Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:44:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGox - how to verify so I don't lose my money (need help/advice)  (Read 2131 times)
Jobe7 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:03:00 PM

So.. earlier today I transferred money via the Poland/MtGox (putting money into my account), now I was stupid and forgot to add in the 'message' my code so that MY account would be credited correctly.

I contacted them instantly, and have been bouncing back and forth emails now.

My bank (statement) clearly shows my money has gone and been transferred (with a specific code/numbers).

Yet one of the details I'm being asked to provide to prove that I did send that money is a - wire conformation document -

I've been on the phone repeatedly to my bank (lloyds) and they've told me repeatedly that such a document does NOT exist. I've provided MtGox with the code/number on my statement (which my bank says is the only thing to show that I have sent the money, which obviously it does show, and the amount), and that this code/number WILL show up for MtGox on their side, and should be enough to verify (as obviously no one can guess that number & my name & my bank & the time I sent it & the amount I sent).

Yet I am still being asked by MtGox to provide the 'wire conformation document' ... which does NOT exist ......

I am still bouncing emails back and forth with MtGox, and hope they'll accept all the other information I've provided (and offered to phone Japan or anything else, but obviously can't provide something that I'm being told by my bank doesn't exist).

If anyone has any experience with something like this, please feel free to help, really don't want to lose my money to some kind of 'sinkhole' to MtGox because I can't provide something that doesn't exist and providing EVERYTHING else is not good enough ..

I like MtGox, don't get me wrong ... but their verification procedure BADLY needs to be better, or else people will lose all their money disappearing this way.

Help ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jobe7 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:40:36 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 09:31:57 PM by Jobe7

So, ye, my banks said to wait 1-3 days for it to appear in MtGox's account so they can verify/confirm.

But I'm still worried that at this point MtGox will still ask for a 'wire conformation document' which doesn't exist (or will it exist when it appears in their account?).

If anyone from the UK has ever forgotten their msg/code when depositing to MtGox (with a Lloyds bank or others, I imagine any UK bank is similar with its internet banking), then feel free to offer your advice/suggestions.

So, ye, I'll de-stress for now, wait those 1-3 days, and hope every bit of information I provide will make up for the document

edit: Waiting a few days and I'm sure that once it arrives they'll find it and verify and credit my account appropriately.

But Dear MtGox (hopefully one of you will see this thread), might I suggest more varied options in verification protocol. As those of us with a UK bank who use their banking account online to do a money transfer do NOT get a 'wire conformation document', and as such we are buggered sideways if this happens.

I'll write to them personally if no response is found here to suggest this.
Jobe7 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:06:12 AM

Can I move the thread myself? or can I mod do it please?

And ty Butter for pointing that out (I didn't see that area earlier)
Jobe7 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:09:30 PM

Thanks Butter Smiley

And I'm waiting patiently on the transfer to go through,

I expect MtGox is extremely busy atm with whats happening, but ye, I do still suggest some amendment to their verification process for UK users (as noted above).
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:53:49 PM

I'm not affiliated with Mtgox, but here goes:

Please be patient. This will be sorted out. Your money is not gone.

1. You forgot to input the correct code for crediting your account with the transfer, this was bad - but it's not a dead end solution.
2. MtGox crew will have to rectify the situation manually, I don't know how many of them has access to the account in question, but getting hold of that person to have it done will sort the issue out. Perhaps Mark is the only one with access, and in that case he's most easily reached as MagicalTux on freenode irc in channel MtGox, you can log on through the web irc client on bitcoin.org.
3. Many of the responses you get from support are semiautomated responses that doesn't always help very much, but don't get too frustrated, this is just how it is.
4. Barring after 14 days that the case is not solved to your satisfaction, have your bank reverse the transaction, which I don't know if is possible or not. But you could always ask.
5. As for the 'wire conformation document', you could simply make one up yourself with the necessary information attached to your transaction. Make a nice pdf out of it and sent it to MtGox. Tell them it's the 'wire conformation document'. These things are just formalities. And it's most of the time a matter of reaching the right person within MtGox, and it seems like Mark is the man who can fix most issues.
6. To avoid hassles the next time, you could always do a p2p trade and get bitcoins directly. There are many traders on this forum.
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:23:58 AM

So.. earlier today I transferred money via the Poland/MtGox (putting money into my account), now I was stupid and forgot to add in the 'message' my code so that MY account would be credited correctly.

I contacted them instantly, and have been bouncing back and forth emails now.

My bank (statement) clearly shows my money has gone and been transferred (with a specific code/numbers).

Yet one of the details I'm being asked to provide to prove that I did send that money is a - wire conformation document -

I've been on the phone repeatedly to my bank (lloyds) and they've told me repeatedly that such a document does NOT exist. I've provided MtGox with the code/number on my statement (which my bank says is the only thing to show that I have sent the money, which obviously it does show, and the amount), and that this code/number WILL show up for MtGox on their side, and should be enough to verify (as obviously no one can guess that number & my name & my bank & the time I sent it & the amount I sent).

Yet I am still being asked by MtGox to provide the 'wire conformation document' ... which does NOT exist ......

I am still bouncing emails back and forth with MtGox, and hope they'll accept all the other information I've provided (and offered to phone Japan or anything else, but obviously can't provide something that I'm being told by my bank doesn't exist).

If anyone has any experience with something like this, please feel free to help, really don't want to lose my money to some kind of 'sinkhole' to MtGox because I can't provide something that doesn't exist and providing EVERYTHING else is not good enough ..

I like MtGox, don't get me wrong ... but their verification procedure BADLY needs to be better, or else people will lose all their money disappearing this way.

Help ..

Hello,

My name is Natalie and I am responsible for our customer support.  The reason that we are asking you for the wire confirmation details is to locate your deposit when they show up.  We only need the details to locate your deposit and it is not part of the verification process.  If you could provide me your ticket number through the PM, I can look into this for you.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 08:01:18 PM

HAs this been resolved?
Jobe7 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:51:08 AM

Hi there,

It's ticket number #59166

But I'm being patient for now and giving it another day or 2 (tomorrow/friday is 3rd day) so I'm sure it will turn up, and then was going to email again and ask.
Jobe7 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:45:54 PM

Marcus, Mar 22 22:23 (JST):
Hello Joel,

It appears that the message M75230740X was not added to the the transfer. We have linked the funds and your funds are in the process of verification once the verification process is completed the funds will be credited to your account.Once the amount is credit to your account we will keep you updated. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team
-----------------------------------

It's getting sorted Smiley Nice to know for others, if this situation arises that MtGox will be on the ball Smiley

Ty gals and girls, and don't forget to support CLEAR - Cannabis Law Reform (UK) (in the belly of the beast!)

(yes that's a shameless plug)
Jobe7 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:01:24 AM

The issue got fixed, credited the full amount to my account. Tbh, very pleased that it was this speedily resolved.

*Applaud MtGox*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: