Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:13:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardfork Confirmed. ETH and DAO Price Soaring.  (Read 7278 times)
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 10:03:33 AM

So which one are you guys ?

Obviously Im opposed to hardfork as an effective practice to bailout tards that lost money investing in the shortlived token. Its not even absurdish thats plain stupid and will drown the prices further to the underworld if idiotic devs dont back off and drop their last proposal

mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:08:48 AM

But helping them getting their money back isnt a bailout so if you didnt know this ill forgive you. Personally, i care more about not allowing a thief go away with stolen money rather than helping people getting their money back. But if they get the money back and the thief is not allowed to get away then its a double win.
And its already proven that the "idiotic proposal" won't drown the price further since its stable at 10$+ and increasing, while everything that happened pointed out that a hardfork will happen. Actually the HF news itself is increasing the price at the moment since people know the period of uncertainty will be over soon and the price will slowly rise back to 20$ , wether or not the HF will pass or not.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:27:51 AM

Come on now guys, Walmart loves rollbacks, they're decentralized right?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
mining1

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:42:58 AM

Natty, can you twerk ?
Factmine

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:46:12 AM

But helping them getting their money back isnt a bailout so if you didnt know this ill forgive you. Personally, i care more about not allowing a thief go away with stolen money rather than helping people getting their money back. But if they get the money back and the thief is not allowed to get away then its a double win.
And its already proven that the "idiotic proposal" won't drown the price further since its stable at 10$+ and increasing, while everything that happened pointed out that a hardfork will happen. Actually the HF news itself is increasing the price at the moment since people know the period of uncertainty will be over soon and the price will slowly rise back to 20$ , wether or not the HF will pass or not.

I agree with this totally. I think the Ethereum price will go to $50 in the next few months if HF is successful.
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:52:16 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 12:11:16 PM by shyliar

No matter which side of the debate you're on, a person needs to laugh a little at the fact that Kraken utilized thier customers ETH to influence the vote. Wonder if they asked everyone's permission.

http://etherscan.io/tx/0xc165ab5726c66bb3db50544981f20d143b46a3e990d7b424dbf81d5070dd6278

Bankers doing what bankers do. No surprise we already knew it was all centralized anyway.

LOL well have to agree with that. It does depend where the Bank is located or does business (In this case crypto-exchange). For example if Gemini tried to do the same thing with their customers ETH they would be subject to losing their bitcoin license.

"(c) Each Licensee is prohibited from selling, transferring, assigning, lending, hypothecating, pledging, or
otherwise using or encumbering assets, including Virtual Currency, stored, held, or maintained by, or under the
custody or control of, such Licensee on behalf of another Person except for the sale, transfer, or assignment of
such assets at the direction of such other Person."

Edit: No matter what you think of this type of regulation, it at least attempts to ensure ethical behaviour by the exchange. Perhaps this explains one of the reasons behind some exchanges not wanting to function in New York.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16838

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 12:12:47 PM

Why do people keep calling it a thief? "The Attacker" simply followed the "smart" contract. In fact, he was the only person who actually understood the contract! And the contract itself states that the contract's code is binding, there is no other interpretation possible.
A hard fork on the other hand, that is actually theft. Which is why I am very curious to see a lawsuit about this.

logictense

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 12:19:14 PM

Theres no thief, u ass... dao conflagration threatens to take the oddments of ur brain with it.

And its already proven that the "idiotic proposal" won't drown the price further since its stable at 10$+

^ This is Brilliant.

U gotto get a nobel prize for this sentence alone. Its not an argument, not even a strawman argument. What u wrote is bunch of words in random order.

Actually the HF news itself is increasing the price at the moment since people know the period of uncertainty will be over soon and the price will slowly rise back to 20$ , wether or not the HF will pass or not.

See.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:54:44 PM

My only question is if the attacker exploits another smart contract and steals millions again, will Vitalik do another hard fork again? If no, why did they do it the first time?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:09:44 PM

I don't see price soaring...

Also, I think this is the dumbest thing they could ever do. It goes against all they claimed the DAO would be and it will put a large piece of bought ether for DAO directly on the market.

Would they fork if my project lost "just" 10k ether due to a fault? No. They shouldn't do it now either.

The reason for the hard fork and therefore bailing the DAO out might be that probably some eth whales and Ethereum developers are heavily invested in that crap!
Just wow!What a presedence!
It's just a question of time before this alt is going down.The decision which has been made is against all what decentralized blockchains stand for.
Welcome to proof of Vitalik!What a scam!
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2216
Merit: 3238

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:17:24 PM

My only question is if the attacker exploits another smart contract and steals millions again, will Vitalik do another hard fork again? If no, why did they do it the first time?

That, sir, is a rhetorical question.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:35:12 PM

So much for unanimous.... As if 2.77% of all ether could quantifiably be a consensus.

Also please note the name of the forum all respondents to this thread are on. BITCOINTALK.ORG not Ethereum or any other shitcoin. If you really think so poorly of Bitcoin WTF are you doing here? As if you are some bible thumping prostitute needing to cloud minds of others by peddling the same logic/choices that clouded your own judgments in the first place.

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
logictense

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 02:20:22 PM

I can answer this. Every idiot out there knows that there was no "attacker" and slockit and ethereum crew themselves drained each and every single token from the dao letting "investors" and morons who make uniformed guesses deal with failed and toppled big business policies and bear the consequences of a subsequent meltdown in the markets, is this clear enough?

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:42:24 PM

There are many reasons for people to fud, and i understand them : 1.daytraders, fud when they want to buy, praise / shut up when they want to sell.
2. BTC bagholders (or shitcoin holders, like smooth) fearing a rival. @Smooth, sorry darling, but monero has such a bad crypto name it doesnt even worth checking out. I'd rather invest in Coynie west.
3. Jealous people.
So which one are you guys ?

I don't fall under any of your categories. I tried theDAO and was introduced to Ethereum as a necessity. I quickly discovered that both theDAO and Ethereum were unpalatable. I'm glad that I regurgitated these tokens back to the market a few days before the attack. No, I won't be crying later, either. I don't care if the Ether market is pumped up to the next galaxy. I am not a dog, so I will not be returning to my own vomit.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:12:43 PM

"Contracts are "play-for-keeps", since virtual currencies have real value. If you load money into a buggy smart contract, you will likely lose it."

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
mining1

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:19:55 PM

He's not doing any fork. They can only make proposals, and its up to miners to decide wether or not the proposal will pass. If something, somehow is exploited and a small amount of money is lost, i wouldnt go with the fork to fix it. But if its a very large amount of money, i would.
For example if somehow you made a mystake or someone exploits your contracts and you lose 10k ether, no one will care. But if youre a well intended guy and you lose 10mil ether to a single entity, then i will vote for HF not only for you to recover your money, but to not allow an ill intended person to harm the project itself.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:21:53 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 06:19:43 PM by bones261

"Contracts are "play-for-keeps", since virtual currencies have real value. If you load money into a buggy smart contract, you will likely lose it."

From what I have seen demonstrated so far, most of the smart contracts on Ethereum are buggy because the Solidarity language is basically gibberish. Only the most crudely written contracts have any chance of working correctly.
logictense

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 03:42:41 PM

Also please note the name of the forum all respondents to this thread are on. BITCOINTALK.ORG not Ethereum or any other shitcoin. If you really think so poorly of Bitcoin WTF are you doing here?

Calm down cowboy, if u moved ur butt eyeballs back to face which u sure as hell wont ever do coz u dont see it (lmao), u would see that the official announcement for carbon poll is from the official sub, and nobody has ever run the discussions of crucial importance on the bitcointalk. So its alright that all respondents are hanging out on reddit and official forums.

bible thumping prostitute needing to cloud minds of others by peddling the same logic/choices

Try not having intercourse with google translate when ur ass writes forum posts for u.

PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:48:48 PM

Try not having intercourse with google translate when ur ass writes forum posts for u.

Try using English when responding, your simple minded comments show when you cannot be bothered to write full words.

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
Atdhe

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

Atdhe Nuhiu

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:58:37 PM

Agreed. The disgusting vile FUD that's been spread by the haters has been pathetic. If you don't hold ETH you don't get a say in how it's run so why spread FUD? The ETH community has spoke in a landslide consensus.

It is not FUD. It is just our opinion of the point of block chains. Those who agree with you that block chains should be permissioned ledgers like a fiat system or Paypal, will stay with ETH.

But as others are pointing out to you, violating the raison d'être of block chains is very likely to cause you to lose most of the community support. You'll only be left with idiots, R3 bankers, and the whales who've been allegedly pumping this token by manipulating the float on Poloneix and Krakan.
Anyone involved in Ethereum have repeatedly pointed out to you all that it is not Bitcoin.

How many more times does it need to be repeated to you until it sinks in?

I agree. ETH is not Bitcoin. It has no value as money, therefore there is no value in it, therefore it has no sense to buy ETH.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: