Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:09:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon ASIC trade-in for Icarus FPGA  (Read 592 times)
ms205 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:22:33 PM

What you know about trade-in program to replace Icarus FPGA boards to Avalon ASIC. I have 6 Icarus and hear that it may be exchanged to Avalon 1 to 1 with $299 discount and priority shipping.
No doubt, I want to take part of this offer but not know what to do because lack of information. If someone help me I will be very much thank!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
outofpaper

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:23:17 AM

I ordered 2 of the second batch but didn't have any FPGA to trade. It then received the mass mailing saying that out of batch two I was at the bottom of the pile. Are you on the mailing list? Did you order an Avelon?
ms205 (OP)

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 07:55:18 PM

I ordered 2 of the second batch but didn't have any FPGA to trade. It then received the mass mailing saying that out of batch two I was at the bottom of the pile. Are you on the mailing list? Did you order an Avelon?

I subscribed to mail list but no messages received more than a week. I can't order Avalon because 2-nd batch now closed and 3-rd still not open, but some people says that trade-in program for old customers may place orders even before regular orders of batch #2.

Taken from here:

Clear for take off, abide a week late.

Deadline has arrived so an update is in order, earlier this week the shipping problem is more or less solved and we are gearing up to dispatch the units, due to the week of delay from before compounded with lingering issues with the recovery from CNY the outlook for shipping time-frames are the following:

Starting from next Monday, units will be en route to their country of destination and tracking numbers will follow maybe 2~3 days after (it is at this point onward which you can expect an email from us with the tracking information), we expect this process to continue to the 10th of March until all the units have been shipped out, if all is well people will get their units in-hand in the middle of March.

Trade-In Situation
After much thought, we believe we have figured out the best system for Trade-Ins that will allow people to continue to mine with their FPGA as long as possible yet still able to get their ASIC on the second batch on time. The process will work as follows:

A week before batch #2 is ready to ship, we will make an announcement to those who wish to trade-in their last generation units to sent in their units, once we receive the units a custom order will be made for you to pay the difference depending on what you have trade-in, remember 1 trade-in discount/coupon is allowed per 1 Avalon unit. For clarification the shipping priority is as such:

Sorted from Highest to Lowest.

Developers - e.g. bitcoin core dev and other bitcoin contributor we feel deserve this treatment.
Trade-Ins/Old Customers - your unit will ship soon as we receive the FPGA and you've paid the difference.
Regular Batch #2 Customers - Unfortunately you are not special.

Other Fun News
This scheduled newsletter had failed because we surpassed the free 2000 MailChimp quota and manual action was required.
Christmas comes early this year. The present we got was the BFL March 1st bet earnings.
Looking back, it was not terribly surprising that failure and delay comes from the only thing not taken cared in-house, Shipping.
Lessons learned. Batch #2 process will have improvements, minor design adjustments and other goodies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: