Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:34:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Intact & Running 6000 M/K Hash plus GPU Farm  (Read 1816 times)
planman (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:26:17 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2013, 03:05:01 AM by planman

NOTE:

To save everybody time and trouble:

I think I have a committed buyer for my GPU farm.

I will update the thread as sold when I recieve payment or other mark the thread active if the deal does not close.

Planman

/NOTE

I am going to need to travel and so I am selling a turn-key GPU farm. Please PM me if interested.

This is a turn key mining operation: Running rigs including all hardware and misc bits. You only need add a monitor, keyboard, and ethernet cables.

5 rigs running in custom frames. 1 rig is running in a benchtop/flat layout (used for mining and for checking out new cards).

Everything has 1000 watt power supplies, All the motherboards except 1 are new Gigabyte boards less than 60 days old, 4GB ram, Sata hard drives, and AMD Sempron or Dual Core AM3 socket processors. 1 of the rigs has an Intel based motherboard I bought used off ebay with 2GB ram and runs fine. Several of the frames have additional fans to keep the air moving.

The rigs are running 20GPU right now. Later today I have a card arriving that might make it 21 GPU total.

I prefer stability and low energy costs so I don't severely clock my cards. On a few of the cards whose fans stopped working I strapped on 120mm fans which look funny but provide great cooling.

I have 2 5970's and the rest of the cards are about a mix of 5870's, 5850's, and 5830's. There might be 1 or 2 68xx series cards in there.

Everything is up and running stable. Most rigs I reboot every few days whether or not they need it when I shift production from one coin to another. I easily get past 6,000 M/Khash sustained with no drama. With aggressive overclocking production could be cranked up higher. I run CGminer and have scripts to run bit or litcoin. Right now most of my machines are running Litecoins.

I just got in an 8 port KVM switch with cables I will throw in for free with the farm.

I would strongly prefer to sell the entire group of rigs intact and running to a single buyer as a single turn key operation.

Mid-atlantic delivery, setup, and training is negotiable. Payment accepted in a variety of formats. Seller is a Maryland C corporation.

**** NOT INTERESTED IN PARTING OUT THE RIGS AT THIS TIME  *****

Please let me know if you are interested!

Thank you,

Planman

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
astanix

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:24:13 PM

Pics?
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:28:00 PM

I am currently moderately interested. That could be bumped to very serious by providing PSU info and amount of pcie slots used/unused. And a price ballpark that could confirm this could be advantageous vs the 1.8khs/$ I can get with new and current hardware.
planman (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:41:02 AM

Astanix... Here you go:

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Charles_Arthur_Bell/media/6K%20Rig/P1040167_zps40cb09a3.jpg.html#/user/Charles_Arthur_Bell/media/6K%20Rig/P1040167_zps40cb09a3.jpg.html?&_suid=136372230752907857781764169437

planman (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:08:18 AM

I am currently moderately interested. That could be bumped to very serious by providing PSU info and amount of pcie slots used/unused. And a price ballpark that could confirm this could be advantageous vs the 1.8khs/$ I can get with new and current hardware.

Just curious, what configuration produces this 1.8 khs/$ rate after you buy the GPU, motherboard, memory, processor, power supply, hard drives, riser cables, case/frame, networking equipment, KVM equipment, and invest the time to set it all up? I could see 1.8 if you are only buying the GPU, for example a 79xx series card...

What have I missed?

Thx,

Planman
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 02:02:10 AM

Just curious, what configuration produces this 1.8 khs/$ rate after you buy the GPU, motherboard, memory, processor, power supply, hard drives, riser cables, case/frame, networking equipment, KVM equipment, and invest the time to set it all up? I could see 1.8 if you are only buying the GPU, for example a 79xx series card...

What have I missed?

Thx,

Planman

Hard drives are not necessary mining.  Case and frame are often free or a simple plastic shelf.  KVM not necessary.  Time and setup is really hobby for most of us, we would re-setup any gear our own way anyhow and not even think about it.  Really it is about hardware cost for the needed items.  Even purchasing new 6000m/h would be less then $4800 using 12 new 7950's with moderate clocks 

astanix

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:03:22 AM

What is the power consumption across all of these units combined? Can you give us an idea of how much money you're looking to get for this?
matauc12

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 04:16:04 AM

What have I missed?

Thx,

Planman
You are adding a lot of unnecessary stuff there.... Like a lot. CPU/mobo/PSU/ram 450$ per 7 GPUs. In fact, might even be able to get almost 2khs/$ getting good specials new. But I'm not here to argue, just trying to get you to sell me second hand 3 generation old gear for fair price.

The reason I asked for a ballpark is if you said something in the 4k's I would just have moved along because I can get that new (with all the perks of new like reliability and resale value, and gotta admit, the new burning in PCB smell).
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 04:18:19 AM

What have I missed?

Thx,

Planman
You are adding a lot of unnecessary stuff there.... Like a lot. CPU/mobo/PSU/ram 450$ per 7 GPUs. In fact, might even be able to get almost 2khs/$ getting good specials new. But I'm not here to argue, just trying to get you to sell me second hand 3 generation old gear for fair price.

you left out the $5 USB stick...
planman (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:16:40 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2013, 01:27:19 AM by planman

What have I missed?

Thx,

Planman

The reason I asked for a ballpark is if you said something in the 4k's I would just have moved along because I can get that new (with all the perks of new like reliability and resale value, and gotta admit, the new burning in PCB smell).

I understand your points that you might not choose the same parts I would, and I understand a lot of you do this as a hobby. But there are folks who do this as a business and pay others to set things up. We're in the group that took this on as a business. We were thrilled when we caught the Litecoin spike and had it pay off pretty fast. Unfortunately we only few a few thousand invested and only made a few thousand. So I guess we have to keep our day jobs...

I am sure a lot of you guys can build a system from parts. That involves sweat equity and setup. So of course you would buy parts, that would be the only sensible thing to do; however, there are also buyers who don't have the time/energy/patience to figure out/experiment/build their own. So they are probably shopping for a system, not for parts. I am offering a rolling system, completely intact and income generating. Soup to nuts, plug it in and go prices to produce an ROI measured in days not years.

I understand the used parts market and the discount components trade at, I am just staying out of it for the time being. GPU's have one price, GPU's mining coins have a different price.

I have a few weeks so we will see where things go before I need to travel. If I don't get in touch with somebody who wants to hit the ground running with a delivered rolling system, then what I will probably part out the cards and craigslist the other stuff.

If you want parts, absolutely go buy parts... if you need a running system, I have a running system and will delivery, training, and post-sales support to get you making money right away.

Matauc12 I have the feeling your probably the guy that doesn't need my help getting any of this stuff setup and rolling Wink

If I decide to part it out, I will let everybody here know!

I just heard my fan speeds change, so I am going to go see if Coinotron just went down again...

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Planman

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 01:48:51 AM

I understand your points that you might not choose the same parts I would, and I understand a lot of you do this as a hobby. But there are folks who do this as a business and pay others to set things up. We're in the group that took this on as a business. We were thrilled when we caught the Litecoin spike and had it pay off pretty fast. Unfortunately we only few a few thousand invested and only made a few thousand. So I guess we have to keep our day jobs...

I am sure a lot of you guys can build a system from parts. That involves sweat equity and setup. So of course you would buy parts, that would be the only sensible thing to do; however, there are also buyers who don't have the time/energy/patience to figure out/experiment/build their own. So they are probably shopping for a system, not for parts. I am offering a rolling system, completely intact and income generating. Soup to nuts, plug it in and go prices to produce an ROI measured in days not years.

I understand the used parts market and the discount components trade at, I am just staying out of it for the time being. GPU's have one price, GPU's mining coins have a different price.

I have a few weeks so we will see where things go before I need to travel. If I don't get in touch with somebody who wants to hit the ground running with a delivered rolling system, then what I will probably part out the cards and craigslist the other stuff.

If you want parts, absolutely go buy parts... if you need a running system, I have a running system and will delivery, training, and post-sales support to get you making money right away.

Matauc12 I have the feeling your probably the guy that doesn't need my help getting any of this stuff setup and rolling Wink

If I decide to part it out, I will let everybody here know!

I just heard my fan speeds change, so I am going to go see if Coinotron just went down again...

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Planman

From experience:

If you have the boxes to the equipment and it is clean; motherboards, power supplies and video cards will go for the most on eBay.  It is a hassle but that is where top dollar is. 

HERE on Bitcointalk, parted is where you will sell them.  I have seen whole farms sell but only at a huge DISCOUNT.  Very few people here will want this intact, and if they did they would probably pay 50% to 75% the price of new. 

bitblazing

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:49:54 AM

YGPM
gen. specific

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:08:09 AM

PM'd you too

congrats on being there for the litecoin run-up
planman (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 04:11:28 AM

What have I missed?

Thx,

Planman

you left out the $5 USB stick...

And the $5 ebay hard drive...
samurai1200

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:12:56 AM

In the pics you have quite a few different boxes/racks. If unwilling to part out down to the component resolution, would you be willing to separate running rigs as standalone units?

If so, could you list what each 'box' or 'rack' contains?

You have to understand, you're asking us to bid on your claim of hashing speed without getting into specifics of hardware. 'Some of this and some of that' doesn't pass as descriptive. I'm not trying to attack you, but rather I have some interest and would like to know what sort of headache I'm about to take on  Wink

p.s. the more info you give us, the more expedited this whole selling process will be for you. considering you're under time constraints, it would behoove you to spill the beans to us!

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
matauc12

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 11:22:04 PM

I was actually gonna buy whole, but as I seem to understand you are looking to perhaps charge a premium for "ready to run" for someone who doesn't have the ability? (Nothing against that at all, just as you suggested, that has little value to me) But if you want to give me a ballpark, I'll definitely consider if its below new range.
planman (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:03:17 AM

Hello,

To save everybody time and trouble:

I think I have a committed buyer for my GPU farm.

I will update the thread as sold when I recieve payment or other mark the thread active if the deal does not close.

Special thanks to Littleshop, Matauc12, and Samurai1200 who gave me a lot of help with the listing!

Planman
planman (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 03:14:53 AM

The farm sold, intact, and was picked up as a complete turn key operation today.

The new buyer has contacted me and is already getting the rigs up and mining.

Thank you to the buyer and happy mining! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: