Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:15:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 594 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free)  (Read 834227 times)
webxass.de

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:01:56 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 10:13:23 AM by webxass.de

mhh? u ask question in a community and dont wont do get answer of the community?

first of all: im not angry Tongue
second: im not the dev Tongue

the easiest way you could go, is, to install ubuntu and amd drivers + claymore on your own ... its just a little bit copy & paste and everything is for free and then you are your own boss and dont have any strange auto starts or other processes.

the other - more hacky - way would be to search for the autostarts, kill em, replace them by your own stuff and then have nearly the same as the easier way discribed above.

but nevertheless ... i dont understand the sense when its not the 2$ per rig. Why not configuring by using the online interface? Ok, its not that cool as it could be, but that is just development Wink

PS: the dev you can get via email as mentioned IN the online interface. Wink
PPS: you will have to wait at least 24h for a responsive since there is a very big support ticket income those days ... thats why WE answer questions to give him time to build this thingie as we like it to have Wink
PPPS: you got a point on your mention about security ... probably it would be a good idea to have any kind of flag, to not load any further configuration unless that flag is unset on the RIG itself.
I just got a good idea ... probably using another USB Stick which contains a file with a sort of key or passphrase ... you have to process a simple install method where u set the path to that file ... if that file is not readable, than dont get any configs from server ... means ... as an operator of multiple rigs its just enough to place that stick on each rig ... start em ... configure em ... pull out the stick and be save ... if you really want to change something, just put the stick back in Tongue

what do u think?

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iulius99

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:42:01 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 10:53:44 AM by iulius99

At this point I think I just need to put  the file /home/miner  config.json in read only to not overwrite ... but I need a confirmation of the dev ...

Still remains the question of remote reboot, reset, stats
webxass.de

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:09:21 PM

mhhh the miner is located in /root/ so i would say, it may run with root rights ... so maybe readonly wont work.

BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:33:52 PM

The first time that I ran into this type of amazement was when the first power ASIC's hit the streets.  Keep in mind that most of the members on this forum won't trust downloading an image file because of the deep level of paranoia.  So, here were the first ASIC's, their own custom coded Linux based systems that you were supposed to configure and leave on your network without giving them a second thought.  They became a huge hit very fast, as you know.
webxass.de

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:43:49 PM

The first time that I ran into this type of amazement was when the first power ASIC's hit the streets.  Keep in mind that most of the members on this forum won't trust downloading an image file because of the deep level of paranoia.  So, here were the first ASIC's, their own custom coded Linux based systems that you were supposed to configure and leave on your network without giving them a second thought.  They became a huge hit very fast, as you know.
read it 3 times and still dont got the point what ur talking about xD

decayinjack

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:36:14 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 02:09:27 PM by decayinjack

Anyone else having watchdog issues where the systems drop to 0 hashes and need to be rebooted? Or having issues with rigs rebooting a bunch.

I purposefully left the auto reboot setting off Claymore to highlight rigs with hanging card issues and had my systems pretty stable. Starting about 5AM this morning, I've been having issues with machines at two different locations where the watchdog timers show all GPUs with OpenCL errors. Sometimes a simple reboot takes care of things. Other times the systems require a hard power cycle.

So far, I've rebooted every one of my systems(16 in total) at least once with several needing to be rebooted multiple times. These are systems that have been very stable for days and in some cases, weeks. Continuing to troubleshoot here but wondering if anyone else is seeing similar things happening.

ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s, GPU2 0.000 Mh/s, GPU3 0.000 Mh/s, GPU4 0.000 Mh/s, GPU5 0.000 Mh/s, GPU6 0.000 Mh/s
GPU0 t=42C fan=47%, GPU1 t=41C fan=47%, GPU2 t=45C fan=47%, GPU3 t=38C fan=47%, GPU4 t=43C fan=47%, GPU5 t=42C fan=47%, GPU6 t=4
0C fan=47%
WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, you need to restart miner Sad
WATCHDOG: GPU 1 hangs in OpenCL call, you need to restart miner Sad
WATCHDOG: GPU 2 hangs in OpenCL call, you need to restart miner Sad
WATCHDOG: GPU 3 hangs in OpenCL call, you need to restart miner Sad
WATCHDOG: GPU 4 hangs in OpenCL call, you need to restart miner Sad
WATCHDOG: GPU 5 hangs in OpenCL call, you need to restart miner Sad
WATCHDOG: GPU 6 hangs in OpenCL call, you need to restart miner Sad
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 02:51:02 PM

Hello! [Mining OS] staff.  Please honestly answer ...
Sincerely, I do not need to have all the comfort of the online interface, or the rebot because I have my PDU with 8 outputs, made for servers.

How do I proceed to configure it autonomously (via ssh or else) to prevent the mine's OS. automatically load conf from your server?
I've seen in /home/miner the config.json file that is used for configuration ... but I suspect that the downloaded file is overwritten, from your site, every time I turn on  my mines. Then I would like to disable the possibility that your software in the OS miners, communicate with the site for rebote, reset, view stats ...

Since YOU do not need these features, these must be useless right? SimpleminingOS IS a linux distri SPECIFICALLY built to provide online management through connection to the server. If YOU do not need those features there is absolutely no reason for you to be using SmOS.
Install ubuntu light, install all the drivers, build/deploy all the sw/miners and be happy with that, dont post irrelevant stuff on this thread.

I ask for this thing, not for non pay 2 usd/month but because I do not need all these automations ...
I think it's not necessary to pay 2 usd for an open source OS (ubuntu) ...

You are free use a different OS if the 2$ seems high to you. The fee is for using the online Server that enables remote online management for the multitude of people who find this option indispensable. I grow sick of entitled whiners who keep posting on threads crying about fees.

PS:  If you want to do something, really useful, you can write a system, distribution, management and statistics, similar to yours , BUT as an addon for the WHMCS ... so you can help others ... In this case I would have paid, even 200 usd for Such a software ...

By "Help Others" you mean be useful to your very specific set of requirements? Sure that seems reasonable, especially for the grand sum of $200.
Why don't YOU do something useful and write such a system and share it on the forums, instead of complaining/demanding what others do.

The system is what it is. Its online service only. No offline version. And thats it. the end.
I am not making custom versions or sharing my personally written code with anybody.

Right now i will froun rocket chat (someone told me about it before) and it suits my needs.
I will introduce it soon.

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 02:51:42 PM

Use
-wd 1 -r 1
in claymore command line
it will reboot automatically your rig.

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
webxass.de

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:05:18 PM

ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s, GPU2 0.000 Mh/s, GPU3 0.000 Mh/s, GPU4 0.000 Mh/s, GPU5 0.000 Mh/s, GPU6 0.000 Mh/s
GPU0 t=42C fan=47%, GPU1 t=41C fan=47%, GPU2 t=45C fan=47%, GPU3 t=38C fan=47%, GPU4 t=43C fan=47%, GPU5 t=42C fan=47%, GPU6 t=4
0C fan=47%

for any reason your gpus have any problem ... try tytus' way to autoreboot (-w 1 -r 1) ... probably lower the core speed for testing proposes.

decayinjack

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:15:43 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 03:31:36 PM by decayinjack

Thanks Tytanik. I'm purposefully not automatically rebooting because it masks issues with the systems or would take a whole machine down when only one card was acting up.

Just to be clear, it's been all of my rigs across multiple levels of overclock. 16 systems in total. These are rigs that have been very stable in the past but have all decided to flip out at the same time. The symptom is that all cards in the system throw GPU errors all at once. I was just wondering if anyone else started to see the same issues or had noticed an uptick in reboots due to automatic reboots.

Outside of Simpleming OS systems, I've also had a Windows system and a raw ubuntu system with Nvidia cards also drop off. I'm really starting to think its an issue with Claymore. It's just odd that it started so long after his last release. Maybe its an issue with the latest DAG file.

On a side note, I think it's super critical to get a new version of sgminer-gm loaded that includes the ethhash-new.cl kernel. That way, we have a fallback from Claymore if folks are having issues with it or just want to avoid the stability issues that are associated with his dev fee process. Last time that I checked, v1095, that new Kernel wasn't included. PM me if you want a copy of the version I've complied and put on my systems.
decayinjack

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:35:22 PM

Looks like Claymore has jumped to v9.5 in the last day or two. I'm going to roll that out and see if helps.
webxass.de

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:48:08 PM

Thanks Tytanik. I'm purposefully not automatically rebooting because it masks issues with the systems or would take a whole machine down when only one card was acting up.

Just to be clear, it's been all of my rigs across multiple levels of overclock. 16 systems in total. These are rigs that have been very stable in the past but have all decided to flip out at the same time. The symptom is that all cards in the system throw GPU errors all at once. I was just wondering if anyone else started to see the same issues or had noticed an uptick in reboots due to automatic reboots.

Outside of Simpleming OS systems, I've also had a Windows system and a raw ubuntu system with Nvidia cards also drop off. I'm really starting to think its an issue with Claymore. It's just odd that it started so long after his last release. Maybe its an issue with the latest DAG file.

On a side note, I think it's super critical to get a new version of sgminer-gm loaded that includes the ethhash-new.cl kernel. That way, we have a fallback from Claymore if folks are having issues with it or just want to avoid the stability issues that are associated with his dev fee process. Last time that I checked, v1095, that new Kernel wasn't included. PM me if you want a copy of the version I've complied and put on my systems.

mhh that sounds like the pool is crashing you probably ... are you solo mining or using a pool? if solomining check your wallet for a new version or a restart ... maybe there is something wrong

only way how could be affected all your systems in my eyes ... mhhh ... except of there is a problem in your powersupply at the wall ... thunderstorms or something like? maybe check the main fuse?

decayinjack

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:13:46 PM

It's across two different locations. I'm moving things over to the new version of claymore as a test. If that's not it, I'll try a different pool.
Pfeiler

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:32:43 PM

I am trying to set the gpu fan to a fixed speed but with "-tt 70 -fanmin 80" but I get an error "Failed to set new fan speed, check if miner has root access!".
Has this already been discussed? I could not find an advise to fix this.

afaik  ethdcrminer64 process runs under the user "miner" which has sudo root rights:

# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
miner         ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

Is this not enough?
xKasperke

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:38:40 PM

How can I withdraw my ETH balance to Bittrex? It doesn't transfer automatically? It says that I have to enter an IP? How to see that IP on your OS?

https://i.imgur.com/pNMpIji.png

Hover your mouse over the rig name and the ip is in that box.

Just keep in mind generally if you reduce the payout below 1 eth they (the pool) take a fee

I think your public IP address (NOT your rig IP) is required to do this.

As long as you are in same domain/network where your rig mining..... just launch browser and google "whatsmyip"

Edit: is this is dwarfpool ? If yes, they waiving fees until June 4th because of some payment delays/issues...

Do you know how much the fees are? Can't find it on their site. Thanks anwyays!

Also is there any good config to overclock my RX 480 8G GPU on your OS?
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:54:06 PM

any news on adding ethash-new.cl ?

isn't it as straightforward as just simply uploading ethash-new.cl into the sgminer-gm v5.5.5 appropriate kernel directory - if yes, you can already test ETH mining without Claymore.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
frode88

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:02:23 PM

Hello! [Mining OS] staff.  Please honestly answer ...
Sincerely, I do not need to have all the comfort of the online interface, or the rebot because I have my PDU with 8 outputs, made for servers.

How do I proceed to configure it autonomously (via ssh or else) to prevent the mine's OS. automatically load conf from your server?
I've seen in /home/miner the config.json file that is used for configuration ... but I suspect that the downloaded file is overwritten, from your site, every time I turn on  my mines. Then I would like to disable the possibility that your software in the OS miners, communicate with the site for rebote, reset, view stats ...

Since YOU do not need these features, these must be useless right? SimpleminingOS IS a linux distri SPECIFICALLY built to provide online management through connection to the server. If YOU do not need those features there is absolutely no reason for you to be using SmOS.
Install ubuntu light, install all the drivers, build/deploy all the sw/miners and be happy with that, dont post irrelevant stuff on this thread.

I ask for this thing, not for non pay 2 usd/month but because I do not need all these automations ...
I think it's not necessary to pay 2 usd for an open source OS (ubuntu) ...

You are free use a different OS if the 2$ seems high to you. The fee is for using the online Server that enables remote online management for the multitude of people who find this option indispensable. I grow sick of entitled whiners who keep posting on threads crying about fees.

PS:  If you want to do something, really useful, you can write a system, distribution, management and statistics, similar to yours , BUT as an addon for the WHMCS ... so you can help others ... In this case I would have paid, even 200 usd for Such a software ...

By "Help Others" you mean be useful to your very specific set of requirements? Sure that seems reasonable, especially for the grand sum of $200.
Why don't YOU do something useful and write such a system and share it on the forums, instead of complaining/demanding what others do.

The system is what it is. Its online service only. No offline version. And thats it. the end.
I am not making custom versions or sharing my personally written code with anybody.

Right now i will froun rocket chat (someone told me about it before) and it suits my needs.
I will introduce it soon.

its insane that people cry about 2 dollar fee.
I love your OS- made my life much easy! and Sir keep the goood  job and we love your OS! and thank you again.
webxass.de

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:19:03 PM

I am trying to set the gpu fan to a fixed speed but with "-tt 70 -fanmin 80" but I get an error "Failed to set new fan speed, check if miner has root access!".
Has this already been discussed? I could not find an advise to fix this.

afaik  ethdcrminer64 process runs under the user "miner" which has sudo root rights:

# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
miner         ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

Is this not enough?

have you tried to set fanspeed on your own manually via shell? dunno how claymore controls that but the command should also work from the shell

decayinjack

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:27:12 PM

Regarding sgminer-gm, I originally tried just adding ethhash-new.cl to the kernel folder but it's not recognized unless you have a re-compiled version of the main binary.

This is what my working sgminer-gm shows as the version: sgminer 5.5.5-gm-a
webxass.de

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:55:04 PM

Regarding sgminer-gm, I originally tried just adding ethhash-new.cl to the kernel folder but it's not recognized unless you have a re-compiled version of the main binary.

This is what my working sgminer-gm shows as the version: sgminer 5.5.5-gm-a

why not loading the complete miner and put it in the sgminer folder of SMOS instead of just loading a component which the miner doenst know cause of wrong version?

Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 594 »
  Print  

Jump to: