Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:32:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .  (Voting closed: July 22, 2016, 10:12:07 PM)
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 1103 times)
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:01:13 PM

I understand that it's optimal for you to sell them before they arrive from the mint and I was really looking forward to getting #16 on the third series but it's just a coin.  I will respectfully pass on this line of coins after learning today that more than half of them are already sold and there was not a formal announcement to the reservations.

I will gladly pass if I don't agree with how a manufacturer/seller is handling their business and the rushed coin series release is irking me.   Wink

sorry digicoinuser, but one more time this is NOT a third serie. and this NOT an Ometeotl coin .
it's a NEW coin. with a better design than ometeotl ...  Try stop to think about "serie" ...

This coin will have a completely new and different design ( there was an enormous work on this design ) also, there will be a new hologram ( with a great work on it too )

also, there will be NO serie 2 for this coin , as i have made for ometeotl..

the goal of those coin is not to collect corresponding numbers like for some other coins ..... but just to can get one.. ( even if majority of users prefer having a set = 2 identical numbers from the same coin )

- so in finality , if you got #16 of each serie in the  2 ometeotl serie,  that's no matter if you got another number in this new LINE of coin , as they are NOT ometeotl  Cheesy ( even if you buy only coin with a #16 stamped on them ....  Wink

- Yes, these pre-reservations are private . and they will stay Private. so , first people to reserve, can choose the available number of their choice...   as the goal is not to make a collection of "numbers" but having a set of those coin in their collection.

defcon23
I think the point digicoin is meaning is that for fairness of sales it should be announced publicly. As it is a new series of coin from you. This would allow everyone an opportunity to see your announcement thread.

The only exception I could see of privately announcing it is like the kialara series that was gold and silver 2014s before making a public announcement.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:36:28 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2016, 02:49:23 AM by digicoinuser

I found it shocking that more than half of a new coin release would be sold already when prospective customers have no idea what the coin will look like and the denomination was still being voted on to the best of my knowledge.  Your coins/series in the past few months have been released extremely quick from your side.  It makes me think that if I miss this one, I will hopefully have a shot at the next coin quite soon if it's properly announced that private sales are starting.

To eze's point, with the Kialara private sales they were handled in a professional manner as all previous buyers received an email with a time-frame for the private sales before the items went public.  I would recommend following that model and if you need more information about how Kialara handled the announcement feel free to reach out to myself or eze and I'm sure we would be able to share the announcement email contents.  Smiley

I have great respect for your coins so far but feel your marketing/customer interaction could use some fine tuning and there is always room for growth.  As stated in my PM from yesterday morning, if I change my mind I will let you know but I was quite disappointed to feel left out of the private sale announcement as a supporter of your first 2 series.  Not that I really need #16 from the new coin design, but I felt a fair chance would have been optimal and I have been in touch with the user who you mentioned reserved #16 and we may work something out.

Edit: I removed a statement from my post that could be misconstrued. 

ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:42:33 PM

I found it shocking that more than half of a new coin release would be sold already when prospective customers have no idea what the coin will look like and the denomination was still being voted on to the best of my knowledge.  3 days from "pre-ann" to half being reserved via private sales was quick and I have to doubt that half of them are legitimately reserved (possibly 25 coins that are reserved could be for you to set a false precedent for demand but I'm not making accusations on anyone Smiley).

Your coins/series in the past few months have been released extremely quick from your side.  It makes me think that if I miss this one, I will hopefully have a shot at the next coin quite soon if it's properly announced that private sales are starting.

To eze's point, with the Kialara private sales they were handled in a professional manner as all previous buyers received an email with a time-frame for the private sales before the items went public.  I would recommend following that model and if you need more information about how Kialara handled the announcement feel free to reach out to myself or eze and I'm sure we would be able to share the announcement email contents.  Smiley

I have great respect for your coins so far but feel your marketing/customer interaction could use some fine tuning and there is always room for growth.  As stated in my PM from yesterday morning, if I change my mind I will let you know but I was quite disappointed to feel left out of the private sale announcement as a supporter of your first 2 series.  Not that I really need #16 from the new coin design, but I felt a fair chance would have been optimal and I have been in touch with the user who you mentioned reserved #16 and we may work something out.
I probably have that email from Kialara somewhere too.

But just from my perspective, it is easier working with people when you are transparent with everyone. I currently have multiple trade offers that are pending because I have reached out to everyone I want to trade with what's up and when they can expect things. Be respectful, patient and work with people. It's just good business.

Just my two cents.

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:50:40 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2016, 04:24:00 PM by defcon23

I found it shocking that more than half of a new coin release would be sold already when prospective customers have no idea what the coin will look like and the denomination was still being voted on to the best of my knowledge.  3 days from "pre-ann" to half being reserved via private sales was quick and I have to doubt that half of them are legitimately reserved (possibly 25 coins that are reserved could be for you to set a false precedent for demand but I'm not making accusations on anyone Smiley).

Your coins/series in the past few months have been released extremely quick from your side.  It makes me think that if I miss this one, I will hopefully have a shot at the next coin quite soon if it's properly announced that private sales are starting.

To eze's point, with the Kialara private sales they were handled in a professional manner as all previous buyers received an email with a time-frame for the private sales before the items went public.  I would recommend following that model and if you need more information about how Kialara handled the announcement feel free to reach out to myself or eze and I'm sure we would be able to share the announcement email contents.  Smiley

I have great respect for your coins so far but feel your marketing/customer interaction could use some fine tuning and there is always room for growth.  As stated in my PM from yesterday morning, if I change my mind I will let you know but I was quite disappointed to feel left out of the private sale announcement as a supporter of your first 2 series.  Not that I really need #16 from the new coin design, but I felt a fair chance would have been optimal and I have been in touch with the user who you mentioned reserved #16 and we may work something out.
I probably have that email from Kialara somewhere too.

But just from my perspective, it is easier working with people when you are transparent with everyone. I currently have multiple trade offers that are pending because I have reached out to everyone I want to trade with what's up and when they can expect things. Be respectful, patient and work with people. It's just good business.

Just my two cents.

sorry , but it seem we never have even only 1 trade together... just ask to people who have already had...

i dont really understand your recent feedback, and by the way this post ...  but never mind...

as already said: people who know me , and have already trade with me are aparently satisfied ..

and anyway , the goal , in finality  for me , is really to make a SUPER coin ..  Wink 

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:51:55 PM

Maybe once you get the coins if there are any still available you could make a list of the available spots.

Also you may want to post on this thread that if users want to reserve an available spot they should PM you so everyone is aware.

Smiley
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:08:47 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2016, 05:27:55 PM by defcon23

Maybe once you get the coins if there are any still available you could make a list of the available spots.

Also you may want to post on this thread that if users want to reserve an available spot they should PM you so everyone is aware.

Smiley

Yeah indeed , that's sounds a good idea coin@coin..  

i will do that in case they will be few sets available.

update:
Mintage should start shortly, ( next week ) then , the poll is now closed !
Once i will get the coins: i will post pictures of those, and  if some sets will rest available , i will post this list, as suggested by coin@coin. then, the interested  users will be free to contact me directly.

and for them who want to ensure a reservation NOW : just PM me .

Kind regards

defcon23

Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 05:05:21 AM

How much will they be?

same prices as for ometeotl...

by the way , the officials  reservations for those new coins have already started a bit more than 24 h ago , and,  at this point, theres' already 52 sets reserved.... so , there is really many chances that no sets will be available  for sale when i will get them physicaly in hands..  ( as they should be all reserved )

defcon23

Annnnnnd what price would that be. Sorry but I never saw the ometeotls before.
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:59:18 AM

Below is the second series, you can see the price there. But don't want to speak for defcon23.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1517259.0
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:14:50 AM

Below is the second series, you can see the price there. But don't want to speak for defcon23.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1517259.0

Thanx for your Answer coin@coin  Smiley

@Tacalt , yes ometeotl prices is related in the link coin@coin have provided to you in the post just above...

yeah , price should be stay the same as ometeotl coins.

In other hand,  ometeotl was made in zinc alloy with gold plating, and silver plating ( antique plating for serie 2 )

For this NEW coin , even if diameter & thickness will stay the same as for Ometeotl coins, their weight should increase, as  they will be made in solid Bronze, for 100 of each, and in solid copper( with antique polish ) for the over 100 ...  ( there will be NO serie 2 for this line )

This have indeed increase the production cost .. ( indeed...) ;  
but,  as a thank you for loyal collectors , i have take decision to not increase  price for those new coins...

Other point: this coin will be the last produced for this year 2016 .

Thank you.

defcon23

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: