Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:03:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (JWL) JEWELS 🔷 HEROES LAUNCHED 🔷 1ST JWL USE CASE 🔷 TRADING ON BITTREX  (Read 212603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:46:33 AM

What exchanges will this be on after the 1st.

I hope bittrex will be one of them right away. They can buy the listing for 3 btc. On a 200 btc ico 3 btc is nothing big but if it only does 70 btc then 3 btc is a lot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nick70001

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:17:21 AM

Hi Chris

https://1ex.trade/

This is a new exchange that is looking for legitimate coins to list. There is no fee just an application form. If Peter the developer can verify the coin is not a scam and has long term potential he will list it. Don't take my word for it, have a look and see what you think. Getting on many exchanges will help.

Cheers
Nick
Sourgummies

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:31:47 AM

Hi Chris

https://1ex.trade/

This is a new exchange that is looking for legitimate coins to list. There is no fee just an application form. If Peter the developer can verify the coin is not a scam and has long term potential he will list it. Don't take my word for it, have a look and see what you think. Getting on many exchanges will help.

Cheers
Nick

I agree.

The more exchanges we're on the better for the jewels market and distribution. And while on the topic of exchanges right now JWL is costing 340- sat each with 71.5 btc at 20,000,000 Still really really cheap for what's already been built.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:44:44 AM

What platform will Jewels be issued on?  Counterparty?
Sourgummies

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:51:00 AM

What platform will Jewels be issued on?  Counterparty?
It's own blockchain.
It's going to be used in the pro4 never games as the premium currency. Not being used like an asset which is what I think you mean.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:07:31 AM

Shouldn't the dev be focused on building the game instead of a new cryptocurrency?
Sourgummies

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:22:34 AM

Shouldn't the dev be focused on building the game instead of a new cryptocurrency?

I'll be nice because you seem cool. The dev is focusing on building new games namely Hero's and Project Rebirth. And has already completed Apex. Jewels is going to be the currency of his games and hopefully many others games of the future.

If you read the op and listen to him in his video, and browse their twitter you'll understand how much potential jewels has for future growth.
brianlee01

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:26:40 AM

How much did each of those people pay to get there?  Shocked

The comparison isn't really fair though. Riot has thousands of employees and billions of dollars in investor money (and profits). Their esports cost them money but they treat it as a way to advertise the game and build longevity to the brand.

That being said their world championships are always impressive. I know in 2014 they sold out a 45,000 seat auditorium for the finals in Korea and in 2015 there was a viewership of 35 million people.

I'm well aware that people always have the mentality of the "next world of warcraft" or the "next league of legends" but such comparisons are neither realistic nor are they particularity helpful. A better example or goal would be Path of Exile. They are a team of developers who got impatient waiting for a 'real' diablo game (they hated diablo 3 and felt it was too focused on casual gamers) so they started their own company and built the game from the ground up. Their game is very much targeted at niche groups (it's VERY unforgiving to new players and requires a lot of math and theory crafting to be successful) but because they have stuck so closely to their initial goals and done such a great job at building their community, their game is worth many millions of dollars now.

The core idea is very much the same idea as project rebirth. We are developers who truly and un-ironically enjoyed conquer online but feel that the company that owns the IP has managed it in a horrible way and that the core game mechanics can be pushed so much further. We've done a lot with apex and will do even more with heroes to push the game mechanics in new and exciting directions but rebirth is very much the same driving concept as Path of Exile had in regards to Diablo. Take what you like about the genre and do it really, really well. Don't try to make a billion dollar game, try to make something that tens or hundreds of thousands of players will desperately want.

Here is a great couple articles about their approach.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/28/5451410/how-is-ethical-free-to-play-path-of-exile-faring
http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/10/path-of-exile-crowdfunding/

How long do you think it could take for a business like your to grow as big as Riot. Can you see yourself getting there in the next 10 years given the right people and all. I think you can but Id like to hear it from you.
RoseMann

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:51:02 AM

The dev is focused on building the game, his newest project Heroes is suppose to launch near the start of September. The purpose of Jewels is to fund development for his large scale upcoming project called Rebirth. Apex and Heroes simply demonstrate to us or well at least to me that the dev is competent and knows what he's doing. His past shows me that he knows how a community, cater towards the gamers playing his games and monetize it successfully.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 04:07:09 AM

The dev is focused on building the game, his newest project Heroes is suppose to launch near the start of September. The purpose of Jewels is to fund development for his large scale upcoming project called Rebirth. Apex and Heroes simply demonstrate to us or well at least to me that the dev is competent and knows what he's doing. His past shows me that he knows how a community, cater towards the gamers playing his games and monetize it successfully.

I don't see why he would spend development time building a new cryptocurrency when he could leverage an existing one instead.
RoseMann

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 04:18:35 AM

I don't see why he would spend development time building a new cryptocurrency when he could leverage an existing one instead.

I agree since the currency doesn't need to do much. They could be leveraging an existing one by simply cloning an existing coin which wouldn't take a lot of time to make small modifications as required or use an asset on a coin like NXT, BTS, XCP etc. I think they did state at the at some point they could do an asset swap if they required the power of another block chain like ETH's smart contracts.

Sourgummies

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 04:46:14 AM

I agree since the currency doesn't need to do much. They could be leveraging an existing one by simply cloning an existing coin which wouldn't take a lot of time to make small modifications as required or use an asset on a coin like NXT, BTS, XCP etc. I think they did state at the at some point they could do an asset swap if they required the power of another block chain like ETH's smart contracts.

Where did they talk about a swap?
RoseMann

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:25:17 AM

Where did they talk about a swap?

My bad

On the note of smart contracts, I personally have looked into Etherum but have not had much chance to experiment with or learn Solidity although it seems like a fairly straight forward language. While at this time I'm not 100% sure about everything gambling related being able to fit under a smart contracts it is an idea we're open to. I'm aware of the fact that we can utilize an Etherum token stored in a smart contract and effectively do an asset swap when we're ready to pursue the smart contract route. I'd like to stress though with the recent incident of the DAO it's clear that this route is something that should not be rushed so we see this more as an end-game idea. Definitely we will need to consult with parties who are more familiar with Solidity and smart contract development to ensure we don't unleash another disaster like that. If you know anyone who's had some decent experience with Solidity and Etherum, I'd love to have a chat with them so please encourage them to email us at jewels@apexconquer.com or better yet reach out to us via Slack.

They were talking about using ETH's smart contracts, but not an "asset" per say like a XCP asset in the BCY sense.

LegendaryGamer

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:03:31 AM

You know they are focusing on development right? Literally posted today
https://steemit.com/jewelscoin/@pro4never/development-update-29-8-2016
nor9850

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 06:44:17 AM

less than 48 hrs lets go guys we can do it .... !
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:32:41 AM

Tick tock, tick tock. I'm sending over another couple of Bitcoin today and that is me maxed out. If I had more spare I would, we're talking about a 300sat coin currently that already has a big userbase and game practically ready what you can play in Beta, not mentioning Apex. Undervalued?
Bomgkolyadun

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:52:18 AM

Bitcoin one I sent. Good luck to the project!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:43:58 AM

there is escrow or not?

Why would you use a escrow who may be anonymous and not just trust the dev who is upfront with his identity. Rhetorical question. The answer to you is, no escrow. Either trust the dev or don't.

Well, maybe use one of the escrows others have used for 1000's of BTC projects before on here who's identity is known?

That is not a rhetorical question.

I don't understand the use of the inherent safety people feel when using escrows. It makes no difference unless the escrow is done with a series of goals or benchmarks. For example, complete the following and then X number of bitcoins more are released so you can complete the next goal. Take a project like Waves for example which raised like 30k BTC. All they had to do was launch the network, which they did using an unmodified Scorex Framework which is stated by it's own developer is not meant to be used in a production environment but rather simply for testing. Regardless, because they were able to launch the network, here you go Waves team enjoy your 30k BTC to do whatever the fuck you want with it.

How did that provide any security for the investors? So when people ask "is there an escrow" all I can think is if that's the full length of your question then...  Roll Eyes

You are correct. There should be milestones for release of funds especially in 1000BTC +projects.

However, I guess even a release of a coin is better than nothing. Many devs dont release anything and just run with the funds.

You shouldn't make yourself look stupid and put this in any kind of shitty category your attempting too. If that is what you think, would you like a wager? I will bet you what I have invested here that they don't run with no funds. You know why I am sure? Because I spend hours researching and maybe you should before you post. Anyway find an escrow and I have 2btc to have a friendly wager with you if you like. and you lilbear, infact anyone that cries escrow when they don't have a dime to their name or invested shit. gtfo lol

You should learn to spell and punctuate before calling out others stupidity.  

You will be noted down as a possible scammer.

If I put a poll in the main section asking would people prefer escrows with mile stones vs devs holding all the funds from the start then you will start to realise that your opinions matter nothing to anyone but yourself.

Others here advocating devs holding all funds from the start are suspect too.

Does not matter one bit how reliable YOU judge this dev to be. It sets a bad example for other projects.

Escrows with milestones should be the protocol set for all ICO's no exceptions.

Stop assuming others don't have a dime to their name. WTF do you know about others financial position.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:55:56 AM

Tick tock, tick tock. I'm sending over another couple of Bitcoin today and that is me maxed out. If I had more spare I would, we're talking about a 300sat coin currently that already has a big userbase and game practically ready what you can play in Beta, not mentioning Apex. Undervalued?

A coin like this should be in the thousands of satoshi IMHO. It is a freemarket as we all know so let's let that decide if it is under valued.

When you already have a working game and like damiano said a new one in beta it makes this so cheap it is criminal.
For example go find a 20 million supply coin that has the development this has and find the price.
The freemarket will rate this very high in the short and medium term, long term speaks for itself once the roadmap is complete.

Have you tried the Heroes Beta? It is pretty cool and I can see it will be popular with current gamers and us crypto gamers. I have took a quick look at the marketcap and you would be hard pressed to find a coin with this supply, without mentioning the Devs work. Needless to say with the work on rebirth the sky is the limit if we get great adoption.

Meuh5598i

Activity: 248
Merit: 110

#epigencare #ICO https://ico.epigencare.com/

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:02:32 AM

How much total BTC raised so far?what if dev can't get the desire targeted amount of btc?

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: