Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:33:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Coinbase really reliable  (Read 623 times)
Tonko (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:14:41 AM

My bank records indicate they got my money on 3/15 after a transfer initiated on 3/13. Today I still have no BTC in my wallet.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markqvist

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 05:32:24 AM

Hmm... I have my doubts as well. Some days ago I initiated a tranfer from a coinbase wallet to another of my wallets, and it was pending for almost 48 hours. It was only .10 btc, but still i found it a bit suspicious. It would just sit there as "pending" with no further info, and you could tell that it was not pending in the "waiting for confirmation" way, but had not even been broadcast to the network. Got no real answer from their support either, but did get my funds transferred when i started posting about the problem on their support forum and emailing them. After 24 hours, that is  Angry
Tonko (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 06:33:17 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 07:42:54 AM by Tonko

I can understand the delay on initial purchase of BTC, (even if that doesn't make me happy that Credit Card services are way faster) but transfer that takes several days requires some explanation.
The whole idea was advertised so that, among other things, you can have your funds transferred within several hours?!
I wonder what is their excuse? We got shiny new offices in San Francisco and we are so cool?!
Hopefully its not this:
http://z1x.dk/page/4/
boscorocks

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 01:33:23 AM

My initial purchase of BTC took 6 days to get to the wallet. Then there was a problem with data changing and disappearing almost every time I refreshed the page. The last couple days one cannot send btc anywhere or buy any - so basically everything is frozen in and out. I had times yesterday when the website was down altogether. The canned explanation is that it was a server upgrade. It was supposed to be fine in a couple of hours last night. It kind of reminds me of BFL in a way...
However to give them some credit..when the site did work, I was able to sell BTC and it hit my bank account in 3 days generally. This is not an issue with Coinbase, it is how ACH transfers work. If you have a paypal balance and want to deposit it into your bank, it takes the same amount of time.
Is Coinbase reliable? Not at this point in time that is for sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: