Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:26:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Sub  (Read 2259 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 05:42:32 AM

10 BTC is about $7000.  That's not "peanuts" nor it setting up a simple subdomain redirect "a big contribution."
I'm very much certain that setting a subdomain exclusively for 1 altcoin is a big contribution, else nobody would be asking for it. 10 BTC is nothing IMO, the forum is generating more than enough for itself with ads.

The forum needs two factor authentication and better DDOS protection.  10 BTC (times N altcoins) would help with those efforts.
I don't see this version of the forum investing in 2FA, especially not since the beta is being worked on and thus those 'payments' would not help with those efforts.

If you're going to respond to me, please read and understand everything I've written, instead of isolating the proposal while pretending no rationale was provided (and exaggerating the cost while downplaying/ignoring the benefits).
I have read everything, it was not my intention 'to pretend'.

I wasn't actually arguing it was a good idea or not, just responding to the idea (incorrect IMO) that creating a section for a very small number of significant coins would require "a section per altcoin" (i.e., thousands).
Understood.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: