Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:06:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 reasons why BFL will postpone their April 2013 shipping date  (Read 6545 times)
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:04:57 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2013, 07:30:26 PM by Frizz23

#10: Josh? Has anyone seen him joshin' around lately on BFL or Bitcointalk forums? It's oh so quiet ...

(OK he's still alive: eryngi: "He did have time to erase my post. So he's there "keeping things civil" while hiding after missing another delivery date.".
EDIT: Josh also deleted eryngi's post.)

--------
Archive:
Top 10 reasons why BFL will postpone their January 2013 shipping date
Top 10 reasons why BFL will postpone their February 2013 shipping date
Top 10 reasons why BFL will postpone their March 2013 shipping date

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:10:29 AM

i guess he doesn't need to make anymore sale? lol

#9 - Luke Jr. ends up setting BFL headquarters on fire by accidentally overclocking the clock buffers buffing the buffed clocks.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:11:35 AM

No need to make more than one BS thread, fuckers Smiley
MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:12:10 AM

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:12:51 AM

BFL gay fans boys going to hop around the forums like this ^^  Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 09:17:58 AM

Because they CAN.  Tongue

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 09:20:32 AM

Hey, just out of curiosity, are there actually some people who still think they're going to deliver ?
Are they the same people still waiting for a pirate payout ?

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:41:37 AM

#8 Having forgot what post, which timeline or even which dates they said BFL simply ships when they have something to ship and continue the why worry about "deadlines" approach well after April.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:27:00 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 10:40:52 AM by Gator-hex

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” - Mark Twain

I don't see how they could drag this out another month without delivering something, a prototype to a reviewer at least.  Roll Eyes

meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:36:20 AM

BFL gay fans boys going to hop around the forums like this ^^  Cheesy Cheesy

Ummm, notice the priestly collar?

Has BFL hired clergy?  BFLintology?

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:56:40 AM

Ummm, notice the priestly collar?

Has BFL hired clergy?  BFLintology?

Possibly  Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 11:33:15 AM

Hey, just out of curiosity, are there actually some people who still think they're going to deliver ?

Sure Grin

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:42:45 PM

With how quiet it has been in this 'chip testing' phase I would prepare for some more bad news.  BFL is usually pretty prompt with providing mediocre information and really slow with passing on bad news.

I really wish I could find that statement made by Josh so long ago (June I think) about how they had learned so much about this industry from the FPGAs that the ASICs process would be so much smoother.

I wonder have they actually surpassed the FPGA delay mark yet? What was it 6 months? Tongue

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:47:13 PM

With how quiet it has been in this 'chip testing' phase I would prepare for some more bad news.  BFL is usually pretty prompt with providing mediocre information and really slow with passing on bad news.

I'm afraid this is likely true. They post something at least once a day when things are going smooth and get very quiet when things go wrong.
vvic

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 06:57:38 PM

so... Why so much hate towards BFL from those who bought Avalon? I mean seriously. You should be happy and grateful for BFL not delivering in time. The longer they don't deliver, the more money for you. Instead of mocking BFL you should praise it. Just think if they didn't delay so much, you'd be getting waaaaay less today. Only people who should be depressed about BFL are those who bought their rigs. But they seem don't mind it, or they won't show it. No one wants to demonstrated they made a bad judgement. It is like horse race, you make your bet which horse will deliver first asic... Those who couldn't deside and bought both Avalon and BFL should also be happy. So come on, guys/gals, no need to rub it in to poor (and in some cases I mean it literally) BFL customers. Grin
Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:14:29 PM

so... Why so much hate towards BFL from those who bought Avalon? I mean seriously. You should be happy and grateful for BFL not delivering in time. The longer they don't deliver, the more money for you. Instead of mocking BFL you should praise it. Just think if they didn't delay so much, you'd be getting waaaaay less today. Only people who should be depressed about BFL are those who bought their rigs. But they seem don't mind it, or they won't show it. No one wants to demonstrated they made a bad judgement. It is like horse race, you make your bet which horse will deliver first asic... Those who couldn't deside and bought both Avalon and BFL should also be happy. So come on, guys/gals, no need to rub it in to poor (and in some cases I mean it literally) BFL customers. Grin

I have a single on order which is why I'm watching. But I'm doing a trade in from my FPGA single and used a CC for the other half. Right now my best path is just to hope something comes out soon. I have no idea how I would feel if I bought a minirig with Bitcoin. That is a totally different story.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:16:51 PM

i guess he doesn't need to make anymore sale? lol

#9 - Luke Jr. ends up setting BFL headquarters on fire by accidentally overclocking the clock buffers buffing the buffed clocks.  Cheesy
I thought he would have set it on fire after finding out it was a den of lies?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:23:01 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 07:33:08 PM by PuertoLibre

Praise Josh for his incompetence....wait...Josh didn't make the ASICs. Nasser did....or was it Chronicle Techs incompetence....Perhaps it was the Fab at fault...no...perhaps it was the bumpers....no wait....the packagers....or was it the broken tester?

I am confused...who should I praise for this <cough>miracle<cough>?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clusterfuck
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:46:06 PM

I am, in fact, impressed with BFL. It is a miracle they were able to get this far, given the obvious lack of competence at all levels, and a known scammer among them. Just look at what happened to another American ASIC project, bASIC.
It is not fair comparing these people with the kids from China (two teams to actually deliver ASICs thus far) - well educated, humble, and hard working.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
vvic

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:53:52 PM

I have a single on order which is why I'm watching. But I'm doing a trade in from my FPGA single and used a CC for the other half. Right now my best path is just to hope something comes out soon. I have no idea how I would feel if I bought a minirig with Bitcoin. That is a totally different story.
I can totally understand your feelings. As BFL customer this might turn into some potential profit loss... That would be depressing.
Praise Josh for his incompetence....wait...Josh didn't make the ASICs. Nasser did....or was it Chronicle Techs incompetence....Perhaps it was the Fab at fault...no...perhaps it was the bumpers....no wait....the packagers....or was it the broken tester?

I am confused...who should I praise for this <cough>miracle<cough>?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clusterfuck
You are not BFL customer, are you? If you bought Avalon, well, then I don't get your personal hate towards BFL and Josh. if you bought mini rig and don't have it yet
I am, in fact, impressed with BFL. It is a miracle they were able to get this far, given the obvious lack of competence at all levels, and a known scammer among them. Just look at what happened to another American ASIC project, bASIC.
It is not fair comparing these people with the kids from China (two teams to actually deliver ASICs thus far) - well educated, humble, and hard working.
, then I can totally see it.
I must admit BFL  exterior design look more pleasing to an eye. I'm not saying they are bad, nor saying they are good. I'm just saying that avalon customers have no reason to bash them, instead they should be grateful for the delay, because difficulty is less, they get more coins with avalons. That is all
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: