Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:54:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You have BTC ready when Avalon 3 batch opens?  (Read 1975 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 02:57:13 AM

I know not everyone can keep $1500+ worth of btc in a wallet ready to go but knowing that Avalon may open up batch#3 orders are you filling up a wallet right now with ample funds to make a purchase when it is available? You can only pay with bitcoin it seems and if a lot of people do not have enough coin available some times it takes 2-4 days to get into an wallet. I'm very interested in the Avalon's of course because they are the real thing, not some idea or farse but I'm not sure how to hold the funds. I'd love to buy $1500 worth of bitcoin and stick it in a wallet right now, but in just a few days that could drop to $1200 very easily. Hard to do when it is pinned to a dollar amount, right?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 02:58:44 AM

I know not everyone can keep $1500+ worth of btc in a wallet ready to go but knowing that Avalon may open up batch#3 orders are you filling up a wallet right now with ample funds to make a purchase when it is available? You can only pay with bitcoin it seems and if a lot of people do not have enough coin available some times it takes 2-4 days to get into an wallet. I'm very interested in the Avalon's of course because they are the real thing, not some idea or farse but I'm not sure how to hold the funds. I'd love to buy $1500 worth of bitcoin and stick it in a wallet right now, but in just a few days that could drop to $1200 very easily. Hard to do when it is pinned to a dollar amount, right?

Likely this will increase demand so you should see price around this level or higher.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 02:59:29 AM

well with the prices going up on every batch who knows if they will charge 1500 for b#3

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 03:01:45 AM

well with the prices going up on every batch who knows if they will charge 1500 for b#3

Hopefully we will see price stay the same or maybe slightly less with expanded volume.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
FreedomCoin

Freedom to choose

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 03:07:18 AM

Likely this will increase demand so you should see price around this level or higher.

funny how batch 3 was suggested and btc went over $50 per BTC, also a trading company announced they will have bitcoin investments today.

davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 03:43:59 AM

I'd love to buy $1500 worth of bitcoin and stick it in a wallet right now, but in just a few days that could drop to $1200 very easily. Hard to do when it is pinned to a dollar amount, right?

Buy $2000 worth just in case  Cheesy
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:21:11 AM

also a trading company announced they will have bitcoin investments today.

link?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:22:48 AM

BitPay is said to be the payment processor for batch 3.

Y'all might also think about creating BitPay accounts, and maybe funding them if that's an option, and learning how they work.

Account > guest checkout.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:25:03 AM

The last time Batch 2 opened up the BTC/USD price went down since many people saw it as a selling opportunity to dump BTC to people who needed it for pre-orders (I'm assuming that was the reason).

I'm guessing today's run was due to the shit storm in Europe.  Nothing says use bitcoin than having the government seize your assets and pilfer what they feel is their "fair share".

Fair share....hmph....where have I heard that before?  Roll Eyes
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:39:32 AM

As bitcoin price is increasing, you should buy bitcoin right now. When batch#3 open, you may still have enough amount.
Newscastix

Activity: 349

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 06:25:17 PM

link?

+1
FreedomCoin

Freedom to choose

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:39:41 PM

link?

+1

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154583.msg1638381#msg1638381

opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 03:20:48 AM

Y'all might also think about creating BitPay accounts, and maybe funding them if that's an option, and learning how they work.

That's just the payment processor, right? I'm not sure how it happened when people bought their Avalon's but weren't you taken to a payment processor like Bitpay or given an address to send the funds to? Bitpay is for merchants and I don't think they want everyone trying to make merchant accounts (because that's all they have) just to make a payment.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:36:14 AM

That's just the payment processor, right? I'm not sure how it happened when people bought their Avalon's but weren't you taken to a payment processor like Bitpay or given an address to send the funds to? Bitpay is for merchants and I don't think they want everyone trying to make merchant accounts (because that's all they have) just to make a payment.

Batch 2 used walletbit.  You could create an account and get a nice receipt you can view when you login, or you could "checkout as guest", which gave you nothing but a bitcoin address to blindly send 75 BTC off into.  No order number, no email, nothing.  Mind you both walletbit and the avalon webstore were unstable, and you were lucky to get pages to load.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:40:10 AM

Walletbit was charging a premium just for funding your account though, so many chose guest checkout. If bitpay doesn't pull that then it'd probably be better to just fund your bitpay account ahead of time.

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:46:10 AM

Batch 2 used walletbit.  You could create an account and get a nice receipt you can view when you login, or you could "checkout as guest", which gave you nothing but a bitcoin address to blindly send 75 BTC off into.  No order number, no email, nothing.  Mind you both walletbit and the avalon webstore were unstable, and you were lucky to get pages to load.

I used guest checkout and got a order confirmation email, a payment recipt email and a payment confirmation email, all within about 1 minute. It was easy.
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:54:07 AM

I used guest checkout and got a order confirmation email, a payment recipt email and a payment confirmation email, all within about 1 minute. It was easy.

Was that in "Batch 2 Wave 1", 03-Feb, or "Batch 2 Wave 2", some time later?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: