Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:24:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Purchasing Bitcoin  (Read 625 times)
Apphipps (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:01:13 PM

I purchased bitcoin but have not received them in my wallet. I have the same wallet on a PC
  and Android phone but they have not come through on either one. I purchased them from
  an ATM machine, I have used this machine before with no problem.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 08:06:40 PM

Same wallet software?
To have the same addresses which controls the same funds, you would need to share the private key between 2 wallets, which I don't think you did.

Could you post the addresses you used?
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:13:57 PM

I purchased bitcoin but have not received them in my wallet. I have the same wallet on a PC
  and Android phone but they have not come through on either one. I purchased them from
Mind answering a few questions ?
>Which wallet do you use ?
>Do you have the transaction id of the transfer ?

The coins would be on your address regardless of where the wallets are installed.We won't be able to provide much help if you can't provide the above details.
Apphipps (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 01:40:52 PM

Thanks for the help. I think the problem is with the cell phone. The receiving address on the cell phone
  is adding four periods in the middle of the address that are not in the address on the PC. I use the
  QR on the phone to make purchases and website on the PC to make payments. The last three purchases
  I had no problem but I was not checking the address on the phone. If the cell phone address is the problem
  is their anyway to find out where the payment went. The ATM does not print a receipt and I did not write the
  information down.

Thanks again for the help
  Allen
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 03:19:35 PM

Im actually amazed,i have never heard about some kind of a problem like you have
i have bought btc many times from ATM and everything was alright,so i think i cannot help you,
maybe it is all about confirmation?
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 11:10:37 AM

Thanks for the help. I think the problem is with the cell phone. The receiving address on the cell phone
  is adding four periods in the middle of the address
that are not in the address on the PC. I use the
  QR on the phone to make purchases and website on the PC to make payments. The last three purchases
  I had no problem but I was not checking the address on the phone. If the cell phone address is the problem
  is their anyway to find out where the payment went. The ATM does not print a receipt and I did not write the
  information down.

Correct address cannot have any periods in it. It might have just been shortened by your wallet for display purpose (to fit on the screen etc).
If you indeed use 2 different wallets with the same private key, you could be having issues with wallets showing incorrect balances.

Have you checked your receiving address on blockchain.info or other explorer? Does it show the transaction? Are you sure that the transaction went through at all?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Apphipps (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 09:26:41 PM

My android phone list receiving address like this 16SLBs8PDQtrJp7LnD...dSt8MHwRQgPvxux I uninstalled
  electrum from phone reinstalled it also installed a new electrum wallet but I still have this problem. Has
  anyone had this problem before.
  Allen
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 09:47:30 PM

My android phone list receiving address like this 16SLBs8PDQtrJp7LnD...dSt8MHwRQgPvxux I uninstalled
  electrum from phone reinstalled it also installed a new electrum wallet but I still have this problem. Has
  Allen

Can you try to move your phone on the landscape mode and check if you can see the whole address? Or if the screen is small trying in a tablet can be the last hope if it is because of the screen. Clicking on it doesn't copy the address?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6587

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 09:49:19 PM

Allen
Those periods are to shorten the address so that it fits on screen. To actually get the address, you should tap the copy button and it will copy your address. Or you can tap the new button, scroll to the requests tab on the right, and click on the shortened address in the list. Then choose "details" and you will see the address there as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: