Chance of automation 98%
Cashier
Chance of automation 97%
Paralegal and legal assistant
Chance of automation 94%
Taxi driver
Chance of automation 89%
Fast food cook
Chance of automation 81%

Yes, today (not in 10 years) automation is “blind to the color of your collar"
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/26/jobs-future-automation-robots-skills-creative-health

The key is creativity and social intelligence requirements, complex manual tasks (plumbers, electricians, etc) and unpredictability of your job.

Pessimistic studies keep popping: By 2028 AI Could Take Away 28 Million Jobs in ASEAN Countries
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/320121

Of course, the problem is figuring out what is going to happen on AI development.

Check the BBC opinion about the future of your current or future job at:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34066941

SkyFlakes

Activity: 270
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
Today at 02:41:12 PM

I think everything that is too much is not good. If artificial intelligence would go deeper into superintelligence, then there would be a problem that it would take over the knowledge of human that it can be higher than humans. That thing should not happen as we should be the one who should have the highest state of knowledge because that would makes everything okay in the end.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.