Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:26:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen?  (Read 52565 times)
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 11:22:56 PM

As usual I see complete illiteracy in economics in the posts above.  Supply and demand have very little to do with a cryptocurrency.

If people do not spend BTC to buy everyday things the price will fall to $0 because the majority will realize that the promise of it being a viable currency is either a lie or unrealistic.

It really disgusts me when people compare BTC to gold, silver, etc.  People hold precious metals, land, and art in the event of hyperinflation.  If that happens and fiat becomes like toilet paper they still have something tangible to trade that is KNOWN by most, if not all, merchants.

IF BTC HAS NEVER ESTABLISHED ITSELF AS A CURRENCY IN THE MINDS OF THE MASSES IT IS EFFECTIVELY WORTHLESS!!

This "store of wealth"/Ponzi scheme mentality that most on this forum insist upon WILL NOT LAST if BTC doesn't become a commonly traded currency with a FOREX trading mentality being secondary.

You people that think that everyone is putting their money into BTC to earn a profit ONLY, and with no intention to spend it, are GOING TO LOSE YOUR MONEY.  Sooner or later everyone with money in this game are going to figure it out and the whales are already fully aware and ready to dump their holdings at a moments notice.  All of you tiny little fish are going to be holding an empty bag while being completely unable to accept or understand that your delusions were completely wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:37:38 PM

Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

i think bitcoin will be very stable or the price will be so low compare to this year.

RayvenPierre

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:27:28 AM

If no one spends bitcoins and the miners are continuously bitcoin, then without a doubt the price of bitcoin will decrease. Why? Take it this way, if there is no bitcoin spent and the miners keep mining it there will be a pool of supply of bitcoin which will cause the price to decrease. Remember that as the supply increases the price decreases.

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 12:37:43 AM

If no one spends bitcoins and the miners are continuously bitcoin, then without a doubt the price of bitcoin will decrease. Why? Take it this way, if there is no bitcoin spent and the miners keep mining it there will be a pool of supply of bitcoin which will cause the price to decrease. Remember that as the supply increases the price decreases.
No one would be able to get bitcoins but the miners would still generate it. The trading of bitcoin would be great therefore I don't believe that the price would decrease. For sure, there would always be an increase in bitcoin and it would limit to 21 million, but the demand also increases because a lot more people are getting into it. It would result to increase in price.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:20:50 AM

If no one spends bitcoin which means every one is saving their bitcoins. Then i think the value of bitcoin increases very high because the demand increase but supply decrease.

fedora8

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:07:03 PM

if no 1 spends bitcoin possibly altcoins will be gone, but chances of that happening is really modest, bear in mind bitcoin is cryptocurrency a fantastic for the long term
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:12:12 PM

if no 1 spends bitcoin possibly altcoins will be gone, but chances of that happening is really modest, bear in mind bitcoin is cryptocurrency a fantastic for the long term

Bitcoin is becoming stronger and stronger every day. I doubt that there is anything that can stop this activity. Recently nobody has heard about it, and now almost everyone knows, and every second one uses it! I do not know what it would have to be to end this.
Bren Briones

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 02:15:27 PM

If no one will spend bitcoin definitely the supply and demand law will be affected. There will be lacking in bitcoins and it will not circulate. Whether the need is high the price will get high. But I think this will not happen in thw future. Bitcoin will still ciirculate in the market.

Cazemiro

Activity: 252
Merit: 31

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:24:22 PM

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

As usual I see complete illiteracy in economics in the posts above.  Supply and demand have very little to do with a cryptocurrency.

If people do not spend BTC to buy everyday things the price will fall to $0 because the majority will realize that the promise of it being a viable currency is either a lie or unrealistic.

It really disgusts me when people compare BTC to gold, silver, etc.  People hold precious metals, land, and art in the event of hyperinflation.  If that happens and fiat becomes like toilet paper they still have something tangible to trade that is KNOWN by most, if not all, merchants.

IF BTC HAS NEVER ESTABLISHED ITSELF AS A CURRENCY IN THE MINDS OF THE MASSES IT IS EFFECTIVELY WORTHLESS!!

This "store of wealth"/Ponzi scheme mentality that most on this forum insist upon WILL NOT LAST if BTC doesn't become a commonly traded currency with a FOREX trading mentality being secondary.

You people that think that everyone is putting their money into BTC to earn a profit ONLY, and with no intention to spend it, are GOING TO LOSE YOUR MONEY.  Sooner or later everyone with money in this game are going to figure it out and the whales are already fully aware and ready to dump their holdings at a moments notice.  All of you tiny little fish are going to be holding an empty bag while being completely unable to accept or understand that your delusions were completely wrong.

I share the same idea, it is necessary that the BTC be used to keep increasing the price.
CryptonomyCapital

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:28:56 PM

The price won't stuck it will go down. We will see dupm in that case.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:45:05 PM

Well if no one spends them and people keep buying bitcoins, then the marketcap would just go up and up until people have no moey left for anything. then I hope they will start spending their bitcoins for at least food and stuff :p
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:50:06 PM

Not Spending Bitcoin is different from Holding it. Not using Bitcoin as a currency but as an investment is currently being done now. What I mean about that is people are actually holding Bitcoin more rather than spending it, which is directly opposite to what you are saying that it will have a value of zero. People who are holding Bitcoin and not selling or spending it are actually contributing to the price increase of Bitcoin because they are pressuring the buyers to increase their price offering to buy their Bitcoin.
Williamsss

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:18:08 PM

Just make small check on  number of Daily trans in blockchain.info  people can save them bitcoin but must use at least small part of that coins
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:31:11 PM

if we say that no one will use bitcoin it is impossible because there are many people who spend their money on daily needs most of the people are completing their education through this financial help so it can’t be said that no one will use bitcoin. If you have a minor quantity of this currency you will use less and if you have a much quantity you will use more but we can’t stop spending this currency.

drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:48:28 PM

Bitcoin is becoming stronger and stronger every day. I doubt that there is anything that can stop this activity. Recently nobody has heard about it, and now almost everyone knows, and every second one uses it! I do not know what it would have to be to end this.
Why do you want to be to end this trend? I think Bitcoin can increases its value more than every day is the benefit for any Bitcoin holder? Or are you not a Bitcoin holder? Do you want to buy Bitcoin with cheap price again?

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
boriss3

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:27:12 PM

There will often be folks buying and selling bitcoin on exchanges or converting it for Gold, Fiat, Dark Internet merchandise or whatsoever so essentially it really is often shifting, i don't see the position here.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:50:31 PM

if we say that no one will use bitcoin it is impossible because there are many people who spend their money on daily needs most of the people are completing their education through this financial help so it can’t be said that no one will use bitcoin. If you have a minor quantity of this currency you will use less and if you have a much quantity you will use more but we can’t stop spending this currency.

In the event that no one will ever spend their bitcoins (which is deemed impossible), then slowly it will become obsolete and its value will plummet in the market. Like most of the people said, it is impossible for users to not spend their bitcoins due to its significant value if converted to fiat and investments that are high risks. The reason on why bitcoin's prices are continuously rising everyday is due to people spending it on the market, thus making it very liquid. Its volatile and decentralized nature makes it as a perfect vessel for investors to take the risk and hope to yield income in the future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
vafro

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:08:44 PM

I am sorry to say, but this query is like, what would occur of the sky would fall!!  This would not take place, simply because there are to a lot of people on the networks and there is no cause for them to stop using the program.  Inquiring what if is in no way everything a lot more than a squander of time.  What if I was a millionaire???  I would not be below.
Aganythe

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:21:19 PM

Most very likely the bitcoin will go down soon or afterwards than and also will significantly less much more used too so it would not be very good at all for the bitcoin.
Ziomuro27

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:56:16 PM

Check it out here

I think that the balance of the people and the society will be affected because it's not proportion nor balance and I think also that most people will spend their money for a reason and not just invest it forever in their virtual wallet to make a bug income.

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/center]
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: