Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tradehill: Suspending Trading IAFCU funds available for withdrawal  (Read 1358 times)
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 05:04:32 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 06:33:19 AM by Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

We have recently made the decision to temporarily suspend trading on the Tradehill platform.

Internet Archive Federal Credit Union has experienced operational and regulatory issues and we are no longer able to continue our relationship at this time.

Our unique relationship with IAFCU allowed our clients to hold their Tradehill balance in an account opened in their name and federally insured. If you had an account with Tradehill after our integration with IAFCU and would like to withdraw your funds please contact msr@archive.org

We look forward to resuming operations soon.

Sincerely,

Jered Kenna
Chief Executive Officer
Tradehill

Edit: IAFCU's statement  https://internetcreditunion.org/uncategorized/rocky-road-is-still-one-of-my-favorite-flavors/

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:09:54 AM

We have recently made the decision to temporarily suspend trading on the Tradehill platform.

Internet Archive Federal Credit Union has experienced operational and regulatory issues and we are no longer able to continue our relationship at this time.

Our unique relationship with IAFCU allowed our clients to hold their Tradehill balance in an account opened in their name and federally insured. If you had an account with Tradehill after our integration with IAFCU and would like to withdraw your funds please contact msr@archive.org

Sincerely,

Jered Kenna
Chief Executive Officer
Tradehill

Jered, can you provide more details regarding your plans for the near future?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 05:34:13 AM

Sincerely,

Jered Kenna
Chief Executive Officer
Tradehill

Jered, can you provide more details regarding your plans for the near future?

I'd hate to ruin the surprise. We'll have something to announce in a few weeks at most.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 05:36:56 AM

Sincerely,

Jered Kenna
Chief Executive Officer
Tradehill

This is really disappointing. Jered, would you say that options to exchange fiat for bitcoins are expanding with time or contracting? From my limited viewpoint it seems like the noose is tightening... (at least in the US). Just curious about your high level perspective on this.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 06:29:35 AM

Sincerely,

Jered Kenna
Chief Executive Officer
Tradehill

This is really disappointing. Jered, would you say that options to exchange fiat for bitcoins are expanding with time or contracting? From my limited viewpoint it seems like the noose is tightening... (at least in the US). Just curious about your high level perspective on this.

In my opinion they're expanding. There have been and most likely will continue to be periods were it expands then contracts.
One of the benefits to increasing regulation is more traditional players entering the space. I anticipate a time when you'll be able to buy Bitcoin through a traditional investment account or ForEx account. That will never happen before it's much more regulated, but I'd imagine when it does get there some businesses will close and others will adopt Bitcoin making buying and selling much easier for the end user.

Great question though which no one had asked me yet.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:40:20 PM

Like last time, right?

Next time listen to your betters BEFORE you have to be publicly humiliated, smartass.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
inge

Activity: 298

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 04:38:59 PM

Good luck.
isnowblind

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:29:28 PM

Hi,
I am still waiting for my funds to be returned by Tradehill / Jered Kenna. About 6 months ago I sent an email to Tradehill, Jered responded, confirmed my account balance and requested a BTC address so he could send the funds. He said he would send out the funds but never did. I have sent multiple gentle 'reminder' emails to both his address and the info address but have never received a response.
Has anyone heard from him or received funds recently?
Thanks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: