Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:22:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is useless now.  (Read 13920 times)
Simran (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 10:41:18 PM

The main purpose for Bitcoin was anonymity and decentralization. Another main point was Silk Road. Well...............

A lot of you faggits were saying that you couldn't buy shit with LTC, but now you can, and we on that new SR shit.... and it's called Atlantis..

With LTC being a clone of BTC like most of you say, it offers one main point(Out of others) and that is it being faster..

What's the point of downloading a slow as shit blockchain and slow as shit transaction that take fucking forever to confirm, when you use LTC for the same purpose now and faster.

Why do people prefer old v1.0 slow shit with problems that have been fixed in v2.0(Litecoin)? Idk, they just can't accept the fact that there's newer and better things out there. It's like a parent, it teaches it child to be better than the parent and succeed, and Bitcoin is Litecoin's Mom or Dad(Whatever you want it to be), and has taught it a lot of things, and Litecoin has taken those teachings. With that said, parents get old and don't live forever, Bitcoin is getting old and slow, so Litecoin is new and energetic(fast), come on it's obvious, a 50 year old doesn't have the same energy as a 20 year old... and if you deny that, you must be old and in denial yourself.

Now, some of the faggits might say "Well, Bitcoin has only be around few a small amount of years", yeah foo, have you ever heard of Crypto years?

1 year = 12.5 crypto years(for BTC)
1 year = 20 crypto years(for LTC) //All depends on the coding and what not is how the years are calculated.

Anyhow, I think it would be appropriate for users to accept LTC as a newer and better cryptocurrency than to BTC.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:42:45 PM

wooo saaa nephew lol  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:46:39 PM

litecoin tanking?

bitcoinusernotaffected

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:48:25 PM

Bitcoin is still much more widely accepted.  I can fit the number of ways in which to spend Litecoins on one hand.
FullLife

Activity: 503

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:51:50 PM

Bitcoin is still much more widely accepted.  I can fit the number of ways in which to spend Litecoins on one hand.

I'm sure this will change sooner rather than later.
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 10:55:50 PM

unplanned hard fork in block chain because of conflicting bitcoin clients?

#LitecoinUserNotAffected

Cheesy

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:58:46 PM

It's like a parent, it teaches it child to be better than the parent and succeed, and Bitcoin is Litecoin's Mom or Dad(Whatever you want it to be), and has taught it a lot of things, and Litecoin has taken those teachings. With that said, parents get old and don't live forever, Bitcoin is getting old and slow, so Litecoin is new and energetic(fast), come on it's obvious, a 50 year old doesn't have the same energy as a 20 year old... and if you deny that, you must be old and in denial yourself.

I hope Litecoin isn't teaching Bitcoin how to suck eggs.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:59:39 PM

Bitcoin price goes over $50?

#LitecoinUserNotAffected
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 11:46:43 PM

Let's take a chill pill. LTC gained real value in the last two weeks. On top of that, SR has been around for a good while, and Atlantis has just recently popped up (to my knowledge, I first read about it today). So let's take a deep breath. A crypto with a $500+ million market cap isn't just going to disappear because a smaller, just recently viable one has a website for weed.  Roll Eyes
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 11:48:52 PM

Let's take a chill pill. LTC gained real value in the last two weeks. On top of that, SR has been around for a good while, and Atlantis has just recently popped up (to my knowledge, I first read about it today). So let's take a deep breath. A crypto with a $500+ million market cap isn't just going to disappear because a smaller, just recently viable one has a website for weed.  Roll Eyes

You guys keep thinking about the value of the coins, but not what they have to offer :facepalm:

*Image Removed*
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:18:26 AM

And you keep making retarded posts. "Bitcoin is dead" title threw me off right away, then I read the post, and halfway through I saw the OP name and it all made sense.

Things are going a certain way, your post achieves nothing.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:18:55 AM

The main purpose for Bitcoin was anonymity and decentralization. Another main point was Silk Road. Well...............
Anyhow, I think it would be appropriate for users to accept LTC as a newer and better cryptocurrency than to BTC.

You misunderstand the paradigm shift introduced by bitcoin. The purpose is not to provide anonymity, but privacy. There are ways to disguise bitcoins to make it hard to crack down on privacy, but given enough effort one can do it. Each time you transfer bitcoins, or another cryptocurrency for that matter, you compromise your privacy, because it allows you to connect the specific address to your trade. Thus you should choose wisely with whom you want to trade if you want to hide funds. There will be huge gateways in place which operate on the interface between bitcoin and other monetary systems, and those will be the points in the system where you will loose your privacy. However, for the same reason huge financial hubs can be established in politically immune countries whose sole purpose is to disguise funds and restore privacy.

The main point of bitcoin is that it transfers economic freedom and control back to the people. More people will grasp the implications of this, as governmental currencies around the world get decapitalized.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
simonk83

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:23:45 AM

A lot of you faggits were saying that you couldn't buy shit with LTC, but now you can, and we on that new SR shit.... and it's called Atlantis..

With LTC being a clone of BTC like most of you say, it offers one main point(Out of others) and that is it being faster..

What's the point of downloading a slow as shit blockchain and slow as shit transaction that take fucking forever to confirm, when you use LTC for the same purpose now and faster.

Why do people prefer old v1.0 slow shit with problems that have been fixed in v2.0(Litecoin)? Idk, they just can't accept the fact that there's newer and better things out there. It's like a parent, it teaches it child to be better than the parent and succeed, and Bitcoin is Litecoin's Mom or Dad(Whatever you want it to be), and has taught it a lot of things, and Litecoin has taken those teachings. With that said, parents get old and don't live forever, Bitcoin is getting old and slow, so Litecoin is new and energetic(fast), come on it's obvious, a 50 year old doesn't have the same energy as a 20 year old... and if you deny that, you must be old and in denial yourself.

Now, some of the faggits might say "Well, Bitcoin has only be around few a small amount of years", yeah foo, have you ever heard of Crypto years?

1 year = 12.5 crypto years(for BTC)
1 year = 20 crypto years(for LTC) //All depends on the coding and what not is how the years are calculated.

I can't tell if this is a joke post or not....

I'm just going to assume it must be.  No-one's that stupid.
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 12:24:36 AM

The main point of bitcoin is that it transfers economic freedom and control back to the people. More people will grasp the implications of this, as governmental currencies around the world get decapitalized.

That's the same point that Litecoin offers, but it's a better software than Bitcoin as it is more updated.

*Image Removed*
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:25:06 AM

You guys keep thinking about the value of the coins, but not what they have to offer :facepalm:

It's not all about value, but value is a pretty good indicator of how well established a cryptocurrency is, and the general size of the foothold. If no one but personal traders accepted BTC, you better believe the price wouldn't be where it is. Which goes to show that with a higher price comes a [more] widespread acceptance of a coin as a medium of trade, and a much stronger role in the economy/everyday lives.
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 12:25:14 AM

And you keep making retarded posts. "Bitcoin is dead" title threw me off right away, then I read the post, and halfway through I saw the OP name and it all made sense.

Things are going a certain way, your post achieves nothing.

Does my ASCII encoded message look like it gives a fuck? Roll Eyes

*Image Removed*
Bytas

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:35:01 AM

The number of times you insulted BITCOIN users in opne post is disturbing.

"you faggits" is not a good description of the average bitcoin user.

YES, i do believe in Litecoin!
YES, i am investing in it!

But if you want to bring out crytpocurrencies to the big public, advertizing an investing in BITCOIN is the first step.

Don't even think for one minute that you can convince someone that has never heard about cryptocurrecies to invest in litecoin, a currency that has no worth, no stability and no history that proves something.

If litecoin really is better than bitcoin, (which i might accept as a fact if enough proof is presented), people that know the system will switch regardless. For now, praise BITCOIN for being the pioneer of its kind, and for giving us an opportunity to prove to people that it is a valid system.
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 01:40:55 AM

The number of times you insulted BITCOIN users in opne post is disturbing.

"you faggits" is not a good description of the average bitcoin user.

YES, i do believe in Litecoin!
YES, i am investing in it!

But if you want to bring out crytpocurrencies to the big public, advertizing an investing in BITCOIN is the first step.

Don't even think for one minute that you can convince someone that has never heard about cryptocurrecies to invest in litecoin, a currency that has no worth, no stability and no history that proves something.

If litecoin really is better than bitcoin, (which i might accept as a fact if enough proof is presented), people that know the system will switch regardless. For now, praise BITCOIN for being the pioneer of its kind, and for giving us an opportunity to prove to people that it is a valid system.

Disturbing? The fuck? You in elementary school? 

*Image Removed*
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:51:14 AM

That's the same point that Litecoin offers, but it's a better software than Bitcoin as it is more updated.
Yes. That's the selling point of most cryptocoins. There is no inherent technological competitive advantage of bitcoin over any copycat - mainly BECAUSE they are copycats (maybe with the exception of the economic cost to perform a 51% attack). The value lies in the monetization of bitcoin, which allows you to move significant wealth without disturbing the price signal.

In the end it's a similar situation to facebook. Once users are bound to a specific platform, it's hard to convert them to something else, unless there is a specific feature they need and is not provided by the current platform.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 01:51:57 AM

Yes. That's the selling point of most cryptocoins. There is no inherent technological competitive advantage of bitcoin over any copycat - mainly BECAUSE they are copycats (maybe with the exception of the economic cost to perform a 51% attack). The value lies in the monetization of bitcoin, which allows you to move significant wealth without disturbing the price signal.

In the end it's a similar situation to facebook. Once users are bound to a specific platform, it's hard to convert them to something else, unless there is a specific feature they need and is not supplied by the current platform.

"copycat", you do realize Bitcoin is open source?

*Image Removed*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: