Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:55:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertical miner  (Read 1422 times)
Jebuswalks22 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:39:26 PM

I wanted to get thought and feed back.
I have recently hung my miner vertically and now I have been get a higher hash rate per/h and it stays way cooler with fans blowing from both sides and one blowing air straight across underneath the intake fan.

Does anyone have similar results if so plz let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:10:34 PM

Theres a guy on here (check the "goods" section in the "Marketplace" part of the forum), that sells fan duct adaptors and legs for miners so you can stand them vertically to facilitate the heat escaping easier. Saves having to hang it and risk it falling down. Also many people use wire/bar type racking and stand them to do the same thing. I cant comment on hashrate etc as my "hacked" S7LN sits under my desk with 15%fan speed and ducting with an inline 5" extractor fan blowing heat out the window (it gets very hot in the room during the day). Chip temps never go above 60c and hashrate is stable.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Jebuswalks22 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:18:20 PM

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I do have mine with wires hanging but it is also only a inch off the wire metal shelf with other wires to catch it from falling on its sides but I'll look into the feet and fan duct adaptors.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 10:26:59 AM

Can you post a picture or two of your setup?
I'm not sure what you mean by vertically.
The miners are suspended in the air and not touching the ground so you have a fan sitting below it?

(But any idea that gets your miners running cooler and hashing higher sounds like a good thing!)

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 10:14:46 PM

Do you have multiple miners?
If not, wouldn't hanging them horizontally do the same thing? (Assuming you're not touching a heat resistant surface)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 04:00:57 AM

Do you have multiple miners?
If not, wouldn't hanging them horizontally do the same thing? (Assuming you're not touching a heat resistant surface)

It's lacking a few thing's that I see.  We really could use info like what miner's he's running and number of miner's.   As different miner's could be a huge difference in watt's used and heat.   

A picture of setup and further specifications would let us know a lot more.  I personally have always positioned miners horizontally never have had the need to try vertical setup.   With my mining area horizontal works just fine no performance issue's.  I do use a decent amount of CFM's though during midwest heat during summer to keep gear cool.   So vertical setup.... very much depends on your setup.  Have not seen a decent sized mining area use vertical setup that I can think of though.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:55:07 PM

Different positioning shouldn't influence the hashing speed as the chips are not affected by their placement.

Only thing I can imagine really is that the chip was throtteling in it's old position due to insufficient cooling, which explains both the higher hash rate and the cooler operating temperature.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:09:19 PM

A vertical setup might make sense if you had very high ceilings and were able to make some sort of rack that would take advantage of the space.
I guess it all depends on the type of miner, the type of rack, the space its in.
Really need some pictures here to give any advice, I think.

Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 09:30:10 PM

I wanted to get thought and feed back.
I have recently hung my miner vertically and now I have been get a higher hash rate per/h and it stays way cooler with fans blowing from both sides and one blowing air straight across underneath the intake fan.

Does anyone have similar results if so plz let me know.

What hash rate have you before and how much now ? I want to k ow of your increase. It must be the cooling. Being vertical must let the air flow better and come from all places instead of obstructed.

Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:13:43 PM

Different positioning shouldn't influence the hashing speed as the chips are not affected by their placement.

Only thing I can imagine really is that the chip was throtteling in it's old position due to insufficient cooling, which explains both the higher hash rate and the cooler operating temperature.

Exactly the position in itself has 0 influence on the hashrate, it isn't a balloon:). However for the heat removal it could help. Never thought about that thanks for sharing this idea.

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
Jebuswalks22 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:47:14 AM

Sorry I haven't got back to post been busy but I have a s5 antminer.
Jebuswalks22 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:12:29 AM

Only one miner and I live in antelope valley.in southern California
I do have high ceilings In the room where miner is in.
 I also did it because ithe makes it easier to clean it have dog that gets hair everywhere and having it hanging up with fan blowing on from underneath and the sides which is actually the bottom and top of the miner.

I will post up a pic soon after I clean it in the next few days
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: