Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:44:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Perma" network bootstrappping and thoughts on the hard fork  (Read 260 times)
MrComputerCodes (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:55:16 PM

What a sad month. I'm heartbroken to see the ethereum guys like this. They had a chance to kill the beast, instead they let it go and it mutilated their baby.

Anyone who is against the hard fork has no options: without simple working examples of absolute allegality as a feature to point to, being in favor of letting consensus "momentum" build up makes you seem in favor of theft and destruction.

Reddit was a major long-form discussion channel for the community and that has become a disaster as well. My new account is banned from posting altogether, my real account is branded with warnings. Everyone is suddenly very worried about suspicious voting and discussing the merits of democratic solutions.

This collective does not realize they are showing themselves to be worthless stakeholders come POS. Your blockchain will not host major financial machinations. If you disagree, use Ethereum - simple! You could even use both or neither, and everyone would still not care.

My solution is a clean fork configured in part as a reaction to this collective: there is no foundation or thought leader, it favors high fees over promises of scalability, and it will quickly either become fundamentally self-sustaining from fees or not. It is seeded by the hard fork block, so it will not launch if there is no hard fork, but should roughly capture the exit interest associated with the HF if it does happen.

https://github.com/permaledger/perma

We will run a series of test nets and iron out the last details regarding some parameters (particularly block reward schedule) before making a call to action site with simple instructions.

The traditional announcement thread is here, let us keep discussion about the technical details in that thread and in the github.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1540285.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: