Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:29:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Bitcoin community 100 percent certain that the early big names from 2009  (Read 697 times)
anzel2002 (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:05:37 AM

Is the Bitcoin community 100 percent certain that the early adopters and  big names from 2009 are not Satoshi Nakamoto simply hiding in plain sight?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:54:14 AM

Is the Bitcoin community 100 percent certain that the early adopters and  big names from 2009 are not Satoshi Nakamoto simply hiding in plain sight?

Of course not -- all of them have been accused of being Satoshi at some point.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 05:54:38 AM

No. There is no 'being sure' when it comes to the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto. The media, and the people in our communities would just be speculating as to who she is (or they are) as there is no conclusive evidence in that aspect. Additionally, as some people say it doesn't even matter who she is and I actually think that it is better that we don't know. Bitcoin does not need central figures such as that, it is better that they remain anonymous.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 09:45:51 AM

If you ask me it's sure because they discover bitcoin first and but i don't think that all of the people who saw bitcoin in 2009 grab that opportunity because i remember that i read that in 2009, bitcoin still no value and just a crappy thing. If i discover bitcoin in 2009 i'm very glad and relaxing now because for sure i'm now rich af.
skierchewing

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 09:48:19 AM

No, I can't be sure of something, especially of something that happened when I wasn't there.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:21:16 AM

i don't know when people are going to understand and accept that satoshi nakamoto is an anonymous identity and it has been designed this way and most probably it will continue to be this way. maybe one person or maybe a group of developers -many of those big early names- made it this way and decided to keep it that way so far.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:30:49 AM

i don't know when people are going to understand and accept that satoshi nakamoto is an anonymous identity and it has been designed this way and most probably it will continue to be this way. maybe one person or maybe a group of developers -many of those big early names- made it this way and decided to keep it that way so far.

I agree with you.
Satoshi can be man, woman, group of people or even organization or company, we don't know.
It's obvious that they choose anonymity because of legal and other reasons and we should respect it.
After all, they are not so important in this story.
We should be more interesting in idea and vision behind Bitcoin and enjoy the ride Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:15:46 PM

It is a possibility that nakamoto satoshi is not a single individual but a group of experts. They are maybe the bitcoin early adopters and big names from 2009. But everything are just opinion and a theory since bitcoin is done in secret and even if they exposed themselves today it is hard to convince the bitcoin populace that they are the legitimate group that was known to be satoshi the creator of bitcoin. So until today everything remains a mystery since its creation.
anzel2002 (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:40:52 PM

No, I can't be sure of something, especially of something that happened when I wasn't there.

Yeah, that does make sense

gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 09:36:53 AM

We can be sure, however, that this question is really boring and a waste of time.

Bitcoin was specifically designed so that it's creator-- and ideally, any other person-- their actions or motivations, doesn't matter.

Worrying about Bitcoin's creator is mostly just showing that you don't get the point.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 09:46:45 AM

We can be sure, however, that this question is really boring and a waste of time.

Bitcoin was specifically designed so that it's creator-- and ideally, any other person-- their actions or motivations, doesn't matter.

Worrying about Bitcoin's creator is mostly just showing that you don't get the point.
For thousand years people have been taught and got habituated in following a leader. Hence, for the non-libertarians, it is and it always will matter - Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?

Also, u must note that, there is a certain group having vested interest in the bitcoin economy, who wants someone to portray as Satoshi Nakamoto and then make him spell out their vision.

The two reasons stated above create the demand for Satoshi Nakamoto. And when there is a demand, free market will always supply... REAL or FAKE. Wink

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:23:24 PM

The entire core dev team has been accused to being satoshi nakamoto. Adam back is credited on the whitepaper for example, then we have szabo, hal finney... all those guys that were there pretty much since day 1. It's a very strange and fascinating story. Any of the early names could be Satoshi.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: