Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:15:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help me research a new book about Bitcoin!  (Read 476 times)
BruceFenton (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 04:13:04 PM

Hi all,

It's been a thrill to have a front row seat in this amazing space for the last several years.

I'm working on a book to both explain the tech and also tell the stories and the people behind this.

There is a lot more room for some good books on the topic and I think that some of the new wave of blockchain books are very weak without much substance.

For style, it's going to be something like Liars Poker or The Big Short crossed with The Road Ahead or What Will Be (Dertuzos) :  character driven but also primarily a work to explain what the tech really is, how it works and what this means now and for the future.

This can be something good for the industry.  Your help would be appreciated.

1) Do you have any great photos of Bitcoin history?  Early meetings, speeches etc?

2) Are you an early adopter, dev or CEO or some other person with an interesting insight to the tech or some stories that should be told?

3)  If the Bitcoin and blockchain industry was a book or movie, who would be the main characters?

4). What do you think are the key defining moments for this tech?   Was there an "ah ha" moment or a moment when you thought this has made it or would make it?

5). What are the amazing/ interesting/ funny stories that need to be told?

6). I'm interviewing people in the industry:  who should I be sure not to miss and what should I ask them?

7)  There are so many interesting things that should be covered.  Do you have any thoughts on good and clear ways to break this down?  Do you think sections by topic or people or events or by timeline might be more effective?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks very much!
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 06:09:18 PM

Bump....hoping there's a volunteer or two out there.  Smiley
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:23:06 PM

I will answer questions that I both understood and could answer :

3. Satoshi Nakamoto with no doubt I suppose ?

5. Mt.gox theft which should make people more aware on how they shouldn't trust third party websites , The Pizza that got bought for 10,000 BTC (more here : http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2013/12/23/the-bitcoin-pizza-purchase-thats-worth-7-million-today/#72ebf2e06449 )

6. Andreas Antonopoulos is definitely a guy that you should do an interview with , Trace Mayer too (He is a BTC investor in Bitpay , Kraken , Armory wallet , BitcoinMagazine and other succesfull projects)  as for the questions It's really up to you but as Trace Mayer is an investor (you should ask him economical questions more then anything else)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:30:33 PM

Simply google search will help you a lot. Here are few of my contributions :

a. Satoshi's works : http://satoshi.nakamotoinstitute.org/
b. Shorena's the one thread to link them all's history section
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:05:36 PM

3) Satoshi, Core devs, Bitcoin related website maintainers (theymos, Cobra...)

4) Defining moments were the start of the network, early miners, network updates, halvings, forks (the one in 2013 and that one time a bad client made a transaction which "created" millions of coins)

5) Bitcoins for pizza has to appear Smiley

6) Do not miss Andreas Antonopoulos, Nick Szabo, Mike Hearn and theymos.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:17:45 PM

3) starting as a revolution rising story/movie, with characters satoshi, hal, serius-m, gavin andressen.. then meandering into a wall street story with characters linked to banks

4) 2009-2012

5) social political main events
2009: genesis
2010: bitcoin pizza
2010: satoshi left
2013: banker funded company rebranded bitcoin-qt to bitcoin core
2013: banker funded company backdates its involvement to pretend they were all involved [insert random date prior to 2013] even as far 'back' as 1996
2014: banker funded company threw out some key devs who didnt agree to the new route
2014: banker funded company really started to push to destroy the ethos of bitcoin(diverse distributed independent consensus network)
2015: banker funded company really started to push to destroy the ethos of bitcoin(diverse distributed independent consensus network)
2016: banker funded company pushed even further to destroy the ethos of bitcoin(diverse distributed independent consensus network)
the future: banker funded company builds hyperledger for banks and cripples bitcoin to get people over to banker funded network
the future: banker funded company says "bitcoin was just an experiment" drops bitcoin

5) technological events
january 2009:genesis
may 2013: bitcoin DB bug

im guessing you are going to shy away from the social political events of 2013-2016 inside bitcoin, to instead probably turn it into a puff piece about how the banker funding has helped core 'organise' bitcoin.. but lets hope you dont celebrate the losses of bitcoins ethos in that way.

6)
andreas antonopoulos who seems to have a level head and great understanding
pieter wuille who seems to be the main guy behind the route bitcoin has taken these last 3 years
main things to ask them is what they see as the future of bitcoin (the bitcoin mainnet) without them diverting to promote the second layer optional services as the future of bitcoins essential lastability

7) it all depends what type of story your trying to tell, if semi biographical like the life of bitcoin, then timeline is obvious. if its more technical to explain bitcoin then chapter per topic

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 04:45:09 PM

thank you, good stuff

It wont be technical beyond the point of explaining what the tech is to people who don't understand -- mainly about the stories and people
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 04:55:00 PM

After reading question number 3. i started imagining Satoshi (if he really is an individual but not a group as that is possible too) being the main character of a movie where he is continuously thinking about the concept of bitcoin and then after making it he disappears.
It actually would have been interesting to watch if there really was a movie made on this, lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: