Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2018, 12:48:12 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79]
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI  (Read 53407 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1084

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:55:49 PM

I planing to buy an FPGA card here www.fpga-mining.tech. In this regard, I have two questions - bcu1525 is the same as the vcu1525? And the software for the VU09p chip will be compatible with the VU13P chip?

bcu is blockchain version, with modifications for better cooling and other stuff, for better mining.
software must be tailored for the exact chips it is to run into.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
lok8nusa

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:59:05 PM

I planing to buy an FPGA card here www.fpga-mining.tech. In this regard, I have two questions - bcu1525 is the same as the vcu1525? And the software for the VU09p chip will be compatible with the VU13P chip?

In all likelihood, fpga-mining.tech is a scam - just created on Aug. 8, ad copy is copy-pasta from fpga.land/squirrelsresearch/Mineority. Do your research before sending funds.

Edit: There are ONLY 5000 BCU-1525 being made this year and AllMine (fpga.land), Squirrels Research, and Mineority are the only legitimate outlet at this time. Anyone else offering these is either reselling a pre-order, or scamming.

Coining bits since 2017 
Avalon 741 x 2; BM S7 x 1, C1 x 1, S3 x 1; GekkoScience R808 x 2, 2Pac x 8
Kano Pool is the BEST BTC mining pool.
melpheos

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:15:55 PM

Guaranteed scam website.
They are selling them even cheaper than fpga land which the original site with this "group" command
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 01:44:42 PM

I mean, you can find and buy a VCU1525 model, but modified BCU made by Xilinx...yeah I'd say its a scam.
senseless

Activity: 1038
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:58:37 PM

I, for one am glad I got in b4 the 25% Trump tariff on semi-conductors...

Though perhaps Xilinx builds in Taiwan?

The tariff is paid when the product moves from China to the US (imported), not when the product is purchased.  

Point being?  You think xilinx uses all made in USA components?  I don't even know if they assemble domestically.

That is my point.  We could be screwed with the Xilinx delay.  If they are assembled in China, and arrive after the tarrifs are in place.... someone will have to pay the 25% tarrifs.  And I can't imagine that would be Xilinx.

They weren't / aren't being assembled in china to my knowledge. Also, to my knowledge, none of the component manufacturers are manufacturing in china.

Right now there is a worldwide shortage of components. From what I've gathered it's because of a global increase in production of various electronics. However, the component manufacturers did not / have not ramp production to meet supply requirements for the increase. It's because last time this happened it was followed by a recession and the component manufacturers were left with a bunch of stock they couldn't sell. This time around they didn't ramp production out of fear the ramp would be followed by a recession.

lok8nusa

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:24:22 PM

Re: www.fpga-mining.tech

BittWareTechToday at 12:16 PM
@[redacted] Nice, they took the picture of the VCU1525, the block diagram of our XUPVV4, and then show a BCU1525 with a VU13P.

Coining bits since 2017 
Avalon 741 x 2; BM S7 x 1, C1 x 1, S3 x 1; GekkoScience R808 x 2, 2Pac x 8
Kano Pool is the BEST BTC mining pool.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1047

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:46:36 PM

Guaranteed scam website.
They are selling them even cheaper than fpga land which the original site with this "group" command

Well it looks like no-one has been stupid enough to send them BTC yet at that address.

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1FW7RmzEYBvc3HuXP5tSk7qfqrsVFpKdSs

BITSLER                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
vuli1

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 06:00:51 PM

It looks scammers are getting desperate. Shame on this guy...

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
colomine

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:21:15 AM

In all likelihood, fpga-mining.tech is a scam - just created on Aug. 8, ad copy is copy-pasta from fpga.land/squirrelsresearch/Mineority. Do your research before sending funds.

Edit: There are ONLY 5000 BCU-1525 being made this year and AllMine (fpga.land), Squirrels Research, and Mineority are the only legitimate outlet at this time. Anyone else offering these is either reselling a pre-order, or scamming.
I have first seen this website when I found VCU1525 on ebay auction, starting bid 8K. It was in the description.
senseless

Activity: 1038
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:04:55 PM

I have first seen this website when I found VCU1525 on ebay auction, starting bid 8K. It was in the description.

You can purchase units for pre-order now at $3600/unit at http://squirrelsresearch.com/bcu-1525/ -- This is the only site you should purchase from if you want to be sure you're going to receive your order. We already have the order placed with Xilinx and we're in regular contact / meetings with them to get the boards built and shipped.

These were units that a refund was requested for due to delays in acquiring the components needed for production of the boards.

Invento

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:48:08 PM

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that whitefire has released bitstreams for according to https://fpga.guide/en. Building these bitstreams are pretty intense, but whitefire has been activly working with everyone on the discord channel which is listed on post 1. Hop on and see all that is happening it is pretty great!
COINKING7

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:22:00 AM

Has anyone got a refund?
d.v.

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:21:26 PM

Has anyone got a refund?

obviously so since there are now cards available for purchase. hurry before they sell out.

Bitrated user: thedvanger.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1047

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:09:47 PM

Has anyone got a refund?

obviously so since there are now cards available for purchase. hurry before they sell out.

this disclaimer has been added.

Important Notice: This is a pre-sale item scheduled to ship in Q4 and could be subject to delays. All sales are final.

So apparently if it gets "delayed" again then you shit out of luck.

I doubt it will as I'm sure bitmain got all their chips by now.

BITSLER                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
COINKING7

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:40:52 PM

Has anyone got a refund?

this disclaimer has been added.

Important Notice: This is a pre-sale item scheduled to ship in Q4 and could be subject to delays. All sales are final.

So apparently if it gets "delayed" again then you shit out of luck.

I doubt it will as I'm sure bitmain got all their chips by now.

Not too worried about the refund. If they are smart, refunds should be processed no later than August 31st. The original invoice did not say, ''All sales are final''. In addition, Squirrels told me this before purchasing, ''Shipping starts in August. You should have it mid-late August depending on transfer times.'' No addendum for possible delays was added or ever mentioned.

If you do a pre-sale on Ebay for example and don't deliver, they kick you off faster than a New York second and do everything in their power to get the buyer's funds back.  

They breached their ''contract'' regardless of Xilinx delays, and shifting blame. That is not our fault. I'm not a lawyer but they could be in very hot water if they delay refunds or don't pay. Imagine the people that possibly bought 10+ units. Whew, I'd be pi**ed off.

I believe these guys meant well, but they didn't do much R&D and rushed into this order. There should have been a back-up plan or contract with Xilinx, stating some sort of discount or repercussion for not delivering on time. Maybe they are getting a discount for the delay, who knows. Not meeting deadlines is unacceptable. Customer service goes a long way and this ''start-up'' is off to a horrible start.

I truly believe that for each day after August 31st, they should pay everyone $20/day per unit because we expected to be mining by then, and $20/day was their low-end advertised rate. Check page 1 of this thread.

Icing on the cake...they are abandoning these boards and going with Bittware in the future. One could deduce that they will focus most if not all of their efforts and bitstreams on the new board, not the 1525. Just speculation.

Wish them well, but as they say, ''first impressions are everything''...

Just my opinion.
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Do you own 1 Bitcoin?

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:54:41 AM

You can purchase units for pre-order now at $3600/unit at http://squirrelsresearch.com/bcu-1525/ -- This is the only site you should purchase from if you want to be sure you're going to receive your order. We already have the order placed with Xilinx and we're in regular contact / meetings with them to get the boards built and shipped.

These were units that a refund was requested for due to delays in acquiring the components needed for production of the boards.

I have the #0000019 invoice

I honestly think that whatever is happening right now, that your team are doing the very best to handle all what is happening around the FPGA world.

From a little outside of the box point, I noticed that Bitmain are slowly making their way into Xiling team ( https://www.xilinx.com/video/corporate/bitmain-technologies-bitcoin-mining.html ) and I feel like that I understand their point of view that they are really losing profit and that they will be will go bankrupt in the next week if they cant screw the next wave of mining profitability. ( lol, you understand my sarcasm )

I'm really glad to follow the squirrel team, they do everything they can to handle the next crypto hype.

Let's do it Smiley
COINKING7

View Profile
Today at 04:01:10 AM

I have the #0000019 invoice

I honestly think that whatever is happening right now, that your team are doing the very best to handle all what is happening around the FPGA world.

From a little outside of the box point, I noticed that Bitmain are slowly making their way into Xiling team ( https://www.xilinx.com/video/corporate/bitmain-technologies-bitcoin-mining.html ) and I feel like that I understand their point of view that they are really losing profit and that they will be will go bankrupt in the next week if they cant screw the next wave of mining profitability. ( lol, you understand my sarcasm )

I'm really glad to follow the squirrel team, they do everything they can to handle the next crypto hype.

Let's do it Smiley

Bitmain ''slowly''?

Idiot. Follow the news!
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.