Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:39:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 594 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free)  (Read 834203 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 12:46:04 PM

Poland but i dont want borrow any GPUs.
I will need to buy it myself.

if you were closer - it would be easy ...

btw - there is NO borrowing with me Wink ...

#crysx

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:57:05 PM

Hi T,

I noticed some rigs now have "300" in memory in RX rigs/cards.
After a reboot, it goes away but I see up to 2-3 rigs at random having this issues.
It doesn't interrupt mining however, it will drop a card (reduced hash) until reboot is performed.
Can SRR detect this and apply reboot?
Or is this a function of the miner or smOS to take action?
Or is this a HW fault at GPU side?
I think in last few updates, a fix was already applied to address this issue.
Currently I dont use smOS "powerstage" and use "7" for no undervolting.
My Sapphire RX480 GPUs rigs custom modded roms and use 1100 core, 2125 memory, no undervolt = "7"

Thanks

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 06:02:18 PM

Hi T,

I noticed some rigs now have "300" in memory in RX rigs/cards.
After a reboot, it goes away but I see up 2-3 rigs at random having this issues.
It doesn't interrupt mining however, it will drop a card (reduced hash) until reboot is performed.
Can SRR detect this and apply reboot?
Or is this a function of the miner or smOS to take action?
Or is this a HW fault at GPU side?
I think in last few updates, a fix was already applied to address this issue.
Currently I dont use smOS "powerstage" and use "7" for no undervolting.
My Sapphire RX480 GPUs rigs custom modded roms and use 1100 core, 2125 memory, no undervolt = "7"

Thanks

This is bug that i am aware of, its not faulty GPU.
Its just new powerstage bug. I will fix is as fast as i can.

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
thedue

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:37:47 PM

Yep has to do with powerstage (didn´t happen before).

If some of you are uncertain of using the powerstage feature... check your bios with polaris bios editor (simple..) and look out for the preferred gpu clock.. for me it´s 1073 and powerstage 3.. so I downclock my gpus through SM and use powerstage 3... everything runs fine and I save some power.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:21:09 PM

Yep has to do with powerstage (didn´t happen before).

If some of you are uncertain of using the powerstage feature... check your bios with polaris bios editor (simple..) and look out for the preferred gpu clock.. for me it´s 1073 and powerstage 3.. so I downclock my gpus through SM and use powerstage 3... everything runs fine and I save some power.

since I am already using lowpower custom mod roms, I didnt want to mess with any more savings thats why I used powerstage 7

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
bughatti

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:15:18 PM

@tytanick is it possible for the optiminer client to show just the total hashrate and when you hover over it to show individual hashrates?  I like how you have claymore eth setup but find it a bit frustrating to have to always open console to check total hashrate for optiminer.
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 04:26:07 PM

@tytanick is it possible for the optiminer client to show just the total hashrate and when you hover over it to show individual hashrates?  I like how you have claymore eth setup but find it a bit frustrating to have to always open console to check total hashrate for optiminer.

claymore has this just because it has clean and very nice api.
I didnt check but as i renember optiminer doesnt has one so it would be very hard to do this.
You could ask optiminer developer to do that.
also is claymore zec slower than optiminer?

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:32:22 PM

I didnt check but as i renember optiminer doesnt has one so it would be very hard to do this.

Optiminer v1.7 is faster and stable on Linux

Claymore v12.3 better on Windows

My rigs now are selling hash at ZEC marketplace in NH -- huge payouts.

I think ZEC and DASH are big winners, since BTC is now below 1k at 984$ and ETH dropping fast, 37$ -- as I am typing

Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 04:34:07 PM

Mmm. this is super easy to do.

Optiminer has a log flag, just log the output, grep the hashrates out of the log, send them and done.

Not really seeing the "Very hard" part in this..

Optiminer is still faster on a lot of gpu's, plus, what you see is what you get.
Claymore on the other hand takes his fee from what you see.
Optiminer doesn't do this. His fee is running parallel on top of what you're seeing.

Which is also a shitload better because the miner doesn't have to constantly switch to devfee and back.

That's of course my humble opinion.

bughatti

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:09:54 PM

@tytanick is it possible for the optiminer client to show just the total hashrate and when you hover over it to show individual hashrates?  I like how you have claymore eth setup but find it a bit frustrating to have to always open console to check total hashrate for optiminer.

I tried claymore first and it crashed all my rigs for some reason.  When I rebooted all the rigs they could not connect to simplemining.net and on top of that with them trying to connect it almost seemed like it did a broadcast storm on my switch because it brought down the network on 2 other windows rigs on that same switch.  I probably need to put a better switch in but found it odd.  I decided to just use optiminer and its working fine.  

I also agree with Eliovp, reading the output of the log file would be alot easier than dealing with API
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:20:02 PM

@tytanick is it possible for the optiminer client to show just the total hashrate and when you hover over it to show individual hashrates?  I like how you have claymore eth setup but find it a bit frustrating to have to always open console to check total hashrate for optiminer.

I tried claymore first and it crashed all my rigs for some reason.  When I rebooted all the rigs they could not connect to simplemining.net and on top of that with them trying to connect it almost seemed like it did a broadcast storm on my switch because it brought down the network on 2 other windows rigs on that same switch.  I probably need to put a better switch in but found it odd.  I decided to just use optiminer and its working fine.  

I also agree with Eliovp, reading the output of the log file would be alot easier than dealing with API

@bughatti - if you have RX480 or 470s.... IMHO, its not really the best card for ZEC, but its good for ETH mining. For ZEC mining, the R9 series cards are amazingly fast for ZEC mining, ie. R9 Nano, Fury X, 390s are all 400 sols/s and beyond cards.

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 05:25:09 PM

Eliovp has ofcourse right but still it some syntax will be changed then  each new version will generate problems in displaying values.
I didnt wanted to make this.
Its better to look at pool side if all your miners are hashing good speed.
Accually i have in plans implementing some api that will listen speed from most of biggest pools and i think that this is the better way to go here.
Ofcourse i will thing about this syntax.
I see that i need to make some voting list to see which features are most wanted.

deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:34:45 PM

Hey Tytanick,

I tried SimpleMiningOS today on a system with the following configuration :

Asrock H81 Pro BTC V2
Intel G1840
Corsair DDR3 4GB
Liteon 64GB SSD
Corsair RM1000X
6 X Sapphire RX 470 4GB on V006 Risers

And here's my feedback :

Takes too long to boot : The OS takes a while to load at each boot, much longer than windows for me (could be because its booting of a usb pendrive)
Headless mode does not work : With Onboard display enabled it will boot into the OS, but you lose the ability to change Clocks/Fanspeed or the DPM undervolting. The Settings appear to apply but no change in power consumption or performance. Booting with Onboard Display disabled, and no HDMI connected does not work just like in windows (but that's a problem with the board I guess)
Etherium hashing slower than Windows : Hashrates I see on 8.1 in SimpleminingOS are about ~2% lower than what I get in windows. Didn't check other altcoins yet.

Overall I love the amount of control that the dashboard offers and will be migrating all my non ProBTC based rigs to SimpleOS. The ProBTC rigs however, will stay on windows because of the above issues.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 05:41:05 PM

My no cheapest pendrives are booting in about 30seconds with bios loading. System only from pendrive with 8gb and usb3 is booting in about 10seconds and then starts mining.

Headless boot. Ok but after you booted you shouldnot touch anything in console itself.
All overclocking is done via simplemining.net dashboard.
Linux is little slower like 2%. Depending on configuration. But overall problems in vindows compensate this difference.

bughatti

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:43:47 PM

@bughatti - if you have RX480 or 470s.... IMHO, its not really the best card for ZEC, but its good for ETH mining. For ZEC mining, the R9 series cards are amazingly fast for ZEC mining, ie. R9 Nano, Fury X, 390s are all 400 sols/s and beyond cards.

100% agree with you but when whattomine has a huge difference in profit between eth and zec, I am going to highest coin.  When it gets back down to a closer level between the 2, I will put them all back to what they are best at.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:50:23 PM

100% agree with you but when whattomine has a huge difference in profit between eth and zec, I am going to highest coin.  When it gets back down to a closer level between the 2, I will put them all back to what they are best at.

No complains there - with ZEC this good, point all your rigs to ZEC.
I am doing the same and cashing in at Nicehash.

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:27:36 PM

Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v12.4 (Windows/Linux)

v12.4:

- slightly improved speed for some cards (1-2%).
- added "-gmap" option.
- a few minor changes/improvements.

Zimmsquad

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:46:35 PM

Hey if anyone has any suggestions for getting this to work for me, that would be great.

I just setup a new rig with:
-biostar tb85 motherboard with no settings changed
-3x visiontek Rex 480 8gb with GDDR5 Samsung memory

I flashed the bios using atiflash and the boysie driver from the ethereum forum. Here is the link:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9400/boysies-rx480-ref-bios-29mh-low-pwr-eth-or-dual-mining

I am getting 3-4 hash sometimes per card and sometimes 0 hash. I am not using an overclock and the only settings I changed were to add my wallet addresses and change it to mine to the dwarf pool server in the United States. I am running the default miner, the claymore ethereum.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 09:43:55 PM

UPDATE v1082:
- updated claymore-zec to 12.4

xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:07:57 PM

UPDATE v1082:
- updated claymore-zec to 12.4

right when you put out the update i was changing some claymore settings now everything is going crazy lol
2 rigs i cant even get to show back up on simplemining
im think it got corrupted or something between it all

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 594 »
  Print  

Jump to: