Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:59:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD  (Read 362328 times)
nspire210

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:46:12 PM

Patience in my opinion is the key to library. I can see this in a few years being one of my best investment. Remember replacing centralized systems like Youtube will take time but more and more people today are frustrated for being censored and their freedom of speech being taken a way. LBC in not a pump and dump coin, It is a real deal project with Dev Team working to make sure they are releasing quality products with min bugs. Yes it's not as fast at the moment but look around so many shitcoins out there that are not built on fundamentals and are at 1$ per coin and up. crazy. Im not a day trader I look for great coins thats solves great problems and invest, hold, buy at low prices and patience. This has made me great money in the last 9 months that I can now stay home with my family and see my son everyday. Buy at this price wait a couple of years and you'll see. That's just my two cents. This is not an investment advice always DYOR but LBC def have the right foundation and fundamentals. Great Job Dev team. I cant wait until centralized systems no longer exists!
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheAlchemist

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:50:52 PM

Sounds cool, keeping my eye on this one! Tons of coding though.....can you elaborate on the status of development??

And I don't understand why token's price always go only down and down?
HVCC

Activity: 93

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:36:04 PM

Hey guys!

Love this coin - would love to help the team out!

Do you have any positions available for social media management?

BitBay team member - Take your markets back!
GRR

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:35:53 AM

This project is the perfect example of some ambitious project with big potential going down the shitter because of autistic devs without the slightest grasp of investment/marketing/communication strategies refusing to show what they will, can or already did achieve. No matter how much you develop, by now so many people lost money and are turning their backs on the project, crushing all trust and confidence in this project. This is as unprofessional as it can get and as good as beyond any possible recovery in the next 2 years. For something that was around 100 million market cap you could have had at least ONE FUCKING GUY paid to do some actual marketing. This style is just a big middle finger in the face of any potential investor.

I really was into LBC and bought near ATH some months ago, but seriously, with all the other promising projects at the moment there is absolutely no reason to buy LBC in the hopes of having some gains in 2 years.
william1980

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:36:43 AM

Hello Dev

Good luck with project development.

Closely watching the progress !!! Cheers
andrei1982

Activity: 462

Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:42:12 AM

Hello Dev

GRR is looking for profit short term. I also bought some and keep accumulate.
GRR

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:56:45 AM

Hello Dev

Actually I just understand the fundamentals of investment and running a company.
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:32:42 PM

Hello Dev

That doesn't change the fact that he is right, lbry got marketing guy 2 weeks ago which is unthinkable in ttodays world. They had a guy who is still taking exams to make search engine for them, they hired a pro last month when it was obvious that 1 guy can't make it alone. Not to mention that their only measurement of success is "look at github".This isn't a way to run a project when competition is getting bigger, its not like they don't have the funds for it because with huge premine they could higher more devs.Dont get me wrong I am not saying that project is bad but team need to step up their game for lbry to be huge -thing we all want
andrei1982

Activity: 462

Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:27:57 PM

Hello Dev

That doesn't change the fact that he is right, lbry got marketing guy 2 weeks ago which is unthinkable in ttodays world. They had a guy who is still taking exams to make search engine for them, they hired a pro last month when it was obvious that 1 guy can't make it alone. Not to mention that their only measurement of success is "look at github".This isn't a way to run a project when competition is getting bigger, its not like they don't have the funds for it because with huge premine they could higher more devs.Dont get me wrong I am not saying that project is bad but team need to step up their game for lbry to be huge -thing we all want

Honestly i see no competition for Lbry ,they are far to complex then any steem,reddit,etc ..i mean we should give devs credit to come up with a decent product and then we can complain. I'm holding from June and i'm a little bit concerned but i\ll be worry Oct 2018 until then ...relax and eating a pizza Smiley)
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:55:55 PM

Hello Dev

Ah now, we see you have a shill account on BCT.

So you want LBRY to dump LBC on the market to hire more devs?

Kind of mean what you said about autistic devs, LBRY does have one. Also the other reason why LBRY doesn't have an official presence here, everyone just looking for short-term gains, investing without doing their research and then blaming crypto bubbles. It will come back in wave, not much anyone can do to force anyone's hand. I could see marketing and exposure ramping up and until recently, I don't think the platform was ready for it. Still improvements to be made on the protocol and app side, I'm excited to see it grow and progress.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
grchina

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:34:38 PM

Hello Dev

Ah now, we see you have a shill account on BCT.

So you want LBRY to dump LBC on the market to hire more devs?

Kind of mean what you said about autistic devs, LBRY does have one. Also the other reason why LBRY doesn't have an official presence here, everyone just looking for short-term gains, investing without doing their research and then blaming crypto bubbles. It will come back in wave, not much anyone can do to force anyone's hand. I could see marketing and exposure ramping up and until recently, I don't think the platform was ready for it. Still improvements to be made on the protocol and app side, I'm excited to see it grow and progress.
Tell me where i called anyone autistic and i wont say a word about lbry anymore...its not like that lbry team never sold a coin to have $ for development so i dont see why you think that my idea is bad.I am not blaming anyone for price and again if i really thought that there is no future for lbry i wouldnt be here talking to you but it seems when ever someone states the facts you just go on thinking that we are all here because profit.I am not a hypocrite and ofc i would like to have lambos but i know that libry is for long hold and again i do really like the idea for lbry protocol.It seems that when ever someone points out  flaws someone from team comes out like"look at github we are doing great you are all here because when moon"
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:05:25 PM

Sorry, got your account and GRR confused.  When has any team member promised "moon"?

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
Zeatorius

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:09:29 PM

Looks like a healthy project, starting price a little too high: however im sure we can work our way around that. Smiley

ZRX supporter.
grchina

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:26:53 PM

Sorry, got your account and GRR confused.  When has any team member promised "moon"?

Np,i never said that any team member promised moon i said that when ever someone have a complaint about something lbry related most of the time that person get accused that is in lbry just to get $ and know when moon will happen.Even some of slack mods act like this,i even once made suggestion list to improve lbry marketing and all i got for answer(from mod)was "jiggy is on twitter2".For example i keep calling new office as a gaming house because it was shown as that to us(2 people doing something on pc in it)you dont go on and buy a car that have 2 weels on it.This isnt how serious company(thing we all want for lbry to be)acts...Lbry will continue to lose trust if behaviour like this and"look and github" keeps on,in the end no one will bother to publish anything on it seeing the state behind the project Sad
uhro

Activity: 209

Join Cashbery Coin!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:35:32 AM

I'm not asking for the moon or short term gains.
If this project is going to compete, it can't be with a currency that is constantly loosing value, that isn't attractive to anyone, and I'm talking about users here, not just investors.
I have mined and traded this coin plenty in the past and have belief in the core idea, but it's going down the can because nobody around here seems to care that the value of their project is on a continuous down-slide and it will affect how both users and investors view the project.

●  CASHBERY COIN - TRANSACTION TOOL OF NEW GENERATION!
  ●  ALREADY ON THE EXCHANGE!
  ●  MAIN TOPIC  ●  GO TO SITE  ●  OUR TELEGRAM  ●  BOUNTY
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:23:51 PM

If this project is going to compete, it can't be with a currency that is constantly loosing value, that isn't attractive to anyone, and I'm talking about users here, not just investors.
I have mined and traded this coin plenty in the past and have belief in the core idea, but it's going down the can because nobody around here seems to care that the value of their project is on a continuous down-slide and it will affect how both users and investors view the project.

It is not going down for the reasons you mention, it is going down like pretty much every other Alt coin right now, it is going down because of the upcoming BTC fork.

A lot of people are selling off what Alt coins they can for BTC right now in hopes to earn free BTC gold when BTC splits in November. Just look at the value of BTC right now it is because of this. And like every other Alt coin affected by this there is another 4 weeks to go before we see a recovery. Once the fork happens prices for Alt coins will normalize slowly
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:31:37 PM

Sorry, got your account and GRR confused.  When has any team member promised "moon"?

It is not going down for the reasons you mention, it is going down like pretty much every other Alt coin right now, it is going down because of the upcoming BTC fork.

A lot of people are selling off what Alt coins they can for BTC right now in hopes to earn free BTC gold when BTC splits in November. Just look at the value of BTC right now it is because of this. And like every other Alt coin affected by this there is another 4 weeks to go before we see a recovery. Once the fork happens prices for Alt coins will normalize slowly

Agreed. Same reason it went up in March - July, every altcoin was going up. LBRY had much worse of an app, less features, no marketing, etc. Sometimes just need to ride these waves out. Personally, I bought more at 30K and I'm comfortable holding for the long term.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
GRR

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:30:31 PM

Sorry, got your account and GRR confused.  When has any team member promised "moon"?

Agreed. Same reason it went up in March - July, every altcoin was going up. LBRY had much worse of an app, less features, no marketing, etc. Sometimes just need to ride these waves out. Personally, I bought more at 30K and I'm comfortable holding for the long term.

However not all alts crashed that hard. LBC is about 1/9th of its ATH value. That means many people lost huge amounts if they kept holding, supporting the coin. Other coins made fortunes and performed extremely well due to their sole ability of being able to handle a community and actually communicate with them. Look at OMG for example. That is all investors ask. Keep them updated, show progress, try to do some marketing that attracts new investors, keep the news flowing. And not totally ignore the price crashing into oblivion for months. Even if you're working hard for months you can take 15 minutes of your time and show the actual progress so far. Anything else is just not worthy of actually investing into, which is sad because the concept could be groundbreaking in the coming years.

However, what is positive for me that I can throw in criticism and it doesn't get deleted or censored like in other threads. That is a green flag for me. The reason why I am saying this repeatedly is because it does not benefit the project in the long run, no matter how good the development is. If you scare away too many investors, nobody will ever buy it for a long time. And this may very well postpone the final success for months, if not years. So I don't give a rats ass about short term gains, but ignoring investors will never work in cryptosphere.
uhro

Join Cashbery Coin!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:31:22 PM

Ok, I don't disagree with the notion that it's a good project and there are external forces contributing to the the decline of the coins value.
But let me make my point a little more clear, the relative USD value of LBRY has consistently dropped despite what BTC is doing at any given time.  There are many coins out there that have held their ground or even made value at the same time LBRY continues to dive.
A coin like Monero gained at least 75%+ USD value in the same time LBRY when down down down.  There are many other coins that have done similar and lots of them are shitcoins that don't offer anything other than the coin.

So you can be happy with the consistent capital drop this coin is experiencing, but in the eyes of potential users and investors, it's REALLY hard to get excited about getting involved in something that is constantly loosing ground when there is tons of crap out there holding or making ground.

Like you said, the platform is strong enough that you can feel good about HODL, but something has to change before it's too late or the supporters are going to be left holding nothing.

Even with everything seemingly going down due to the bullish BTC, good altcoins retain or increase their relative USD value and market cap even when their BTC value is dropping.  Maybe you're getting lost in the math somewhere or you don't really pay attention to the USD value and market cap of coins.  Coins can be worth less BTC, but more USD over time which we are seeing among many altcoins, but LBRY isn't one of them and should be with the platform it's presenting.

uhro

Join Cashbery Coin!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:33:44 PM

However not all alts crashed that hard. LBC is about 1/9th of its ATH value. That means many people lost huge amounts if they kept holding, supporting the coin. Other coins made fortunes and performed extremely well due to their sole ability of being able to handle a community and actually communicate with them. Look at OMG for example. That is all investors ask. Keep them updated, show progress, try to do some marketing that attracts new investors, keep the news flowing. And not totally ignore the price crashing into oblivion for months. Even if you're working hard for months you can take 15 minutes of your time and show the actual progress so far. Anything else is just not worthy of actually investing into, which is sad because the concept could be groundbreaking in the coming years.

However, what is positive for me that I can throw in criticism and it doesn't get deleted or censored like in other threads. That is a green flag for me. The reason why I am saying this repeatedly is because it does not benefit the project in the long run, no matter how good the development is. If you scare away too many investors, nobody will ever buy it for a long time. And this may very well postpone the final success for months, if not years. So I don't give a rats ass about short term gains, but ignoring investors will never work in cryptosphere.

I agree, but use caution with the bolded statement.  This is an unofficial thread (not having an official thread here is a big mistake) and isn't moderated.

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: