Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:24:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog & Torn ACLs - anyone been through it?  (Read 348 times)
zachamo (OP)

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:42:23 PM

Sorry folks, I know there are other forms out there but I'm not registered to dog-specific forums (and hate registering to forums for one or two posts)- this is where I've been doing the most haunting recently so I figured I'd throw this one to you folks.

I've got a beagle-foxhound mix (Bowser B. Bellows - partial Simpsons reference) that we rescued from the Humane Society who's about 5 years old and recently started to favour one leg.. Eventually this turned into a limp and the Vet's since advised it's a torn ACL.. He's in for surgery as I type this, but before they started the operation they noticed that his OTHER leg has at least a partial tear.. I'd noticed he was iffy on both feet recently, so this doesn't totally surprise me.. They don't want to fix both legs in one operation, but suspect that he'll need a second surgery once he recovers from this one (~3 months).. At around $2500 per surgery it's got me cringing (and looking at pulling out of Bitcoin & Litecoin to afford it =/ )..  On top of that, we have 2 kids under 4 who take up most of our time, and helping poor Bowser recover.. Apparently he won't even be able to get up to pee for the first week or two..

Anyhow, sorry for the rant / vent, just shitty times between that and other things and I figured there might be some likt-minded folks out there who've been though this whole mess and might have some thoughts.

Please, no trolling.

Cheers
Z

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:53:58 PM

That's quite a rough time for you   Smiley I don't have any pet but I think I understand your situation now. I hope your Bower get well soon

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: