Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:59:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is useless now.  (Read 13920 times)
Simran (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 08:33:27 PM

I really don't care too much about litecoin. basically all this thread is about someone telling "my coin is better than yours because I painted one side with green“

No, my coin is better than yours because the technology is better, can't be controlled by the government, and is faster.

If you like being slow, then tell your wife, GF, or bitch that you're gonna stroke slow in bed cause it's better, vatos. LOL.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:46:57 PM

If you like being slow, then tell your wife, GF, or bitch that you're gonna stroke slow in bed cause it's better, vatos. LOL.

Sometimes slower is better... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1XozsBN5Z4

Simran (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 08:53:09 PM

Sometimes slower is better... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1XozsBN5Z4

Saw Lil' Wayne, closed tab. That would probably be the worst defense anyone would have. Just no, pls, remove that link.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
FixDragonsTalePlease

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:58:56 PM

Why have no buses hit you yet Simran...

or trains...

or boats..

or other large vehicles you should get hit by...
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 04:14:58 AM

GeistGeld is much faster than litecoin, and is not tailored for botnets the way the scrypt coins are. It can be merged-mined alongside bitcoin so if a fast confirmations coin is needed, GeistGeld fits nicely.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
redrider

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:13:59 PM

The main purpose for Bitcoin was anonymity and decentralization. Another main point was Silk Road. Well...............
Anyhow, I think it would be appropriate for users to accept LTC as a newer and better cryptocurrency than to BTC.

You misunderstand the paradigm shift introduced by bitcoin. The purpose is not to provide anonymity, but privacy. There are ways to disguise bitcoins to make it hard to crack down on privacy, but given enough effort one can do it. Each time you transfer bitcoins, or another cryptocurrency for that matter, you compromise your privacy, because it allows you to connect the specific address to your trade. Thus you should choose wisely with whom you want to trade if you want to hide funds. There will be huge gateways in place which operate on the interface between bitcoin and other monetary systems, and those will be the points in the system where you will loose your privacy. However, for the same reason huge financial hubs can be established in politically immune countries whose sole purpose is to disguise funds and restore privacy.

The main point of bitcoin is that it transfers economic freedom and control back to the people. More people will grasp the implications of this, as governmental currencies around the world get decapitalized.

cool, so i can get my 400 stolen coins back?

Cheesy That's the perfect answer!

I'm cereal.  I would really like that back.  I’ll split it with you if you find the track suited russian scam bag who took it.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:54:07 PM

There are ways to disguise bitcoins to make it hard to crack down on privacy, but given enough effort one can do it.
Ask me again when they have institutionalized mining and have established tracer gateways all around the world. I said it requires effort. As a matter of fact the effort has to be made before tagged coins go into circulation. And that effort hasn't been made yet.

Cracking down privacy is a classic arms race. If you don't know how to handle your tools you're easy prey. Same goes for protecting your coins - no offense.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
bitcoinnix

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 07:24:42 PM

There are ways to disguise bitcoins to make it hard to crack down on privacy, but given enough effort one can do it.
Ask me again when they have institutionalized mining and have established tracer gateways all around the world. I said it requires effort. As a matter of fact the effort has to be made before tagged coins go into circulation. And that effort hasn't been made yet.

Cracking down privacy is a classic arms race. If you don't know how to handle your tools you're easy prey. Same goes for protecting your coins - no offense.
Don't coin mixing services cut down on that possibility quite a bit?
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:18:02 PM

Don't coin mixing services cut down on that possibility quite a bit?
To a degree. And it all depends on volume. If you want to mix 100 BTC within 10 days, you may need to have a minimum of 10,000 BTC traffic in 10 days from uncorrelated sources (*number made up for the sake of illustration). The exact ratio between traffic and decorrelation target should be obvious to the coin mix operator. What you want is that each outgoing 1 BTC contains an equal amount of coins from all incoming sources. If you have 100 sources, that means 0.01 BTC from each source. Also you need to split the outgoing payment temporally, for the obvious reasons...

Right now, exchanges are a cheap way to mix your coins. However, many exchanges will soon prevent anonymous accounts and go through a verification procedure. This allows law enforcement to connect coins to personal information at particular choke points within the system.

And if somebody comes up with a technical solution to mix coins anonymously, expect the governments to go after that - with force.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Un zafado cualquiera

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

aquí dice algo personal.

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:03:46 AM

I really don't care too much about litecoin. basically all this thread is about someone telling "my coin is better than yours because I painted one side with green“

No, my coin is better than yours because the technology is better, can't be controlled by the government, and is faster.

Bingo!!
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 08:05:52 PM

Simran is trolling again. That guy really wants his LiteCoins to go up but spewing nonsense about BitCoin will only give LiteCoin a worse name than it has already.

Right now 1NVC = 0.012BTC, 1LTC = 0.00754BTC

LTC is losing to an upstart coin that had the disadvantage of a huge pre-mine. That's how much faith people have in LiteCoin.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:33:16 AM

I think LTC has held up pretty well during this BTC rise.  Whenever the next lull of bitcoin activity is, expect a huge surge in LTC/BTC ratio.  I'm predicting 0.02 in the next 2 months.

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:15:31 PM

The original altcoin battle

sound familiar

Grin
benjammin1986

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:01:04 PM

Have you looked into DarkCoin? I believe it's a truly anonymous coin and so is Zerocoin (to be released). Bitcoin is clearly outdated with bad fundamental. We need a new 2nd gen coin!
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:44:32 PM

How is BTC outdated when it's still in Beta and receives updates? More like the pump-and-dump alt scams are getting old.

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 04:00:19 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 04:12:34 PM by pandher

How is BTC outdated when it's still in Beta and receives updates? More like the pump-and-dump alt scams are getting old.

There are innovative and faster currencies than bitcoin now. Only thing bitcoin is still around and working is because it was the 'first'
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: