Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is MPOE worth so much?  (Read 3597 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:54:35 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2013, 11:24:45 AM by MPOE-PR

Can you, or anyone else tell me, what is the surest and most convenient way to short the crap out of MPEx? What I am thinking is to issue naked contracts that pay out the MPEx dividends, crash the market, and buyback (or no). My analysis shows that the BTC price will in most scenarios outperform MPEx anyway, and there is no possibility of a short squeeze as I don't even claim these to represent any MPEx shares with voting rights, (not that there was any to begin with). See my discussion with MPOE-PR at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154258.0

If you're a large enough trader on MPEx to have margin you can just borrow the shares. If you're not you could probably still come to an arrangement with some of the holders to borrow the shares (except if you have no WoT rating, in which case as I've said countless times you are not part of Bitcoin trading/finance). Finally, perhaps your broker can help you, if you have one and enough of a relationship/credit with them.

You could try to short naked obviously, but you'd have to find someone to accept your nudity, which seems improbable, since as far as anyone can discern you're nobody with nothing at all.

Lol, I'm not on WoT, so I must not be part of "bitcoin trading/finance" then   Grin

You aren't. You're this thing. Sorta like usagi, basically.

Be kind to your inferiors, MP. If their relative growth rate is higher than yours, everybody investing in you loses money, relative to investing in the newcomers. My bitcoin-business valuation is 1/350 of yours and it seriously considers raising funding by imitating YOUR payouts, while keeping its own shares and profits.

That's not quite how things work, but by all means, knock yourself out. Flavor of the week by now this "I've made a website so therefore I have a business" thing.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 12:07:00 PM

99.9% of bitcoinland is not in WoT, 80% has never heard of it. You are humorously delusional:)

- 2806 * 30 accounts on btctalk
 - 3282 WoT accounts

~4% of BitcoinLand is in the WoT.

Just saying.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:18:06 PM

99.9% of bitcoinland is not in WoT, 80% has never heard of it. You are humorously delusional:)

- 2806 * 30 accounts on btctalk
 - 3282 WoT accounts

~4% of BitcoinLand is in the WoT.

Just saying.

Your assumption that 100% of bitcoin land has an account here is silly.

Just saying.

Yes, yes, and unicorns. We're talking finance here, not facebook.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 12:19:46 PM

Your assumption that 100% of bitcoin land has an account here is silly.

Just saying.

Well, I'm just pulling assumptions and figures out of my ass like you just did.
All the sock puppets probably compensate for the people that are active in Bitcoin land but don't have an account here.

It's still better to use available figures and pull *some* things out of your ass rather than pull *everything* out of your ass.

Stinks slightly less, deal with it.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:28:15 PM

That's not quite how things work, but by all means, knock yourself out. Flavor of the week by now this "I've made a website so therefore I have a business" thing.

Oh no, I don't have a website, I don't even know how to make one. In fact, and funny indeed, one of the biggest companies that I own, does not have a single website, yet is able to churn a six-figure annual profit.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 12:43:05 PM

99% not on WoT is a very reasonable estimation.

Numbers : they're cold, they're hard, but they have their uses.
I hope for you that you don't do finance the same way you do your estimations.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:50:29 PM

How does one get into the WOT, and do you think it could benefit me OR the community? You know, if it requires time, can I hire a PR representative to do such things for me?

No pun intended.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:39:17 PM

How does one get into the WOT, and do you think it could benefit me OR the community? You know, if it requires time, can I hire a PR representative to do such things for me?

No pun intended.

It takes all of five minutes, and it's your premier tool to navigate the very unsteady oceans of Bitcoin. See here.

Peter Lambert

Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:40:08 PM

Interesting reading the old comments.

I am still trying to decide whether to put more or less money in S.MPOE? On the one hand it seems overvalued for the amount of dividend it produces currently, but on the other hand it is the most steady investment in bitcoins and has room to grow?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:28:44 PM

I am still trying to decide whether to put more or less money in S.MPOE? On the one hand it seems overvalued for the amount of dividend it produces currently, but on the other hand it is the most steady investment in bitcoins and has room to grow?

This is still around? People still use this?

With all the new options I'm kinda shocked.

What new options?

Peter Lambert

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:54:05 PM

What new options?

Exactly my thought. Is there anybody that does what MPEx does?

Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:41:22 AM

What new options?

yeah, there are at least two russian sites that do this and i had thought some western ones as well. maybe not i guess. i dont follow it well.

As far as I know there are people supposing the operate options markets and different people supposing they operate markets for stocks. Even most charitably supposing these things exist, none of them have... history...

How's Cognitive doing?

Peter Lambert

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:11:25 PM

What new options?

yeah, there are at least two russian sites that do this and i had thought some western ones as well. maybe not i guess. i dont follow it well.

As far as I know there are people supposing the operate options markets and different people supposing they operate markets for stocks. Even most charitably supposing these things exist, none of them have... history...

How's Cognitive doing?

Is there anybody else that uses GPG signed contracts for assets?

Peter Lambert

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:28:25 PM

Is there anybody else that uses GPG signed contracts for assets?

A couple of real life registered Bitcoin companies here in the USA that I am involved with have started to do so. Assets are not exactly tradable so I realize that is not what you are really asking. Its pretty crazy to see. Will be showing my lawyers them soon, would really like to know what he thinks about it.

Yeah, I was talking about other online asset trading platforms (havelock, cryptostocks, GLBSE-copy-of-the-week, etc). Some might not remember, but GLBSE originally used GPG signed contracts; unfortunately there was no moderation as to what went into them. Later the gpg signatures were eliminated to make it more user friendly, before it was suddenly shut down.

I suspect we will see the use of gpg signatures grow in the business world. Adding them is a simple thing to do (once you spend just a little time learning how), and they are a great way of certifying a document, especially when dealing with distant people, sort of the modern version of having your documents witnessed by a notary.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: